Page 90 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No,it falls into "my skills aren't legit" category and copout for me..Unless,jon himself makes the thing that gives him power like an ironman or even passes a test like cap.He gets a free getaway ticket without anything to show he earned it.

So him fighting like crazy and being close to death, being a hero, and being put or crawling his near death ass into the chamber wouldnt make him worthy? Thsts crazy man. I'll take him anyway, he is a real hero, no matter what powersor non powers he has.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Looks like the finale will take place in Metropolis! Would be cool if the Special Crimes Unit showed up but I’m not holding my breath for that lol. The final Steel suit is just a gray version of the “Captain Luthor” outfit it looks like, although Steel will be wielding his hammer in the final battle from other pics I’ve seen.
    A little clunky, and could use a better helmet, but it's something .
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Now that he's standing still, those are some weird looking boots. I'm not surprised he's teaming up with Steel. Did we ever establish where Metropolis is in this universe?
    Take from this what you will:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So him fighting like crazy and being close to death, being a hero, and being put or crawling his near death ass into the chamber wouldnt make him worthy? Thsts crazy man. I'll take him anyway, he is a real hero, no matter what powersor non powers he has.
    And Where has that happened?Nowhere.At best ,he tried to defuse a punch from jordan.And getting unearned powers,having a punching contest with gods and monsters where at the end of the day you don't suffer any real consequences because "kryptonian magic" does not constitute a champion.Only a guy who helped because he has nothing at stake himself.Do you call that a hero?the guy might be a hero because he saves people.But,he isn't worth much for me.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    And Where has that happened?Nowhere.At best ,he tried to defuse a punch from jordan.And getting unearned powers,having a punching contest with gods and monsters where at the end of the day you don't suffer any real consequences because "kryptonian magic" does not constitute a champion.Only a guy who helped because he has nothing at stake himself.Do you call that a hero?the guy might be a hero because he saves people.But,he isn't worth much for me.

Wow everyone is a hater jeez.
    I was talking about on a future episode, and possible scenario, I thought you would get that.

And Jordan has "kryptonian magic" so is he worth it?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Me while watching this episode: "STOP! STOP! I CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT!"
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    And Jordan has "kryptonian magic" so is he worth it?
    Tell you what he gets powers,he fights someone and actually suffers some real consequences(His hand is already broken so anything can and should happen).Then i would say he put himself on the line and earned the ability he got..

nope! he isn't worth squat...he is just there.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Me while watching this episode: "STOP! STOP! I CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT!"
    The J-man

oh man, there is a lot to unpack for this one. This show is just firing on all cylanders! Spoilers:
    -I knew we were going to see classic Superman stuff here but holy crap! I know it wasn't technically real but the origin stuff here was so cool! We even got a telephone booth scene!
    - Jimmy got a name drop but it would have been neat if they used the 20 year gap to cast a younger maybe less ripped actor for him.
    - Lois is also a tv reporter? aw, Clark's face when he finds out how she feels.
    - I knew there was something uneasy but I was expecting the twist to be that this was evil alt Clark origin, but oh crap "Uncle Morgan" indeed.
    - About him losing and submitting to Edge, Clark solar flared so he barely has any powers. Hopefully they get a proper fight soon.
    -about that, so if Clark can solar flare and lose his powers, does that explain how they made their boys? apparently they weren't even trying, so who knows?
    -I know this is a tough topic for Superman fans, but I think there is a more than good chance Clark is going to kill his brother before the end of this. I mean Edge is giving him almost every reason in the book here. Plus there were some nods to MOS here.
    -no wonder Lara left this gross old dick for Jor-El.
    - So we know why alternate Clark went bad, I'm guessing he also got blackmailed/manipulated into being eradicated too and wasn't actually evil. Here comes Steel to the rescue. Hopefully he finds out alternate Edge was the one really responsible for the death of his Lois.

