Page 99 of 127 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1897
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't think we were actually going to get Zod, but then it turns out Edge and Emperor Palpatine were planning to implant Zod's consciousness onto Clark the whole time. I'm guessing this is what happened to the Superman of Steel's world as well.

John is looking into this Earth's version of his younger sister. Is she supposed to be Natasha Irons' mother and setting up John's niece?

Well, yeah, no surprise John immediately jumps onto the idea of killing Superman again. Although if the device negates his powers, couldn't they have just captured him trapped him in a Kryptonite cell like they ended up doing with Edge? Were they worried Edge would stop them?

Clark took a gamble that his son would be able to hear him yelling when he's still learning to master super-hearing, but it worked.

Man, it's getting rough for the Cushing's. I really did not expect to feel for Kyle or this family as much as I have. Like, yeah, trusting Edge was a bad idea but they had no way of knowing or what was going to happen. But at least the family is growing closer in-spite of that. And it was nice to see them remember Sophie exists.

All the people thinking this show was completely standalone and not at all tied to the Arrowverse...well, here's John Diggle. Not only that, they mention Lyla, Argus, and Dig even brings up Oliver. He did seem close to Lois considering I don't think they've shared a single scene prior to this but I assume that's just a Post-Crisis thing. Clark probably had more team-ups with Ollie Post-Crisis too. He even mentions his ring in the box problem. I kind of wish he'd stayed to the end, but he made enough of an impact in this episode and now it's off to National City...I do think it would be kind of funny if they save up mentioning Kara for the season finale .

I'm not sure if I did or didn't want anyone to point out the three Johns in the room.

I kept waiting for my John.exe has stopped working moment when Lois told him she was married to Superman and I was not disappointed .

Jon is probably the one who made the most impact on convincing John to turn around on killing Clark when he brought up how they're both great dads and that there's always another way, showing that Jon has Superman's heart despite not having his powers. That was a really good Jon scene.

John Henry finally completes his character arc into becoming the comic Steel by choosing to save Superman instead of kill him, and becoming buddies with him and his family. Now all we need is for him to actually get called Steel...

So what's going to happen to Edge's holodad? Did they go back to that Fortress and take custody of his crystal or destroy it?

I keep forgetting about Leslie Larr, which I guess is how she keeps escaping. Edge always has her in his backpocket.

Was Edge's plan to absorb all the Kryptonian consciousnesses still in the Eradicator? Is he going to become the physical humanoid Eradicator from the comics? Is he just waiting for his cape and super cool shades?
    Both Lois and Jon put forth their best arguments for saving Clark but I think it was actually seeing Clark still fighting off Zod during their fight that gave him pause, despite Clark asking him to basically take him out and save [his family] from "himself". Up until that point, he was certain Clark couldn't...wouldn't come back from the body snatching once it took hold but Clark was still in there, like Lois said and it was enough for him to do the right thing. Just like in the episode inside section 7734. It's one thing to kill a monster, it's another to kill an innocent man when you're confronted with that reality. Had he been full on Zod, he would have never have hesitated.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-15-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So who else thinks the Superman of Steel's Earth is still alive and we will see him sooner rather than later? I could see that being the season finale.
    I wanna see it, Tyler Supes vs Tyler Zod should be fantastic to watch.

So who else thinks the Superman of Steel's Earth is still alive and we will see him sooner rather than later? I could see that being the season finale.
    Not sure if he’ll show up in the Season finale, although it would be a good way of wrapping up all the plot lines related to Edge. Right now I think they’re leaving that open as a way of writing out Irons when Wole wants to leave, Irons and Clark find his original Earth, go there and kick the evil Kryptonians asses. Then Irons stays there as an organic way for Wole to exit the show.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    When Irons talked about giving the Kents their family time -- "family time is sacred" -- I was half expecting Clark at that point to welcome him to their family.
    Same! But by the end of the season, I still see it happening.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I was just thinking to myself that season 3 of Krypton was supposed to feature The Eradicator and that show also had Zod as Jor-El's surprise half-brother.

This show is like carrying the legacy of every Superman show .

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Same! But by the end of the season, I still see it happening.

Id love nothing more than to see Irons help Superman build a new Fortress. Frankly we've seen enough of the artic crystal igloo. I personally would love to see the tesseract idea from the Loeb/Kelly era get its due.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-15-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Id love nothing more than to see Irons help Superman build a new Fortress. Frankly we've seen enough of the artic crystal igloo. I personally would love to see the tesseract idea from the Loeb/Kelly era get its due.
    I'm honestly tempted to think the Fortress was so basic this season because they were always planning to trash it and rebuild for season 2.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm honestly tempted to think the Fortress was so basic this season because they were always planning to trash it and rebuild for season 2.
    I know the Fortress Kara and co use on Supergirl is supposed to be Kals fortress,but post Crisis i just assume that fortress retroactively became Kara's and Clark has always had his own. Although in its most recent appearance on that show,they still referred to all the various weapons and tech there as Superman's armory. Perhaps Clark had a second Fortress where he stored his most dangerous tech separate from his "original " fortress.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Originally Wole was going to play basically the E3 Alexander Luthor, but one of the writers suggested the idea of him actually being John Henry Irons and they ended up going with that. So I do think they took some of her critiques to heart.

Also stats!

https://twitter.com/welshdragonu/sta...801917447?s=21
    yeah they even made earth 3 Alex Luthor black with resemblence to the show's "Captain Luthor" in the comics recently for synergy. Guess the comic people didn't know they changed their minds and made it into a red herring.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    yeah they even made earth 3 Alex Luthor black with resemblence to the show's "Captain Luthor" in the comics recently for synergy. Guess the comic people didn't know they changed their minds and made it into a red herring.
    It actually kind of works. As a sort of reverse Superman type thing.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

12_tesseract.jpg

Yeah, that would be awesome!!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This i would love..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I’m rooting for this to happen now!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was just thinking to myself that season 3 of Krypton was supposed to feature The Eradicator and that show also had Zod as Jor-El's surprise half-brother.

This show is like carrying the legacy of every Superman show .
    I freaking love that. That shows that they view the show as not just it's own thing, but the current standard-bearer of the characters' collective legacies, and that's just amazing.

OOOOOhhh... YES!

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    12_tesseract.jpg

Yeah, that would be awesome!!
    Agreed - I always loved that fortress.

And btw - if anybody's on Instagram, my wife and I will be talking about the episode and the show on our @jaklife_official account if any of you would like to have a look. (8pm central time)
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Incredible Member

Episode was pretty good, if a bit predictable.

It was mostly "we triumph through the power of family" (insert F&F meme), though some good twists inside that formula: Jon being so hard on Jordan, showing both how much he trust in his brother but also how demanding he is; Clark being freed of the mind control by John Henry Irons of all people, which also culminated John's development; the power of family also being the downfall of Tal-Rho as his desire to please his father leads him to his big decision in this episode.

I was not as big a fan of almost no one acknowledging they did have a good reason to prepare anti-Kryptonian weapons (Tal-Rho is still around), and the scene with the Lang-Cushing's cleaning their home was very out-of-place. Apparently their younger daughter had been someplace else all this time, too. Can't remember if we were ever told about that.