Page 69 of 127 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Yeah, Jon in Dead Planet is not much different than Clark, but I’m giving DCeased a pass since it’s an ensemble cast and there isn’t as much space for individual character development. Jon’s solo series should give Taylor a lot more unique elements (and trauma) to work with. And he also did say this:

Time will tell of course, but I’m hoping that Taylor can write Jon with a fresh perspective and unique voice.

Now I’m imagining Injustice Superman holding Jon in front of a train...
    Much as it pains me to say it, if Taylor actually delivers on that he’ll be the best Jon writer by default. Every other writer, including him as of right now, has portrayed Jon as Clark Jr; with little to no obvious Lois in him. Guess we’ll see if he delivers. Oddly enough CW Jon is actually pretty close to how I think Lois should manifest in how Jon acts: he’s snarky as all hell which I see as a Lois trait. It’s mostly just with Jordan, but Jon is a bit of a **** talker which I love, and would like to see comic Jon pick that up to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't particularly see any difference between clark and lois.So?I don't care..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Much as it pains me to say it, if Taylor actually delivers on that he’ll be the best Jon writer by default. Every other writer, including him as of right now, has portrayed Jon as Clark Jr; with little to no obvious Lois in him. Guess we’ll see if he delivers. Oddly enough CW Jon is actually pretty close to how I think Lois should manifest in how Jon acts: he’s snarky as all hell which I see as a Lois trait. It’s mostly just with Jordan, but Jon is a bit of a **** talker which I love, and would like to see comic Jon pick that up to.
    I will never complain to Jon showing more of his mother's traits, something that should have been stamped o his character right from the start!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Agreed (on all points), by default Superman & Lois Jon is my favorite version of Jon yet for the reasons you've outlined. Admittedly, it's a low bar considering Prime Jon is, well, such an obvious Clark/Superman Mini-Me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I will never complain to Jon showing more of his mother's traits, something that should have been stamped o his character right from the start!
    Same here, this is my main complaint with Prime Jon; not only does he look exactly like Clark/Superman (especially the Superman version) but younger, he also acts just like him (for the most part). Where is the Lois influence both biological and psychological?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think in this case it's more to do with the fact that this is Jon's first ever active role in outside media, so they feel they need to walk on eggshells with how he's presented especially now.

That's why I genuinely think the showrunners came to DC/WB with the pitch for Jon with Jordan's character/arc and they said "no. Make an OC for that, but we still need a Jon Kent on top of that" thus the two boys were born.
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually kinda ok with this (if it's true). Used to be, tv and movie studios would say "comics? Nah, we're just going to do what we want because this isn't just some kiddie book" - especially if it's a newer character. Steel would be a great example... so I find this to be a nice change of pace, if nothing else.

Just saw last week's show and... I'm pretty sure this is my favorite Superman show ever, at this point. It might not even be close. Even if the suit's colors being washed out doesn't work for me, it's still not enough to lessen my enjoyment of the show.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually kinda ok with this (if it's true). Used to be, tv and movie studios would say "comics? Nah, we're just going to do what we want because this isn't just some kiddie book" - especially if it's a newer character. Steel would be a great example... so I find this to be a nice change of pace, if nothing else.
    Oh, make no mistake, conceptually I love this. It's saying that they take this new IP and its reputation so seriously that they're not going to let anyone, no matter the format, do whatever they feel with it. Conceptually that's nice to hear.

But in in practice-- in this particular case-- it means the showrunners just created a new character for the show they can do whatever they want with, and basically shuffling Jon off to a strictly supporting role because they want to handle him with kid gloves. In a drama that's not the best set up.

But I've vented, and a new episode will soon be here. I figure eventually they'll have to do something with him because either they've been building it up, or because WB/DC has already mandated a specific trajectory they'll have to follow for him eventually. Either way something is likely to come of it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    ...Just saw last week's show and... I'm pretty sure this is my favorite Superman show ever, at this point. It might not even be close. Even if the suit's colors being washed out doesn't work for me, it's still not enough to lessen my enjoyment of the show.
    It's quickly becoming my favorite Superman series (live-action if not animated) too. If they keep up their excellent work for the rest of this season and then season two it'll be a no-contest for me.

Edit - The only thing that comes close is my current favorite Smallville, IMO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-24-2021 at 02:24 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's quickly becoming my favorite Superman series (live-action if not animated) too. If they keep up their excellent work for the rest of this season and then season two it'll be a no-contest for me.

Hmmm.I honestly thought you were indifferent to the show like myself.I used to like stuff like smallville.It's just not for me anymore.There is no "wow!" factor for me.The show is just there.Jon hasn't done anything significant.I outgrew this kinda mainstream superman and what he represents/says.So, i am sortoff stuck.I would have loved it.If they actually had the max fleischer superman and expanded on that.Give those stories some depth...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

In some ways it feels like the successor to Smallville.

A homecoming if you will. .

I'm hoping S and L learns from Smallville's mistakes.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-25-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Cool

You guys know how I feel about Tyler as Superman, but despite not loving his look for the role, the show is still enjoyable and well written so far. I like how mature it is right now.

The Kent/Lane family are relatable but flawed like any other family, but really trying to be the best they can be. I'm happy with how both Supes and Lois are written, and their teens are well teens but I like them. Even Lana is turnign out fine. All that Lois/lana/Clark angst we worried so much about is not an issue at all. I'm still not sure about Lana's husband, he seems a bit shady.

It seems we are getting some good Superman content right now. Happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh, make no mistake, conceptually I love this. It's saying that they take this new IP and its reputation so seriously that they're not going to let anyone, no matter the format, do whatever they feel with it. Conceptually that's nice to hear.

But in in practice-- in this particular case-- it means the showrunners just created a new character for the show they can do whatever they want with, and basically shuffling Jon off to a strictly supporting role because they want to handle him with kid gloves. In a drama that's not the best set up.

But I've vented, and a new episode will soon be here. I figure eventually they'll have to do something with him because either they've been building it up, or because WB/DC has already mandated a specific trajectory they'll have to follow for him eventually. Either way something is likely to come of it.
    I can see that. I'm also ok with Jon's arc being a slow burn, though - and since Jon is an existing character, letting people get to know Jordan before giving Jon meatier stuff is something I don't mind. But I absolutely understand your point.

Yep. It's seriously a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    You guys know how I feel about Tyler as Superman, but despite not loving his look for the role, the show is still enjoyable and well written so far. I like how mature it is right now.
    This. I've been wanting a real sense of maturity (particularly emotional maturity) in Superman representation for a LOOOOONG time now. Every time before since the 2000's, maturity has just been "adult life and 'realism' through the eyes of a 12 year old". Now, finally, we're getting a mature Superman. And even more amazingly, a *capable* Superman - not constantly keeping him in his early phases because the writers don't know how to handle his powers. It's truly a joy to behold.. like a masterclass in what most other Superman writers keep missing - and the company as a whole, too.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    In some ways it feels like the successor to Smallville.

A homecoming if you will. .

I'm hoping S and L learns from Smallville's mistakes.
    I feel the same way.

Astonishing Member

They finally revelead Captain Luthor's first name. It's Alex (obviously).

Incredible Member

I was hoping he'd actually be Metallo (c'mon, this could have been the break he needed!), but Alexander Luthor is fine too, I guess. Wonder how they'll handle him now, if he's classic Alex Luthor then he has to be more of a hero than not, but we've seen him threaten the life of an entire city and leaving it on the hands of someone he believes is evil.