Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s the obvious answer for why he’s going to these towns. Question is: what does he want an army for?

Ah I haven’t been watching the other Arrowverse shows. Kinda disappointed, I liked Superlad’s theory about where this is all going lol.
    I mean, who wouldn't want an army of people with Superman's powers at their beck and call ?

Although I wonder if it gives you all the Kryptonian powers or just a random selection of them. Like the dude Superman fought only used super-strength, Tag had super-speed, while the woman has strength and Heat Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, who wouldn't want an army of people with Superman's powers at their beck and call ?

Although I wonder if it gives you all the Kryptonian powers or just a random selection of them. Like the dude Superman fought only used super-strength, Tag had super-speed, while the woman has strength and Heat Vision.
    For humans it looks like it’s random. But for a hybrid like Jon, maybe it could give him the full powerset. I bet that’s how Jon gets his powers, and I’m sure they’ll play it as a drug addiction metaphor, which could be terrible if handled improperly or fantastic if handled well.

Also calling it now: End of the season has Sam confiscate the X-Kryptonite and lie to Clark about destroying it. Meanwhile he actually just stockpiles it for use with Project 7734.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For humans it looks like it’s random. But for a hybrid like Jon, maybe it could give him the full powerset. I bet that’s how Jon gets his powers, and I’m sure they’ll play it as a drug addiction metaphor, which could be terrible if handled improperly or fantastic if handled well.

Also calling it now: End of the season has Sam confiscate the X-Kryptonite and lie to Clark about destroying it. Meanwhile he actually just stockpiles it for use with Project 7734.
    I wonder if they'd do it like Superboy in YJ where he had those S-patches that gave him the full Superman powerset.

BANNED

New promo images from the next episode “Best of Smallville” dropped. Maybe someone more skilled than me can upload them if that’s allowed. Some great shots of the Smallville Harvest Festival and Captain Luthor.

Also a beautiful shot of Lois and Clark looking really, really into each other. I guess Lois got her “massage” when Clark got back if you know what I mean. LOL

https://tvline.com/gallery/superman-...ason-1-photos/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'd do it like Superboy in YJ where he had those S-patches that gave him the full Superman powerset.
    That was something I remembered as I thought about the potential storytelling avenues they could go.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Or Sam sees the potential for disaster that comes with x-kryptonite. He asks Clark to either destroy it or take it to the Fortress. For safekeeping. Remember that Sam Lane is not an evil villain. Sam seems to bite his tongue a lot when Lois & Clark talk at him. Then there is when Lois accuses Sam of not caring about her family. I can imagine her making that accusation once too often. I imagine Sam respomding like this "that is enough. Your family is also my family, & i love all of you". Then she will say well you don't care about Clark. To which he will say he is like a son to me, as well as one of the best friends i ever had.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Or Sam sees the potential for disaster that comes with x-kryptonite. He asks Clark to either destroy it or take it to the Fortress. For safekeeping. Remember that Sam Lane is not an evil villain. Sam seems to bite his tongue a lot when Lois & Clark talk at him. Then there is when Lois accuses Sam of not caring about her family. I can imagine her making that accusation once too often. I imagine Sam respomding like this "that is enough. Your family is also my family, & i love all of you". Then she will say well you don't care about Clark. To which he will say he is like a son to me, as well as one of the best friends i ever had.
    I don’t want to dash your hopes but the way things are going, I think Sam is going to end up as an antagonist if not necessarily a villain.

Anyone else just not really feeling this show? I love the Superman being presented here, and Lois is her standard golden awsomeness - but I don't care for the setup with the sons and Smallville.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Riight,Yeah! if they pull a drug addiction angle with jon i would be out.The kid that was more fairminded becoming that is nonsensical.I would prefer jon stay a flat arc character than negative arc character.whom else am i supposed to root for?Clark?Jordan?yeah! they don't interest me the least.What is with people dragging down the kid.Just making him a hugo danner figure, would probably create conflicts between him ,his dad and his brother.No, need to drag down the gladiator and the champion. Use the x-kryptonite as a way to bring to surface what was already there.Use military as his training ground.Then have him go back metropolis as working class dude.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Anyone else just not really feeling this show? I love the Superman being presented here, and Lois is her standard golden awsomeness - but I don't care for the setup with the sons and Smallville.
    I would have preferred a more classic setup, but given that Supergirl is already doing that and they're covering new ground by exploring what's happening in Middle America, I don't mind it too much.

I think once Supergirl wraps up, we'll see Lois & Clark move the family back to Metropolis in future seasons.

I don't General Lane project 7734 is against Superman, but is to make the goverment their own super soldiers. Jon will probably go leave with Sam, or at least want to, since he is no doing well in Smallville, he may end up becoming the Army main project given his dna.

I just hope they don't make him the villain to Jordan's hero, that would be crap.

I don’t want to dash your hopes but the way things are going, I think Sam is going to end up as an antagonist if not necessarily a villain.

If project 7734 is about creating supersoldiers, remember that is only a contingency plan. In case they can no longer rely on Superman. Also if Morgan Edge's x-kryptonite powered supersoldiers work out as badly as i think they will, Sam will end up being against the project. Or are you refering to the fact that Sam argues with his daughter & son-in-law? Or that the three of them have gotten really angry with each other? These things happen in loving families.

one thing i like is that Captain Luthor is not being called Captain Luther. I did not like the 30 minute special that accompnaied the pilot episode. The cast of (& the other people behind) this new series, kept talking as though Superman was created for the Donner/Reeve Superman movie. Also, i am tired of this tendency to always ground Superman as a character. In Superman & Lois, Sam admitted that the government is scared by Clark's power. That fear makes a lot more sense if Superman basically is more powerful than most gods. Sure they trust Superman to not be a threat. But all kryptonians have the same power at the same level as Superman. So it makes sense that the government would want to have some kind of defense agaist evil kryptonians.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I don't General Lane project 7734 is against Superman, but is to make the goverment their own super soldiers. Jon will probably go leave with Sam, or at least want to, since he is no doing well in Smallville, he may end up becoming the Army main project given his dna.

I just hope they don't make him the villain to Jordan's hero, that would be crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    If project 7734 is about creating supersoldiers, remember that is only a contingency plan. In case they can no longer rely on Superman. Also if Morgan Edge's x-kryptonite powered supersoldiers work out as badly as i think they will, Sam will end up being against the project. Or are you refering to the fact that Sam argues with his daughter & son-in-law? Or that the three of them have gotten really angry with each other? These things happen in loving families.

7734 is explicitly the government’s anti-alien (and in particular anti-Superman) task force. Sam isn’t a villain yet, and he may never be, but they are clearly setting him down the road towards being an antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's growing on me a lot, personally .