Page 33 of 127 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

I didn't want an exact replica of Donner's Fortress, I wanted something cooler and with more technology. Something more grand and roomy lol. What I saw felt too small. It really felt like a TV budget. This show's FOS is pretty much the worse I've seen. Even Krypton on SyFy showed cooler places.

Something more like this is what I hoped to see.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I didn't want an exact replica of Donner's Fortress, I wanted something cooler and with more technology. Something more grand and roomy lol. What I saw felt too small. It really felt like a TV budget. This show's FOS is pretty much the worse I've seen. Even Krypton on SyFy showed cooler places.

Hm in terms of barrenness the show’s FoS is pretty close to that. I do hope that they plan to have Clark do some interior decorating when it comes to the Fortress, the Spartan “realistic” aesthetic is a boring choice imo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hm in terms of barrenness the show’s FoS is pretty close to that. I do hope that they plan to have Clark do some interior decorating when it comes to the Fortress, the Spartan “realistic” aesthetic is a boring choice imo.
    Agreed. I was deeply underwhelmed by the Fortress as nothing more than a glorified ice igloo and a D-list middle aged actor giving a bored Brando/Crowe impression. I understand playing Jor-El like you're a bored actor cashing a paycheck is a funny joke, but I'd like to see more compelling stuff with AI Jor-El than what we've gotten so far. At least give us Kelex!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. I was deeply underwhelmed by the Fortress as nothing more than a glorified ice igloo and a D-list middle aged actor giving a bored Brando/Crowe impression. I understand playing Jor-El like you're a bored actor cashing a paycheck is a funny joke, but I'd like to see more compelling stuff with AI Jor-El than what we've gotten so far. At least give us Kelex!
    The funny thing is Supergirl's Fortress had Kelex .

At least this Jor-El AI seems actually helpful and not Terrence Stamp's "I will teach you properly Kal-El by ruining your life and forcing you to do things you don't want to do" Jor-El AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

At least this Jor-El AI seems actually helpful and not Terrence Stamp's "I will teach you properly Kal-El by ruining your life and forcing you to do things you don't want to do" Jor-El AI.
    Welling Clark was a whiny little **** though who never wanted to be Superman and basically had to be forced into it

So I can totally get why AI Jor-El would be a dick to him (although I think they hand waved that he was partly corrupted).

Also I like that it’s explicit that Jordan was named after Jor-El.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Welling Clark was a whiny little **** though who never wanted to be Superman and basically had to be forced into it

So I can totally get why AI Jor-El would be a dick to him (although I think they hand waved that he was partly corrupted).

Yeah, but you could kind of understand why he hated the Jor-El AI for how it treated/acted around him.

Yeah, but you could kind of understand why he hated the Jor-El AI for how it treated/acted around him.
    Oh for sure, definitely more dickish than the usual Jor-Els.

Yeah didn't they have entire seasons where Jor-El was the source of everyone's misery, I think Clark and others got possessed by him a bunch of times, and didn't it cause Martha to have a miscarriage? Only for to back medel and ignore all that by the time Zod or Darkseid or something showed up in latter seasons, and they'd pretend he'd been the benign Marlon Brando mentor type all along. It was pretty messy.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

Those aren't crystals?looks like it to me.

He didn't want to be superman because he didn't want the powers.There was allusions to superman being sent to conquer earth.Jor el was a jackass who didn't leave choice to him.Jor el was basically shoving Clark to be some sortof savior.Even tried to kill Lois being corrupted (if I remember).He didn't want that.He wanted to be strong on his own merits.He wanted to help people without having to wear costume or hiding for that matter.If I had powers I would have done what I wanted.Not what my dad told me too.actually,power wouldn't be a factor.i do what I think is right.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-08-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Yeah didn't they have entire seasons where Jor-El was the source of everyone's misery, I think Clark and others got possessed by him a bunch of times, and didn't it cause Martha to have a miscarriage? Only for to back medel and ignore all that by the time Zod or Darkseid or something showed up in latter seasons, and they'd pretend he'd been the benign Marlon Brando mentor type all along. It was pretty messy.
    I remember the one time Clark finally called him "father" in one of the later seasons and it just didn't feel as earned, or more like Clark just begrudgingly accepting it.

I remember the one time Clark finally called him "father" in one of the later seasons and it just didn't feel as earned, or more like Clark just begrudgingly accepting it.
    Which made it all the more weird how he was mourning Jor-El's clone who was killed in Season 9. Like this dude wasn't the progenitor of your issues in the early seasons. Also lest we forget Jor-El took possession of a random woman and made her believe she was Kara in an attempt to control Clark more, and supposedly killed her after her usefulness was done. Jor-El was absolutely horrible during those early seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Both of the twins are half-kryptonian, it does not make sense that one would be completely human. Anyway, are they following the Supergirl arc where Lois gave birth on Kandor?
    No both of the twins are "part" Kryptonian, Furthermore they are fraternal twins and not identical twins. I am not going to try to be super scientific here on this but both of twins take after their mother and Jonathan probably getting a recessive trait from his grandparents and Jordan didn't get it and his father traits hence why he has powers. There is a better way of explaining it (I just can't do it) but it does make sense why one is more human than the other one.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-08-2021 at 10:18 PM.

They should both have powers. By themselves, too, not that theory where they have to be near each other.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, not a fan of Smallville's sociopathic Jor-El AI, which was meant to be malfunctioning, but then that entire plotline was dropped, even though it forced Waid to drop that plot from his initial story for Birthright.