Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
It only seems that way to you, because... well, because it really is unworkable. Seriously, does anybody think this is a good idea?
I do, not for realistic continuity sake, because it's gonna be a mess, but because I've been wanting to include as much history into canon as possible and now it's official

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
The Linearverse is only worth all the hassle and convolution if we get new stories out of it that aren't rehashes.
...Nah. Not possible. Writers still like to do homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
This is such a mess. It defies any in-universe logic to believe these characters would have experienced all those changes and yet still act like they do in the present. Bruce Wayne would be broken if he remembered all his past iteractions. And he somehow is around since the start of last century but didn't age at all.
It has bad idea written all over it and it's even worse than Death Metal's idea of everyone remembering past continuities.
Bit of a fantasy trope here, long-living beings like vampires or elves either not remember every single thing because it's been so long, or they've grown to be really bored and apathetic because they've seen everything.

Anyway, I'm not taking this literally at all. I highly doubt they're writing them like they are elves. They're just gonna continue as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
Maybe Linearverse Bruce is nicer and more well adjusted than mainstream Batman? I find it hard to believe you would create an entirely new continuity and kept the same characterization. Then again, current DC is does not act with common sense.
Nah... too many dead kids, and maybe that's one reason why he can't be apathetic like elves. Too much trauma keeps it fresh ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
Trying to rectify Batman's, Superman's, Wonder Woman's, etc. histories that are vastly different and contradictory to one another by saying it all happened to the same character makes absolutely no sense.
No... they're going to have to make a choice, like how Rucka choose to make the New 52 Wonder Woman a Lie. The experience still happened, the island still existed, but the characters turn out to be illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
Didio? Wasn't 5G opposite of what we have here?
It's kind of the same thing. In Didio's timeline, Bruce was born in the WW2 era, and he continues to live until 2020 when 5G was supposed to begin. The term they used was the time-lapse in DCU is faster than in the real world. So if in the real world it took 80 years from 1940 to 2020, in his timeline it only took 40 years or so.

As someone pointed out, the Golden Age (or Earth 2 Batman) married Salina Kyle, had a child and eventually died. You can't rectify that with current Batman even if you argue that he began in the '30s and time runs slower in comics, and that's substantially different than "corded phones versus cell phones". There are similar issues with Superman and Wonder Woman as well.
Jurgens said that not everything's gonna fit and they're gonna have to trim things, so what will happen is what already happened in current stories: Batman and Catwoman are not married with daughter yet, so they're never married in the Golden Age either.

Also, that marriage only happened once the Earth is separated into two. The one they're talking about right now is the main Earth. We still have a Multiverse as shown in Metal.

It's just silliness. We have two completely different versions of Superman's cousin - Power Girl and Supergirl. Does Superman just have two cousins now? What about Huntress? Or the Crime Syndicate? Or the Shazam family?
I wanna say that for all those questions, Shazam especially, I'm gonna need to wait until the writer themselves start telling their stories, and I actually think it's gonna be fun watching them trying to reconcile everything, but honestly, I think they're just gonna move on and not bother explaining the past as usual, since just like the other explanations, this is just gonna be an excuse for DC to resell old stories.