Page 24 of 127 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the creators are really promoting a black woman as Batwoman hard, they might do the same for Batman.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s interesting that they created a black Batman for the comics aimed at adaption, but are going with a black Superman on film. I don’t really know where Fox fits into WB’s plans. I could see them creating a Jace Fox Batman TV show so he and Hoechlin could team up, basically the opposite of how the film side might end up working. We know the CW wants to bring in Batman at some point, they were already planning a crossover to facilitate that.
    Yara was also jumping on CW before her comic debut. These characters feel suited for a channel like CW that couldn't get the real deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I keep imagining him turning up in the Batwoman show since Luke is a supporting character, but I feel like having black Batman would take the spotlight away from the black Batwoman or at least wouldn't get its due since he'd ultimately be a supporting hero like Hoechlin was in his Supergirl appearances.
    Only way I could see him showing up there is if they want to copy Hoechlin and introduce him in Batwoman before spinning him off into his own show.
    Flash was also first introduced in Arrow. This is how the Arrowverse worked so far, giving characters an introduction into other shows before getting their own spin off.

It would be cool to see Jon and Jordan hang out with Stargirl and friends.

Adam Strange would be also be fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Don't be too quick patting yourself on the back. You explicitly told me to mansplain to my wife that should be more careful how she expresses herself to her own husband in private.

The only people in this particular situation who have ended up looking bad are me for going public with her first impression of Hoechlin and you for thinking it was appropriate to dictate how other women are supposed to express themselves in private

So, since neither of us came of this situation looking particularly great, you might want to skip the "I told you so"
    It wasn’t private bc you put it on this forum. I can’t and won’t apologize for pointing out that we shouldn’t label people “looking like rapists.” I didn’t do anything wrong by calling that out. I was right to do so. How you chose to handle it in your personal life is your own business but once you put it on this forum it was fair game to be called out for the problem it was. If you think that made me look bad, then I’m actually fine with that. I’m ok with “looking bad” to you for something that serious especially given I’m an actual sexual assault survivor and so jokes like that do not land for me ever.

Wishing you the best. My post here was actually just an attempt to be friendly. I’m glad you both enjoyed the show.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 02-28-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    It wasn’t private bc you put it on this forum. I can’t and won’t apologize for pointing out that we shouldn’t label people “looking like rapists.” I didn’t do anything wrong by calling that out. I was right to do so. How you chose to handle it in your personal life is your own business but once you put it on this forum it was fair game to be called out for the problem it was. If you think that made me look bad, then I’m actually fine with that. I’m ok with “looking bad” to you for something that serious especially given I’m an actual sexual assault survivor and so jokes like that do not land for me ever.

Wishing you the best. My post here was actually just an attempt to be friendly. I’m glad you both enjoyed the show.
    Yeah, I don't blame you. That's like... An awful thing to say. And pretty weird too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be cool to see Jon and Jordan hang out with Stargirl and friends.

Adam Strange would be also be fun.
    Stargirl is on the new “Earth 2” right?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Your guess is as good as mine. I haven't watched Stargirl yet.

Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yes, it is.
    Interesting, I thought part of the purpose of Crisis was to get all the shows on one Earth. Guess this is a holdover from being a DC Universe show?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interesting, I thought part of the purpose of Crisis was to get all the shows on one Earth. Guess this is a holdover from being a DC Universe show?
    It got all the main Arrowverse shows on one Earth.

The Multiverse still exists for everything else.

There's the possibility of Superman & Lois crossing over with the Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman. How would you feel about that?

There's the possibility of Superman & Lois crossing over with the Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman. How would you feel about that?
    Zero chance that happens. They threw in Ezra as a cameo because it helps set up the Multiversial exploration his movie is going to be about. But the film side doesn’t respect the television side so I don’t expect that to happen again. A Superman Beyond movie where all the Multiversal Supermen team up would be cool though.

They should have Brandon Routh guest star as Superman in Stargirl, say he's another one of Pat's old friends. I mean they said he's earth 96, but John Shipp's Jay Garrick was supposed to be from not earth 2 but they're apparently retconning that to get him in there.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-28-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    I appreciate that. And I am sorry for my reply as it came off harsher than I intended. Like I said, it was my mistake for making her comments public, not hers.

The great thing here is she reversed course on her first impression and is on board for Hoechlin, which is something I am sure we are both happy about

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, I don't blame you. That's like... An awful thing to say. And pretty weird too.
    Thank you for chiming in, Superboy-Prime. If you have the time, please retcon punch away this entire tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    They should have Brandon Routh guest star as Superman in Stargirl, say he's another one of Pat's old friends. I mean they said he's earth 96, but John Shipp's Jay Garrick was supposed to be from not earth 2 but they're apparently retconning that to get him in there.
    It’s a pity they let Routh go, I’d definitely be cool with him as the elder Earth 2 Superman on the JSA. Be cool to see him and Tyler interact more.