Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
The misunderstanding is that this is immediately coming off the heels of the "Omniverse" revelation in Metal that established the characters remembered their past realities - not necessarily experienced it. Not to mention the "Metaverse" solution Johns tried coming up with at the end of Doomsday Clock a little over a year ago (I can't even explain that one).

So I think fans are understandably confused on what this means. But I think 100% there's no doubt that the Linearverse is supposed to establish all these characters have been operating since their publication debuts.
THIS. They have literally introduced 3 new "concepts" for how to "interpret" the Core DC Universe inside of 18 months...and none worse than ending Death Metal with their Omniverse and then having their next Big Comic 2 a few months later just say "**** that, it is the Linearverse"...it speaks to a level of Editor in-fighting and Power Jockeying as well imo. It tells me that we really want very few of the people with decision making power at DC actually with that power at this point...