Page 6 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Those are some quality clips! This show looks better than I thought. Really does have a movie quality feel to it.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm really happy he's not wearing trunks. IMO, it doesn't quite work anymore in live action.

Now that there's a commercial break: FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT!
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

I’m glad they’re dealing with the real life downsizing of newspapers.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm really happy he's not wearing trunks. IMO, it doesn't quite work anymore in live action.

LMAO you spoke too soon!
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-23-2021 at 06:36 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Now that it's over, what is the verdict?
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Holy crap that was good.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Now that there's a commercial break: FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT!
    I about fell out of my chair!
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Incredible premiere! I wasn't sold on the idea of Clark and Lois having 2 kids, but they really managed to make it both compelling and something I can't picture show without now. The cinemotography was gorgeous, which was to be expected going by the preview as well. It's such a nice change of pace having Clak and Sam Lane working along aside each other, instead of being at eachother's necks.

Spoilers: spoilers:
    I really like that even though Jon is a jock and pretty sociable, he's still such a good brother to Jordan and that he didn't show any sign of resentment when he didn't have any powers manisfest. Though I imagine he will eventually get jealous since this is a tv show, but hopefully it won't last too long. As for the villain, I'm not too invested yet but I am curious where they are going with him.
    end of spoilers

Overall, this was a very well done pilot that has me excited for the rest of the season!

I love the fact that they tried to incorporate EVERYTHING! It's Smallville, it's MOS, it's L&C, it's even elements of TAS. I notice even the screen door looks like the one from the cartoon. And it's like nothing else seen before. I thought this would be Smallville but he's all grown up. I don't think it's going to be that simple. I even got a vibe of the old Superboy TV show.
    Assassinate Putin!

I liked it! Probably will write up my thoughts in more depth tomorrow after I’ve had some time to think, but my gut emotional reaction is relief. They seem to have a solid handle on Superman & Lois, I’m intrigued to see where they go with Lex, and the show *looks* great. The big iffy part is, as expected, the kids. We’ll see how they handle them going forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked it! Probably will write up my thoughts in more depth tomorrow after I’ve had some time to think, but my gut emotional reaction is relief. They seem to have a solid handle on Superman & Lois, I’m intrigued to see where they go with Lex, and the show *looks* great. The big iffy part is, as expected, the kids. We’ll see how they handle them going forward.
    What did you not like about the kids? I surprisingly enjoyed their plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It’s not so much as how they are now, as being afraid of where they could go. So far I don’t have any major complaints, but kids in drama shows can easily end up unlikeable and insufferable. I’m just hoping that won’t be the case here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    My only thing is that they’re only suppose to be High School Freshman at the very beginning of September. Lana’s daughter too.

I found that hilarious.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 02-23-2021 at 08:04 PM.

As a guy who doesn’t consider For All Seasons to be a top 10 Superman story, I gotta admit this made me grin from ear to ear. Hoechlin sells the hell out of it and makes it feel earnest instead of corny.