I am glad that clark has learned all the world's languages(the scene i loved).I loved that they rewrote history with that car scene(worst scene and i am joking). I would appreciate these guys don't do homages to the goldenage and ac#1.It was especially bad to see them using max fleischer costume in that scene.It's hard to appreciate the character being turned into something else.Even the very core of that superman was changed.Using iconography of clearly for something else was bit of a low blow for me.I didn't appreciate it at all.Why use it?why not just use classic stuff(whatever that is.Use donner stuff)?Anyways,i liked the villain with flamethrower and stuff.Even that felt like mere parody in some sense.I can appreciate a good parody but,i couldn't this time because there is so little content avaliable of the guy who leaps tall buildings.

Everything just sucked as whole about this episode on top not having jon.atleast,that would have been something i could appreciate.

I think hayao miyazaki does a better homage to max fleischer superman.There was no innocence,only cornyness.that too,felt fake.Everything about this felt hollow...There was no genuine love for That superman in this homage.

On the flipside,i loved that they used the headbands from silverage krypton..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-22-2021 at 10:12 PM.

-The Fortress erupting from the ground was sick, that whole shot was pretty damn good CGI for a TV show
    -Clark melting his way out of the ice with his heat vision was dope as hell!
    -God I’ve complained a lot about how omnipresent origin stories are for Superman, but I really liked this one, really felt almost like a slightly elongated version of the famous All-Star one pager. God that “first flight” really was similar to Man of Steel and that’s great because that scene is still one of the few unequivocally great Superman moments that Snyder gave us
    -Answering the question of “why be Superman?” is actually a great reason for Clark to do some “walking the Earth”
    -I love how common that plaid jacket is among Supermen incarnations guessing it’s meant as a Reeve reference and that’s cool
    -C’mon Clark you can’t have expected Lana to just sit at home waiting for you. Guess he needed a reality check
    -Gets the suit his mom made for him!
    -Completely out of his depth small town boy trying to make his way around the big city is always great. I love how he’s kinda baffled that people don’t just stop and give him directions because he’s not used to the rudeness of Metropolis
    -Hell yeah we get the shirt rip! And the pilot scene reappears here, cool to see that lifting that green car was Hoechlin Superman’s first act in a way as well (different context here though). YEAAAH PHONE BOOTH CHANGE (it’s total fanservice but I don’t care I deserve some fanservice damnit!)
    -“This isn’t a resume, it’s a cry for help” lmao God I want more of this Perry
    -The dorkiness of Hoechlin’s “public Clark” is endearing and adorable, I’m glad this episode gives him more opportunities to show it off
    -Lois being irritated that Superman inadvertently makes it harder to focus on the systemic problems that plague Metropolis is actually an interesting point, kind of reminds me what Ridley was driving at in his “Other History” mini. Wonder if that “miracle man” name drop was deliberate or not? It’s cool that this is what gets Lois & Clark to team up together for the first time, some actual reporting! Kinda disappointed they didn’t get a new “Jimmy” as part of their team, really felt his absence when Clark was the one taking photos
    -Lmao Clark “Seinfeld reruns and frozen chicken nuggets”, how did you ever get a date?
    -Atom Man! God it makes me happy to see that Gene Yang is having an impact on Superman media, there’s no way he’d be there if not for Superman Smashes the Klan. This show has really leaned hard on using arctic breath, it’s so cool to see it used so often. That gernade catch was sick and seeing Atom Man get tazed was hilarious
    -That flickering... oh boy something is up.
    -Oh ok so Lois as a TV reporter like the Bronze Age did happen here.
    -Hah I like that Clark points out that just because he speaks English doesn’t mean he landed in the USA (and he speaks Cantonese!). Loved that he specifically says it was born out of his curiosity about the world at large. Also laughing that Lois isn’t fooled that he’s giving her the run around when she tries to get some concrete info out of him about his origins/motives
    -Awwww Lois loved Clark first
    -BAHAHAHAHA that smirk he gave Lois and Janet when Janet asked if he had super-hearing
    -Lois being nervous about meeting Martha is adorable
    -Loved that elevator scene, there’s the Lois & Clark romance I know lol
    -OH **** that scared the hell out of me when Jor-El suddenly started shouting wasn’t expecting that
    -Uh stuff is getting weird now, is someone going through Clark’s memories? All the flickering is actually doing a great job of building up some tension. Oh **** Edge is in his head! Edge knows his secret! I guess Edge followed him back to his Fortress, and post-solar flare Clark just doesn’t have the power to take him down
    -Damn there goes the Jor-El AI. Clark is totally on his own, none of his parents, human or Kryptonian can help him now
    -Kyle admits he was a blockhead (and Lois biting her tongue when she clearly wanted to agree was a nice moment)
    -Jon definitely felt some brotherly pride that Sarah wanted to talk alone with Jordan. And Jordan got his first kiss!
    -Uncle Morgan is in the house! He is totally going to either die or get banished to the PZ now, once you learn the secret that’s the only end for you lol
    -Ahhh so that shot of the canyon was indeed where Edge’s Fortress is. Gotta admit that makes sense given the solar nature of their powers. Damn Jordan standing up to Edge was a nice moment! Damn Clark gave in? Ehhh I don’t know how I feel about that. I hope there’s some kind of contingency plan in place because otherwise it’s a pretty damning indictment of why Clark shouldn’t have a family if he lets himself be compromised this way (I assume his family will help save him in some way in the end)
    -Lmao Morgan’s dad reminds me of Darth Sideous, he’s even got the whole “strength through pain” philosophy
    -Lois giving John Henry Irons a call? Guess this is what gets Steel back in the fight!

