Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Flash (Wally West) vs The NCC 1701-D Enterprise

So the scenario is a race, between the Enterprise at it's fastest and Wally West. I really think Enterprise but I wanted to see if anyone felt different. My brother asked me to put this up here.

I honestly don’t know where current Wally is at, but if it were post-Crisis Wally he would stomp all over the Enterprise. He’d probably be there before Picard finished saying “Engage”.

Only Starfleet vessel that could reasonably beat Wally over significant distances would be Discovery. And that’s kind of cheating.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The Prince has replied correctly. Wally is faaaaarrrrrrrrr too fast for the Enterprise. Discovery could win if the distance were far enough, but teleporting kinds breaks the spirit of the engagement.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The Prince has replied correctly. Wally is faaaaarrrrrrrrr too fast for the Enterprise. Discovery could win if the distance were far enough, but teleporting kinds breaks the spirit of the engagement.
    While he was amped up do it, Wally did outrun so-called "instantaneous" teleportation across a galaxy one time,

Allegedly, Warp 10 was "infinite speed" but, outside of that, maximum warp looks to top out at around 9,000 times the speed of light which is fast but not nearly as fast as Wally is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    While he was amped up do it, Wally did outrun so-called "instantaneous" teleportation across a galaxy one time,

Allegedly, Warp 10 was "infinite speed" but, outside of that, maximum warp looks to top out at around 9,000 times the speed of light which is fast but not nearly as fast as Wally is.
    Stuff like that is why distance, even for teleportation, matters here. Simply because Discovery takes a moment to go full black alert, even if everybody is ready to go.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Orders of magnitude slower. His feat from JLA Secret Files 2004 puts him roughly at 1.8 million times the speed of light. Assuming we lowball it*.

Now, that's Flash really, really pushing himself, saying things like 'faster than I've ever run before.' Not entirely sure it's true, but Wally is certainly going all-out.

* by 'lowball', I mean 'not going with the implication that he's actually IN two places at the same time'. **

** ...also not taking into account that he's changing his clothes.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-23-2021 at 06:31 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The only time the Enterprise D could have beat Wally in its history was when it was being assisted by the Traveler in the episode Where No One Has Gone Before. And that's only if the finish line is distant enough that Wally is still on his way by the time the Enterprise goes to warp, like say to the far side of the M33 Galaxy.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

So I guess there isn't any scenario there that he could lose is there. Very interesting the thought of him racing the Enterprise. I wonder if there is a ship he could have a real challenge in?

I wholly agree with the general consensus. Wally leaves them in the dust.

But it also just reminds me -- Wally (and, to a lesser extent, Barry) tends to have two modes: he struggles to reach light speed, but once he breaches it, he becomes *far* faster than light speed. It's almost all or nothing with the guy. It's like getting to Warp 1 is the hard part, but Warp 9.999999 is a snap.

By contrast, the warp scale is exponential, still takes time to build up speed, and is usually still far slower than Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConstantineDoctor View Post
    So I guess there isn't any scenario there that he could lose is there. Very interesting the thought of him racing the Enterprise. I wonder if there is a ship he could have a real challenge in?

Theoretically the TARDIS, since it's not only infinitely fast once it gets going, but it can time travel as well. It'd be like racing and *gaining* time.

But then again, obviously Wally is a time traveler himself.
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-23-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Edit: Dammit.
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-23-2021 at 01:04 PM. Reason: double post

I didn't think about the TARDIS. With its ability to burn or delete rooms to make more thrust, and with it's infinite size it may be the only craft of any sort that could beat Wally in a race.

Extraordinary Member

How fast is Wally considered on Rumbles?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Fast.

More specifically, very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    He's called "Speed God Wally" for a reason. He's in the same speed range as the Silver Surfer and Gladiator, much faster than any other post-crisis speedster in DC except slower than Zoom, slower than the Runner, slower than pre-crisis DC speedsters. He's really really fast.

I didn't think about the TARDIS. With its ability to burn or delete rooms to make more thrust, and with it's infinite size it may be the only craft of any sort that could beat Wally in a race.
    The Bistromathics or the Heart of Gold from Hitchiker's could beat him. The Heart of Gold might turn him into a houseplant or something as well. It's improbable after all.

Any of the Archangel-class ships from Endymion and Rise of Endymion could as well.

Not sure if I remember, Wally is in the same tier, as Bigs noted, as the Surfer and Gladiator. However, I believe there are 2 (?) higher tiers, the next highest being the likes of PC Barry Allan and Superman, then the top tier that contains the likes of the The Runner and (post crisis) Zoom. I've heard rumor that Rebirth Zoom is nutso fast as well.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.