Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I don't know what issue it was in, but scan here. Exceptionally funny monologue from Tony as well.
    I'm going to want some kind of issue number there because Tony just laughing off being nuked seems as a massive outlier.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

For whatever this is worth, a few years ago Tony was enlisting Bruce Banner's help to try and build a nuke proof armor, and I don't remember if actually succeeded. I recall the armor being compromised but don't recall if that was from the nuke or a Hulk beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm going to want some kind of issue number there because Tony just laughing off being nuked seems as a massive outlier.
    Really?
    I think standing up to attacks from Hulk, Thor etc beats laughing off a nuke.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I'm looking for it. In the meantime, here he is doing it again. (That blast slagged a stockpile of vibranium, by the way.) And here he is blocking the explosion from a detonated nuclear plant in New Avengers: Illuminati. At 2% power. His shields have also contained Apocalypse. They've stood up to a pissed-off Dark Sentry, but I think he had some help from Sue Storm on that one.
    Last edited by Primetime Harder; 08-22-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

He loses to all and sundry in question sans things like massive opportunities to take advantage of (and even there, with the Hulk for instance, he had to kamikaze himself), I'm not seeing that justifying "completely ignore nuke".

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I'm looking for it. In the meantime, here he is doing it again. (That blast slagged a stockpile of vibranium, by the way.) And here he is blocking the explosion from a detonated nuclear plant in (I think) Fear Itself. At 2% power. His shields have also contained Apocalypse. They've stood up to a pissed-off Dark Sentry, but I think he had some help from Sue Storm on that one.
    So.. a "nuke" so powerful it left a construction crane and a bunch of other such equipment completely intact, right from your own scan. "Apocalypse" is from an incident involving alt time shenanigans and an issue where a lot of people performed, let's say, interesting, as far as any validity, and no, the "fear itself" thing, that's from New Avengers: Illuminati the Secret Invasion issue, and he is not blocking that explosion, he is /causing/ that explosion, by linking himself to, draining and powering himself up from various nuke plants. The 2 percent thing is his defenses buckling under the assault from that Skrull while he links himself up. The ensuing explosion by the way, not a nuke.

The bit with the Sentry involved a pre crap out Doctor Strange, and the Invisible Woman working together with him, and the Sentry was still tearing chunks out of it.

So let me rephrase, do you have anything that isn't from out of context respect threads?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-22-2014 at 05:58 PM.

So.. a "nuke" so powerful it left a construction crane completely intact, right from your own scan.
    That's one tough-ass crane. Didn't even notice it until now. I'd say the devastation and scrapped vibranium trump that little detail, though.

"Apocalypse" is from an incident involving alt time shenanigans and an issue where a lot of people performed, let's say, interesting, as far as any validity
    I thought that looked iffy based on the art; figured if it was, someone would point it out. There we go then.

and he is not blocking that explosion, he is /causing/ that explosion, by linking himself to, draining and powering himself up from various nuke plants.
    I know he caused it. The relevant part is, he survived being caught in the middle of it.

The ensuing explosion by the way, not a nuke.
    Still pretty damn big though.

So let me rephrase, do you have anything that isn't from out of context respect threads?
    I stopped using respect threads after last time. Everything I posted was found using Google Image Search. I cruised some versus threads on other forums, but not respect threads.

That's one tough-ass crane. Didn't even notice it until now. I'd say the devastation and scrapped vibranium trump that little detail, though.
    There are multiple construction implements still in various standing, and they're in the Savage Land from what comic that looks like, that's Antarctic vibranium then, the anti metal stuff. The devastation besides frankly does not look that widespread unless you have some other scan showing some massive wide scale of devastation onto a range of citylike heft.

Alternatively, issue number for that one as well?

I know he caused it. The relevant part is, he survived being caught in the middle of it.
    Things Tony Stark does while powered up from multiple nuclear plants do not reflect things Tony Stark is capable of while not powered up from multiple nuclear plants. And once again, said explosion, well less than a nuke, or you'd think teleporting what was ultimately a short distance away would not have covered, say, Professor Xavier.

Still pretty damn big though.
    It is completely meaningless, from Stark being powered up, to being nothing on the scale of a nuke, to claiming it supports Iron Man laughing off being nuked.

I stopped using respect threads after last time. Everything I posted was found using Google Image Search. I cruised some versus threads on other forums, but not respect threads.
    Random internet images, whatever their source, exist free of context.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-22-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Tony's shields are capable of some truly amazing **** when he's got an external power-up. See Mighty Avengers - Doom blows a really massive explosion, far beyond nuke (from what is said), and Tony blocks it by having Sentry hit him with his power of "a million exploding suns".

But that's Tony amped, not default.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    To be fair, even Saiyan Saga Vegeta is multiple levels above Tao.
    Plus, that's Namek Saga Vegeta - he's had 2 or 3 Zenkais at that point in time.

Not to mention all those feat's are not auto shields but him having time to think and raise extra shields something he's not going to be able to do while being blitzed.

Quote Originally Posted by da noble savage View Post
    Not to mention all those feat's are not auto shields but him having time to think and raise extra shields something he's not going to be able to do while being blitzed.
    Between this and being unable to find any issue numbers for context, I will concede the point until such time as I can find out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Vegeta has more strength in his pinky then Tao has in his entire body. He's not a good person to use as an example.
    The thing was responded to was "nobody else in the series did anything like that," when it was shown that it wasn't forgotten that people could toss things around the world, and it wasn't just a "comedy" thing.

BANNED

So just to be clear here, exactly how durable then is Ironman, sans any prep time or time to raise any shields? Who is the strongest person the guy could just straight up ignore an attack from?

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    So just to be clear here, exactly how durable then is Ironman, sans any prep time or time to raise any shields? Who is the strongest person the guy could just straight up ignore an attack from?
    I'd put him around the Thing.