Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

So we have
    multiple earths
    A continuous earth
    Earth where everyone remembers everything
    Seems like a lot, but it covers everything.... I think

The new Linearverse is interesting in that now I want to knkw how they would deal /or explain the history of a character like Conner Kent. Not just kesel to johns, but new 52 to Smallville season 11,and injustice
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So we have
    multiple earths
    A continuous earth

The new Linearverse is interesting in that now I want to knkw how they would deal /or explain the history of a character like Conner Kent. Not just kesel to johns, but new 52 to Smallville season 11,and injustice
    Out of the 4 Legion continuities, I wish they decide which one fits where in your list.

So we are like Neo? Looking at the world without time?

Retired

I think in the 1990s the Elseworlds were really the multiverse. They just didn't have the guts to call it that. But writers could create as many alternate universes as they wanted. The only drawback was that Elseworlds comics usually cost a lot more money--and since they didn't matter to main continuity--I started to buy a lot less of them. Maybe that's what killed them--overpriced and unnecessary.

But there shouldn't be any limit. Writers should be free to create as many worlds as they are capable.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So we have
    multiple earths
    A continuous earth

How about the Hawks? If DC could make that work, they could do anything!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    How about the Hawks? If DC could make that work, they could do anything!
    More than once, they've managed to make the Hawks make as much sense as they possibly can... only to turn around and sh!t the bed again.

It's not that DC's end goals are unattainable, I'm just convinced no one in charge has the brains to pull it off.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Out of the 4 Legion continuities, I wish they decide which one fits where in your list.
    They fit EVERYWHERE
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Its like earth 2, but with immortal characters

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Oh DC...to think people get paid to come up with these ridiculous excuses that they think are mind blowing.

Astonishing Member

Well that's kind of a problem with editorial at DC, they think they are the idea guys and that the writers should listen to them and not vice versa. That's how we got stuff like New 52, Convergence, Countdown and One Year Later. Editors just constantly fostering their ideas onto the poor writers who have to make it work.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This may be the straw that finally breaks the incessant need for continuity.

Hopefully this will give rise to allowing writers to tell their story without the baggage.

So, if you like a particular writer's version of a character follow the writer and not the character.

Sure, why not. It can't be any more confusing than... whatever we have now.

I say this knowing they're going to try something new in about 5 years.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Why can't they just utilize the Multiverse? This is basically 'everything exists but nothing matters' philosophy.

Earth Golden Age

Earth-1

Earth Post Crisis

Earth 52

Everybody's favorite earth exists and you can set your story lines there, go back and see what everybody has been up to since instead of constantly trying to re write the main universe.

I'm not the biggest fan of Geoff Johns but his solution of just having all the different 'main' different universes exist as different earths was doable and an ideal solution. Honestly, I think this ''solution' will be ignored and everyone will just act like everything happened in a nebulous ten year span. I can only imagine a few writers being able to work with this.
    This would never happen because DC wouldn't want their brands competing with one another for readership.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Why did I fall in love with a universe that's eternally run by people so committed into shooting themselves in the foot? DC reboots to get rid of their limp and then immediately draws their weapon and fires at themselves again, crying reboot and needing to streamline things.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Why did I fall in love with a universe that's eternally run by people so committed into shooting themselves in the foot? DC reboots to get rid of their limp and then immediately draws their weapon and fires at themselves again, crying reboot and needing to streamline things.
    The sad part is that DC had a perfectly reasonable and workable solution in place up to 1985, and that was the multiverse. For whatever reason, DC chose to solve a problem that was already solved.