Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

They control how large the explosion is, or limit the power to piercing/cutting attacks. I can't remember a single example of them creating explosions that didn't hit things within the explosion.

Well, maybe in the first half of the Goku vs. Frieza fight, but that was more Goku outrunning the explosion of the ball of Light he was trapped inside after it started rather than Frieza deliberately not blowing Goku up.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Well, maybe in the first half of the Goku vs. Frieza fight, but that was more Goku outrunning the explosion of the ball of Light he was trapped inside after it started rather than Frieza deliberately not blowing Goku up.
    vlcsnap-2014-08-27-11h53m24s104.jpg

(Useless fact: that technique was called Imprisonment Ball.)
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Arm wrestling is irrelevant with ki focused punching. It's like saying "Thing vs. Karate Kid, who can lift more?" It becomes a non statement.

Also, since EOD chars are high-mid mach, they're at least punching hundreds of times before, say, a standard bullet timer can make a reaction. If, say, Goten has enough "striking" strength to throw things through mountains before powering up, how many punches in even under than range can Iron Man take in one spot before he can do something, is the question.
    And yet I still have to ask though, what do you honestly feel would happen if Tien tried to arm wrestle The Thing? Scenario: Uber Mega Plot Device Bad Guy shows up and will nuke the universe unless Tien defeats The Thing in arm wrestling. Does the DBZ survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Scenario: Uber Mega Plot Device Bad Guy shows up and will nuke the universe unless Tien defeats The Thing in arm wrestling. Does the DBZ survive?
    No, no, no. Here's how it works: Tien needs to arm-wrestle Thing to buy Goku enough time to charge an attack.

And yet I still have to ask though, what do you honestly feel would happen if Tien tried to arm wrestle The Thing? Scenario: Uber Mega Plot Device Bad Guy shows up and will nuke the universe unless Tien defeats The Thing in arm wrestling. Does the DBZ survive?
    What happens when Karate Kid arm wrestles The Thing with the same stipulation?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    No, no, no. Here's how it works: Tien needs to arm-wrestle Thing to buy Goku enough time to charge an attack.

BANNED

I don't really think Tien is on the same level as Karate Kid. Though Obviously Val would be trained in some kind of secret alien arm wrestling martial art. Probably taught to him by an alien with 6 arms or something like that. He was in the same class as Arm Fall Off Boy.
    Last edited by Surtur; 08-28-2014 at 12:33 PM.

On pure strength? He loses hysterically.

If he's allowed to do some kind of super karate nonsense? Different animal.

On pure strength? He loses hysterically.

If he's allowed to do some kind of super karate nonsense? Different animal.
    There's probably a planet of one-armed people that developed a martial art based on arm-wrestling or something.

BANNED

Val has specifically been trained in a "arm wrestle a rock monster" martial art. He was always telling his Sensei he'd never have any use for it..but I guess now he needs to learn the fine art of "the foot in mouth" style.
    Last edited by Surtur; 08-28-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Val has specifically been trained in a "arm wrestle a rock monster" martial art. He was always telling his Sensei he'd never have any use for it..but I guess now he needs to learn the fine art of "the foot in mouth" style.
    I dunno...that sounds a little over the top.

Nah, Val knows to arm wrestle in a way that allows him to use the weight of the entire planet as leverage.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile