Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I'm so excited. I've been looking forward to this the moment it was announced, though I guess that was over a year ago, gosh time goes by. Here's to hopefully the best live action Superman content we've gotten in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Nice.

Just letting you guys know in advance, if either of those two half and half kids try and take the Superboy name the writers don't know what they're doing. There will always only ever be one true Superboy: Clark Kent. It's not a mantle.
    Never, it's not a mantle. There's only one Superboy. Clark Kent.

Oh plz, WORST superboy is Prime.

Conner Kent /kon-el is the best absolutely no doubt
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

first clip!
    Is that supposed to be Perry at the beginning?

I wonder if we'll see Lois' first meeting with Superman or when Clark revealed his identity to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that supposed to be Perry at the beginning?

I wonder if we'll see Lois' first meeting with Superman or when Clark revealed his identity to her.
    The reviews did say we'd get montage on Lois and Clark's history so, important moments in their relationship will be shown. I imagine her meeting him as Superman will be there, wonder if it's the helicopter version.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Oh plz, WORST superboy is Prime.

Conner Kent /kon-el is the best absolutely no doubt
    Cloneboy isn't Superboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    So, on Earth-Prime, comics never published any of the Superboy comics featuring characters who weren't Clark Kent that've been around since, oh, the early 70s?

Wow, Earth-Prime really is a wacky place
    And none of 'em stuck around. Just like how everybody was saying Clark Kent is the only Superman, Clark Kent is the only Superboy. The others need to get their own identities, they'll never last as Superboy anyway.

BANNED

And none of 'em stuck around. Just like how everybody was saying Clark Kent is the only Superman, Clark Kent is the only Superboy. The others need to get their own identities, they'll never last as Superboy anyway.
    This doesn’t really feel like the appropriate place to complain about this given the show hasn’t even aired one episode yet and, frankly, Jon Kent is a canon Superboy now beloved by many in that role even if not by you. If the show chooses to call him that at some point, they would be well within their right to do so.

But, either way, this doesn’t really have anything to do with that preview clip.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Okay, I thought you were just joking and playing up the whole "Superboy-Prime as irrational fanboy" shtick of your namesake, but I guess you're actually serious...

Are you really denying that other versions of Superboy have indeed stuck around for decades and appeared in comics, cartoons, and TV under the name Superboy? Or are you simply saying that those characters shouldn't have been called Superboy because of your preference for young Clark Kent being the only character you want using that name?

Because the latter is a somewhat reasonable while the former would mean you are existing in a reality different from the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    This doesn’t really feel like the appropriate place to complain about this given the show hasn’t even aired one episode yet and, frankly, Jon Kent is a canon Superboy now beloved by many in that role even if not by you. If the show chooses to call him that at some point, they would be well within their right to do so.

But, either way, this doesn’t really have anything to do with that preview clip.
    I agree this is not the place for such debate. We have another currently active thread for this very topic (about how the moniker Superman and to a lesser extent Superboy should be treated) the "Mantle" Thread.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

How would the show even do two Superboys? They're gonna be called something else. Ultraboy and Extremeboy or something.

How would the show even do two Superboys? They're gonna be called something else. Ultraboy and Extremeboy or something.
    Superboys the Super Twins (in name at least), those could work I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Superboys the Super Twins (in name at least), those could work I guess....
    Nah, Clark should object to it. He should say he was Superboy, so they can't use the name, so they come up with something else.

Nah, Clark should object to it. He should say he was Superboy, so they can't use the name, so they come up with something else.
    Oh---------kay, hmmmmmm, yeah.......

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Oh---------kay, hmmmmmm, yeah.......
    Do you disagree? I feel there are certain things that should remain sacred. Invent new identities rather than shoehorning new characters into existing identities. Don't piggyback a new character off an existing fanbase nine times out of ten it fails plus it is lazy, creatively bankrupt writing. I know it is hard work but at one time all the classic characters were unknown quantities.

I think Clark Kent would feel the same way, especially since his exploits as Superboy were probably documented in Smallville's news or whatever.

Astonishing Member

Who says they will be called any this early in the story? I know some expect this to become like the other shows where the heroes had tech support/sidekicks coming out their ears, this show, for the moment isn't trying to be like those shows, so Superboy won't happen just yet. One of the boys will have abilities but I doubt he'll be donning a costume of his own just yet. There's already a Superboy on tv, on the show Titans. They might keep it that way for as long as Conner is on that show.