Overall the episode was great. The first half honestly makes me a little sad we won’t get more of the traditional Superman status quo out of this show, because everything they show us of it is fantastic! However Clark’s “turn”... is he just getting tortured or are they possessing him? I can buy mind control or possession for Clark’s turn, but him just giving in because of torture raises the same problem I have with Cavill’s planned turn: it makes him look weak. Not really a fan of that, this evil Superman stuff has been the one blemish on an otherwise fantastic show for me, and I hope it doesn’t totally overwhelm the show here as we near the ending for S1. Still I’ll grant this: it’s a hell of a cliffhanger to end on as the show goes on a two week break!

Also is it too much to hope that Clark gets a new more comic accurate Fortress since he and Edge smashed up his old one ?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That also means clark is the real identity.not superman..lois loving clark,i mean.Oh!yeah!i would love lois probing superman as the cynical city girl.But,here it just felt rushed..

I loved seeing the big nod to Superman Smashes the Klan in this episode. I'm also hoping that the surrender is a bit of a ruse. Superman looked back at Lois and said "I needed more time". I wonder if that wasn't an admission of his failure but a statement that he had something cooking. Given how this show loves to reference all kinds of Superman media and there were big nods to Donner's Superman here, I wonder if this is leading to a General Zod hand crushing moment.

I could also see a new fortress with Lara as the hologram AI in the future as well. Lara's AI does still exist in a stolen crystal, after all.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

This show...wow. just wow.

I think this may end up being my all time favorite live action incarnation of Superman. Yes,that includes the first two movies.

I for one wouldn't mind for future seasons if they would take a page out of Arrow and have at least a few episodes do the two stories thing they did for most of it's run. A story set in the early years of this Superman and one set today. Not every episode of course, but one or two episodes each season to see how this Superman evolved. Especially once they touch on Lex Luthor,which will happen. On Earth 38 (past seasons of Supergirl)it was mentioned Lex and Clark were once friends and allies before Lex turned. If the new merged Earth keeps that,that's a story I'd like to see.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think the Earth 38 history is pretty much out the window. This entire series is fan service. They know what we like and are giving it to us. If I have any quibble with it, it's that it feels almost like it's too much fan service to the point where there isn't all that much original about it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member

I was very disappointed in last night show!! Very disappointed!! They made SM look bad!!! Can he beat anybody from his home world. He came off as very weak, he put up no fight against his brother. His brother beat him easily.