Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Flash (Wally West) vs The NCC 1701-D Enterprise

So the scenario is a race, between the Enterprise at it's fastest and Wally West. I really think Enterprise but I wanted to see if anyone felt different. My brother asked me to put this up here.

I honestly don’t know where current Wally is at, but if it were post-Crisis Wally he would stomp all over the Enterprise. He’d probably be there before Picard finished saying “Engage”.

Only Starfleet vessel that could reasonably beat Wally over significant distances would be Discovery. And that’s kind of cheating.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The Prince has replied correctly. Wally is faaaaarrrrrrrrr too fast for the Enterprise. Discovery could win if the distance were far enough, but teleporting kinds breaks the spirit of the engagement.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The Prince has replied correctly. Wally is faaaaarrrrrrrrr too fast for the Enterprise. Discovery could win if the distance were far enough, but teleporting kinds breaks the spirit of the engagement.
    While he was amped up do it, Wally did outrun so-called "instantaneous" teleportation across a galaxy one time,

Allegedly, Warp 10 was "infinite speed" but, outside of that, maximum warp looks to top out at around 9,000 times the speed of light which is fast but not nearly as fast as Wally is.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    While he was amped up do it, Wally did outrun so-called "instantaneous" teleportation across a galaxy one time,

Allegedly, Warp 10 was "infinite speed" but, outside of that, maximum warp looks to top out at around 9,000 times the speed of light which is fast but not nearly as fast as Wally is.
    Stuff like that is why distance, even for teleportation, matters here. Simply because Discovery takes a moment to go full black alert, even if everybody is ready to go.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The only time the Enterprise D could have beat Wally in its history was when it was being assisted by the Traveler in the episode Where No One Has Gone Before. And that's only if the finish line is distant enough that Wally is still on his way by the time the Enterprise goes to warp, like say to the far side of the M33 Galaxy.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Orders of magnitude slower. His feat from JLA Secret Files 2004 puts him roughly at 1.8 million times the speed of light. Assuming we lowball it*.

Now, that's Flash really, really pushing himself, saying things like 'faster than I've ever run before.' Not entirely sure it's true, but Wally is certainly going all-out.

* by 'lowball', I mean 'not going with the implication that he's actually IN two places at the same time'. **

** ...also not taking into account that he's changing his clothes.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-23-2021 at 06:31 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Orders of magnitude slower. His feat from JLA Secret Files 2004 puts him roughly at 1.8 million times the speed of light. Assuming we lowball it*.

Now, that's Flash really, really pushing himself, saying things like 'faster than I've ever run before.' Not entirely sure it's true, but Wally is certainly going all-out.

* by 'lowball', I mean 'not going with the implication that he's actually IN two places at the same time'. **

** ...also not taking into account that he's changing his clothes.
    Oh, come on. That's not fair. The Enterprise doesn't wear any clothes to change. I'm sure it could change from a gold to a blue shirt while at Warp speed. At least it was smart enough to avoid red until ST 3.
    Power with Girl is better.