Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Tyler does a good mild-mannered Clark .

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

first clip!
    That is fantastic. I’m not going to be able to watch the premiere until this weekend but that will hold me over. I really hope they have more flashbacks like this. Or even one or two filler episodes worth of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tyler does a good mild-mannered Clark .
    He’s mild mannered and nerdy for sure but I can still tell that Lois will at some point want to make out with him in a storage closet so the best of both worlds, really. A hard balance to strike but he’s got it.

It’s fairly clear in that small moment in the clip that Lois is attracted to him.

Oh snap! I just realized watching that scene again(Its nice, what do you want?) They have era appropriate computer monitors since this scene is supposed to take place 20 years ago in 2001. That's something I would not have even paid attention to if I was watching it once. I like that.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So,is there a duality?what are these guys going for?I am a bit confused how this is gonna go.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-22-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So,is there a duality?what are these guys going for?I am a bit confused how this is gonna go.
    In him being Clark? I'm not sure how much of that mild mannered stuff we'll get with that whole Daily Planet Layoff plot, though it should be interesting to see what version of Clark he shows to the folks in Smallville who knew him growing up, like Lana for example. And still brings me back to what the hell Clark will be doing as a job besides his Superman exploits.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    In him being Clark? I'm not sure how much of that mild mannered stuff we'll get with that whole Daily Planet Layoff plot, though it should be interesting to see what version of Clark he shows to the folks in Smallville who knew him growing up, like Lana for example. And still brings me back to what the hell Clark will be doing as a job besides his Superman exploits.
    If there is no duality.Then it's cool that Lois falls for Clark.Otherwise,one of em has to be real persona.Either it's the glasses persona or superman.Whatever,they decide.Lois should fall for the real deal.Not the fakery.If superman is an act or something the real guy does.Lois won't fall for it.if Clark Kent with glasses or mild mannered guy is the act.Then Lois won't fall for it as well.Moreover,the reasoning for rejection should be well conveyed.

As for his job,well I can tell you goldenage superman would have gone for some blue collar job,write book on the side.There is plenty of work.With Clark Kent glasses persona being real.I don't know.I guess,he would be job hunting for some office job as a secretary or something like that.if there is no duality do what Byrne did.start farming ,I guess.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-22-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If there is no duality.Then it's cool that Lois falls for Clark.Otherwise,one of em has to be real persona.Either it's the glasses persona or superman.Whatever,they decide.Lois should fall for the real deal.Not the fakery.If superman is an act or something the real guy does.Lois won't fall for it.if Clark Kent with glasses or mild mannered guy is the act.Then Lois won't fall for it as well.Moreover,the reasoning for rejection should be well conveyed.

As for his job,well I can tell you goldenage superman would have gone for some blue collar job,write book on the side.There is plenty of work.With Clark Kent glasses persona being real.I don't know.I guess,he would be job hunting for some office job as a secretary or something like that.if there is no duality do what Byrne did.start farming ,I guess.
    I think Tyler brought it up in an interview, but there a few layers to Superman and his personas. There's the Superman hero that all Metropolis knows, and nothing else. There's the Superman where people know he has a life outside of Superman, and is Clark. There's the Clark that people know is Superman, but he's still in his Clark zone of concealing it. There's also the mild mannered persona where that's all anyone will ever think Clark is. There's also the deep one he is with his family, which isn't just Clark or just Superman. It's an interesting thing since at the end of the day, they're all aspects of Clark and his character, just played to the extreme. Which one Lois deeply connects to will be interesting to see. It depends on how much of that deep one that was mentioned, he shows Lois, and when he reveals who he is to her.
    Last edited by GSman; 02-22-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    He’s mild mannered and nerdy for sure but I can still tell that Lois will at some point want to make out with him in a storage closet so the best of both worlds, really. A hard balance to strike but he’s got it.

It’s fairly clear in that small moment in the clip that Lois is attracted to him.
    Well, I won't deny he's good looking .

Posting that specific bit from the Den of Geek interview https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/superma...ew-dc-tv-show/
    Bringing the family back to Smallville means that Hoechlin has an opportunity to explore more facets of the character. There’s a long-running debate among Superman fans and creators about which of Superman’s identities is the “real” persona. Is he really Clark Kent, and Superman is a put-on for the world? Or does Superman represent his true nature, and it’s Clark Kent who’s an act? To hear Hoechlin tell it, it’s far more complicated than that.

“There is Superman at the most extreme, when no one knows him as anything other than [a hero],” Hoechlin says of his approach to the character. “There’s Superman when he’s around people who are aware that he’s more than just Superman. There’s the Clark that everyone knows is Superman, but he’s still kind of ‘playing Clark.’ There’s also the extreme Clark where you would only ever think that he’s the clumsy guy in the office and that’s all he is.”
    But the truth of the character lies somewhere else entirely for the actor, and it’s the one that lends itself well to a story of Clark living a family-oriented life when he’s not flying around saving the world.
    “And then there’s this guy in the center,” Hoechlin says. “I don’t really think that there’s a right answer in saying that ‘he is Superman’ or ‘he is Clark.’”
    So if this actually is used in the show it will be the first time we’ve gotten the “modern”/Busiek take on Superman rather than the Pre-Crisis “Superman disguised as Clark Kent” or Post-Crisis “Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Posting that specific bit from the Den of Geek interview https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/superma...ew-dc-tv-show/

So if this actually is used in the show it will be the first time we’ve gotten the “modern”/Busiek take on Superman rather than the Pre-Crisis “Superman disguised as Clark Kent” or Post-Crisis “Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am”.
    I wonder if we could throw in there "Clark as Kal-El" whenever he's interacting with someone from Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we could throw in there "Clark as Kal-El" whenever he's interacting with someone from Krypton.
    I'd say that falls under more of Superman-ish territory. Since Clark has always embraced his Kryptonian heritage as Superman anyway, and is known to the world as Kal-El when he's Superman. So I think that same logic can apply to Kryptonians.

I had planned on waiting for the premiere to be put up on VOD but after that clip, I'll be dusting off the ol' cable box and catching it when it airs. I think the last time I watched live TV was when Parks and Rec aired its series finale 6 years ago. Just shows how pumped I am for this now.

I was all for a CW Superman show from the very beginning. Even if it meant having low production values and sub-par stories. I just wanted Superman on my TV.

But from what I've seen so far, this show is going to surpass my expectations and I'm beyond hyped. Hopefully the show doesn't fall off a cliff in terms of quality after the pilot episode.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

How is everyone celebrating Superman and Lois day?
    Assassinate Putin!