Page 62 of 127 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

According to the latest release ratings, the 6th episode was watched by 724K viewers. The series dropped 42% in viewership from the last episode.

Source: https://tvline.com/2021/05/19/tv-rat...ale-cancelled/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I have a feeling that Sarah is going to figure out that Clark is Superman through Jordan and Lana will find out through Sarah. And neither one will take it well.
    Assassinate Putin!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Jordan's an emotional and kind of bratty kid, but I get why. He's had emotional anxiety his whole life, has been picked on constantly, and suddenly has powers that are turning his life around. Is it any wonder he would be so willing to give in to self-satisfaction and his base emotions? He didn't have the benefit Clark did of growing up with them from the start and building up a level of restraint and control that Clark still has to keep on top of even after years and years of being Superman.
    Yeah, this and an episode before were where I started to really feel for Jordan beyond just intellectually knowing I should feel for him and his situation. For once there wasn't a moment where I rolled my eyes at something he did. The heat vision scene in particular got me.

How long is this show going to punish Jon for being the best brother? He finally gets his chance to be a quarterback but his attempt to stop Jordan lands him in a cast and could have quite possibly killed his football chances. It's like nothing is going right for him on this show...which is probably intentional to build him up, but still.
    It's getting to be kind of comical how the creators just refuse to give this kid a win for even a second.

I'm starting to get a real Steve Rogers vibe from Jon. From how he sticks to a good moral center to how he'll risk life and limb for his brother no matter the odd. Jon catching Jordan's super powered punch gives me the same vibes as when Steve stops Bucky's helicopter from taking off or him fighting Thanos. Both don't really seem to think about if they can do it or not, but they just do it because they're the ones there and it's the right thing to do.

Would be a fun little parallel if Jon gets powers via artificial enhancement. I mean, enough people have called the MCU Cap the best modern movie take on Superman's personality that I have to imagine someone at WB/DC took note?

There's just too much going on for Clark to properly deal with. Tag and the DoD, his wife's investigation getting her almost killed (but that's the usual), his kids' problems...
    There's a real sense of tension and drama that doesn't feel forced or distinctly "TV". And I genuinely appreciate the fact that they've effectively made being Superman Clark's "always on-call" legit job complete with a coworker/boss he's not agreeing with. It sections things off neatly, but in a way that feels more organic than how Arrow, Flash, or Black Lightning do it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Both don't really seem to think about if they can do it or not, but they just do it because they're the ones there and it's the right thing to do.
    Ya see,it ain't hard to write superman.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to the latest release ratings, the 6th episode was watched by 724K viewers. The series dropped 42% in viewership from the last episode.

No shocker there, we went over a month between episodes. They still renewed for a second season, I still like the show, and hopefully people will still be watching the show on the CW app or will binge it when it comes to HBO Max.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

The whole deal with the DOD treating Tag like a criminal and then Jon getting his hand broken by Jordan wasn't addressed at all. The first just had Superman telling Tag to trust him as he handed him over to the exact same people that just tried to kill him, and then the later was all focused on Jordan while ignoring Jon (it's Jordan the one who's comforted at the end, not Jon).

Other than that, great episode as usual. Once again, division seems to be "Lois gets the plot, Clark gets to interact with the kids", but at least this time around Lois had a meaningful conversation with Jordan in the end (even if I had my issues with it, stated above).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    The whole deal with the DOD treating Tag like a criminal and then Jon getting his hand broken by Jordan wasn't addressed at all. The first just had Superman telling Tag to trust him as he handed him over to the exact same people that just tried to kill him, and then the later was all focused on Jordan while ignoring Jon (it's Jordan the one who's comforted at the end, not Jon).

Other than that, great episode as usual. Once again, division seems to be "Lois gets the plot, Clark gets to interact with the kids", but at least this time around Lois had a meaningful conversation with Jordan in the end (even if I had my issues with it, stated above).
    Well, I think one fallout was definitely Clark trusting Sam less.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Very good points. I mean, the assumption is that Clark will now take a more active role of some sort in making sure Tag is cared for, but the optics just seem strange without a bit more on it.

And I've grown numb to how the show splits its time between the boys. Like, sure we get the not-set-up-at-all (be you can assume it easy enough) idea that the boys playing against Metropolis means a lot to Jordan...but what about Jon? Had we not randomly gotten that they used to bully him, we'd have the clear set up that this would've been Jon facing his past and the life he left behind. They were literally his old friends and teammates, and all that amounts to is Cutter going "guess not anymore". That's so dumb.

And of course when Jon gets his hand broken protecting his brother, Cutter, and the family secret and has his whole life in football put in very real danger...we're treated to a scene of Sarah and Jordan and then Jordan talking about it with Lois, but no Jon.

