Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Don't be too sure about that,they might be just building up to it.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I loved Clark asking Jordan to rate him on how much to nerd it up. That was great and something I don't think I've ever seen before.

It's a shame this show doesn't have more humor, because when they go for funny, it works.

Especially for live action, this show is easily the most fun I've had since "Lois & Clark."

I want to see Lois get more attention still, but this is just fantastic. FINALLY, some mentally mature Super-family content!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I loved Clark asking Jordan to rate him on how much to nerd it up. That was great and something I don't think I've ever seen before.

It's a shame this show doesn't have more humor, because when they go for funny, it works.
    Agreed! It's a kind of dorky Clark that we both haven't seen before but still somehow familiar - and certainly never in a way that puts the viewer in a "fully in on the joke" place. I love it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Incredible Member

I love that this show really doesn't feel like all the other CW superhero shows. My problem with them is that they're all SO similar and formulaic. This one genuinely does feel like a family drama first, and that doesn't have anything to do with the other shows. I love that.

Is Clark going to just be an unemployed or is he an actual farmer now?

Also, I heard that the CW is having extended episodes streaming on their app the next day? How much longer are the episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hated that show. It was overly violent, dark, and depressing. Other than live-action Brainiac and Lobo (to a less degree), I won't miss it. I prefer my Superman shows with Superman. But whatever floats your boat.
    Eh, different strokes for different folks - I loved the hell out of it. And I didn't find it overly dark or violent either, but then people say the same of MoS and I didn't agree with that either.

What a fantastic show this has been so far. I know it's just three episodes, but unless it takes a major nosedive in quality, I'm in love.

Maybe I'm on a post-watching-high, but I think this might be the best Superman in almost a decade. Only thing coming close is the Superman comic run during Rebirth (with which this show is loosely based on).

Speaking of comics, I think this show highlights just how much I hate what Bendis did. Superman needs Clark Kent. Seeing Clark as a dad is great. The scene with Clark carrying the watercooler was so simple, but yet so endearing. It nailed the importance of Clark Kent in like 5 seconds.

Incredible Member

So the writers went back to a Clark Kent who did not play high school sports.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

This show has been fantastic so far. The only criticism I can level towards the show is I feel that Lois so far doesn't feel like the co headliner as much as the most important secondary character. If anything, Jordan so far feels like the co-lead for the last three episodes. Other than that,I'm loving it.

I did notice some of the CGI on the bridge sequence looked a little bit lower tier compared to the effects in the first two episodes, but overall the effects are still stellar and it still feels cinematic.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I am really digging the Clark characterization. He's delightfully dorky (and pretty funny), but without being over the top. As Superman he has had both badass throwdowns and time spent saving people (thought the bridge scene in the last ep was way cool).

I like how Lois is making things happen in the small town paper. Particularly when she talked about how there's big stories everywhere, even in small towns. It's not always about working for a big city organization, it's just a matter of finding the story, which she obviously excels at.

I def think there's going to be some sort of animosity buildup between the brothers. Jon is too perfect (at least at this point) and it's nice to have him being so giving and cognizant of others, but at some point I think its just going to snap and there'll be a major fight. Something is brewing there...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    This show has been fantastic so far. The only criticism I can level towards the show is I feel that Lois so far doesn't feel like the co headliner as much as the most important secondary character. If anything, Jordan so far feels like the co-lead for the last three episodes. Other than that,I'm loving it.

I did notice some of the CGI on the bridge sequence looked a little bit lower tier compared to the effects in the first two episodes, but overall the effects are still stellar and it still feels cinematic.
    I noticed that too. I hope the first episode wasn't a one off in terms of CGI quality.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I feel like the humor comes off pretty naturally on the show, and feels a little more natural compared to other quip-a-minute Superhero shows, which I appreciate.

Clark nerding it up is hilarious.

I seriously hope the only bad guys this season aren't human with Kryptonian powers, I'm getting tired of seeing the Super-family fighting knock-off versions of themselves (although the fight itself was fun, but the premise is starting to bore me). There are plenty of other characters in DC that aren't Kryptonian's that could give Clark trouble. I'm sure Morgan Edge is somehow involved, probably kidnapping people from small towns and experimenting on them with Kryptonian DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I really enjoyed this one. I think each episode has been a little better. I can only hope Jordan is done having hissy fits, as he has been the worst part of the show by far for me. I smiled a few times in episode 3. Good to see Superman winning.
    Maybe now that he has football as an outlet he'll stop throwing tantrums.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I love that this show really doesn't feel like all the other CW superhero shows. My problem with them is that they're all SO similar and formulaic. This one genuinely does feel like a family drama first, and that doesn't have anything to do with the other shows. I love that.

Is Clark going to just be an unemployed or is he an actual farmer now?

Also, I heard that the CW is having extended episodes streaming on their app the next day? How much longer are the episodes?
    Agreed! This feels like a whole other thing, which is perfect.

And yes - every episode so far has been extended (besides the first, which played the extended version on-air). It's not much, only by 4 minutes or so, but with one exception, they've been interesting scenes that do fill more info in.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeJP View Post
    What a fantastic show this has been so far. I know it's just three episodes, but unless it takes a major nosedive in quality, I'm in love.

Maybe I'm on a post-watching-high, but I think this might be the best Superman in almost a decade. Only thing coming close is the Superman comic run during Rebirth (with which this show is loosely based on).

Speaking of comics, I think this show highlights just how much I hate what Bendis did. Superman needs Clark Kent. Seeing Clark as a dad is great. The scene with Clark carrying the watercooler was so simple, but yet so endearing. It nailed the importance of Clark Kent in like 5 seconds.
    Yes to all of this. Haven't loved live-action Superman this much since the 90's.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com