Hell! Tag IS JON'S FRIEND. Jon was the one worried about him in the other episode, but we get no follow up on that from his perspective.

But like I said, I'm numb to it, and have more or less found myself beaten into such submission that I'm literally counting it as a win that the creator assures us that Jon's not going to go bad. But I appreciate you reawaking my fire lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I fully admit that I have no facts backing this theory, but I genuinely believe that this show was 100% supposed to be a one kid show. As in it was supposed to be just Jon, but in the sense that it was to be Jordan's whole story and character arc but he'd have been Jon.

I don't for one moment believe that the real reason there are two boys is because one of the showrunners has two sons.

I think they pitched what would eventually become Jordan's character as Jon, and DC flatly said "we're not going to allow that material for Jon Kent because in about a year he'll be marketed as Superman elsewhere. You're going to have to just make someone up." But they were still required to use Jon, thus two sons.

This is why Jon is a saint and, as stated by the showrunner in no uncertain terms, "doesn't have it in him to go bad". I found it so strange that the showrunner of a drama would be so upfront about a character with their whole life ahead of them like that. But it makes sense if you start to think of it as the showrunner having written off all the avenues for lasting drama with the character because he knows he's simply not allowed. It's the same thing that allows a showrunner or writer to say that Superman or Batman will never give up or go bad. There's no chance of that because that's not the story DC/WB is allowing you to write with their IPs.

So even when Jon gets his powers and even has his dad say that he'll be the next Superman someday, that'll still be in the background (unless the higher ups at WB force them to make it more of the focus) of what will be Jordan creating his own identity.

Basically, I think they're not all that interested in writing Jon or his POV because the higher ups tied their hands.

I'm not invested in Jon but I could see where you're coming from. It feels like the dick move DC would do.

I give it a 50/50 shot of it being true.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Move it to HBO Max

-Only hole in my “Zod/Xa-Du is possessing Edge” theory so far is that I don’t think either of those two would be trying so hard to score with Lana lol
    -I continue to really enjoy the stuff going down with Lana’s family. They bicker and fight but also love each other and support each other in a way that feels very real
    -Clark catching Jordan’s heat vision with his hands was Superman as hell (don’t know if it was intended as a dig at MoS but I’ve seen some people take it that way)
    -So Jordan saying he’s not Clark while Jon showing more and more that he is makes me wonder where they’re going with Jordan. I don’t think he has it in him to be the next Superman and I do think Jon will get powers at some point and be trained to take over. What’s Jordan going to become then, since I don’t think he’ll go bad? Also Jesus will Jon’s suffering ever end lmao, all this kid does is try to do the right thing and get punished for it!
    -Lois isn’t buying Luthor’s cover story glad to see she wants to dig deeper; Maybe Luthor telling her the truth is how we get his backstory later on?
    -Man Clark went off on those soldiers after being shot. May be overused as all hell but that they waited so long to do it definitely gave it more impact when he broke out the red eyes. Also can I just say how nice it is to see Clark constantly pushing through the Kryptonite? It’s a nice change of pace from when just one of those Kryptonite bullets being in the same room as him would have him rolling in pain on the floor
    -That speech to Jordan was goddamn perfect. PERFECT Superman summary of how he operates. I also loved the contrast between how Clark handled getting shot and Jordan handled getting taunted.
    -Ok Sarah definitely knows or at least suspects something is up
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Move it to HBO Max
    Show goes there at the end of each season. Might end up moving over there entirely depending on how the merge with Discovery shakes out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I do think Jordan's arc was meant to be Jon's had he remained the only child but someone chickened out and they didn't want that for Jon if they were set on fast tracking him becoming Superman in the comics and unfortunately for show Jon, it's unintentionally pushed him into the background. Even when he gets his abilities, Jordan's bulk already chowed most of the drama from that development and I don't see the showrunners mirroring the current comics of sidelining Clark for his offspring in all the super heroics.

Jordan's definitely not designed to take over from Clark and I'm very much okay with it. Jon inherited all the best qualities of Clark and it makes sense for him to become Superboy (if that's gonna be a thing on this show). I'm happy for Jordan to find his path in other things. He's just as much Clark's son who inherited everything else from his dad and I want him to have something that will be his own, where he can thrive as well as the better emotionally adjusted members of his family.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 05-19-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm not invested in Jon but I could see where you're coming from. It feels like the dick move DC would do.

I give it a 50/50 shot of it being true.

me neither
    I watch a tv show and don't expect it be just like the comics
    so I don't care if Clark and Lois have two children

I am enjoying the show
    I don't really expect much
    I just go with the flow

That attitude has kept me from disappointed like with Titans tv show
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Arrow Re:

My friend reviews the latest episode of Superman & Lois -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."