Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    He had the heart attack towards the end of season 8. The last few episodes focused on his recovery. But the end of 9 revealed he had died and everything after that up until the finale was the result of Roseanne writing a book to cope with the grief. Then season 10 had to fix up that plot point via a Dallas style retcon that it was all the results of a nightmare.

Roseanne getting bumped off occurred because of her comments behind the scenes. Otherwise she would still be on it.
    Good deal, thanks for the info on Dan!
    Roseanne screwing the Pooch on the reboot I’m more familiar w. as it was all over the internet. That woman is her own worst enemy.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

In the case of MASH, the death was a smart move. The show had been a comedy up until that point and they felt killing Blake off would hammer home the seriousness of the Korean War and the risks one takes by involving themselves in a war environment. If that death hadn't have occurred, we wouldn't have had the dramatic shift towards a comedy-drama.
    A lot of viewers were furious about it... "you got drama in my comedy!!!"

But it was a turning point for television.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Caitlin Todd on NCIS. Just when you think she was safe and they were wrapping up the episode BAM she gets shot right in the head by a sniper right in front of Gibbs.
    yup. that shocked me.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

(Spoilers)

Adriana's death in the Sopranos has got to be the most impactful death scene in all of television.

Omar Little's death in the Wire was hilarious.

My friend told me to check out a new show called Game of Thrones, I had not read any of the books but I was HUGE Sean Bean fan, from the Sharpe tv series, and his role as Boromir and playing a scumbag in the movie Essex Boys.

So....I was a bit shocked when they killed him.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Casey Randall (Terry Markwell) from the 1988 Mission Impossible series. It never occurred to me an agent would be caught and killed in action. Replaced by Shannon Reed (Jane Badler whom I still remembered from "V") in the same episode.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Arzt on Lost.

He went out with a bang

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    (Spoilers)

Adriana's death in the Sopranos has got to be the most impactful death scene in all of television.

Omar Little's death in the Wire was hilarious.
    As huge fans of both these shows, umm, nah. Adriana mos def had it coming and when it did go down it happened off screen which always put a cloud on it for me. That said it wasn't even the most impactful death on that show (I want to say even that season). This was on a show with routine and varied deaths througout. Tony's mother passing improved the show 100% and that was real impact, he was finally free of that old anchor.

As far as Omar, if by hilarious you mean shockingly fucked up, then sure. Hilarity ensues.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Dr.Neil Melendez on Good Doctor

In terms of "Sopranos" Adrianna wasn't a shock as her storyline was leading up to it. I was much more surprised by how they did Christopher. I mean ... I thought maybe Tony was dreaming at first. Not at all how I thought his character would go.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-24-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Romano on ER. Not only was the death shocking, it was also stupid.
    And before that, his arm.

Yeah, he was a jerk, but the show was pretty excessive in taking things out on him.

Brendan Frazier's character Ben on Scrubs

While the story is set in a hospital, deaths happened on the show, and Ben wasn't a main character the way it happened was a cruel blind side.

"Where do you think we are?"

Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Retired

Whenever Sean Bean dies, it's not a surprise.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Whenever Sean Bean dies, it's not a surprise.
    For a while there the surprise was when he lived.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    As huge fans of both these shows, umm, nah. Adriana mos def had it coming and when it did go down it happened off screen which always put a cloud on it for me. That said it wasn't even the most impactful death on that show (I want to say even that season). This was on a show with routine and varied deaths througout. Tony's mother passing improved the show 100% and that was real impact, he was finally free of that old anchor.

As far as Omar, if by hilarious you mean shockingly fucked up, then sure. Hilarity ensues.
    You have to appreciate the irony that some 8 year old kid succeeded where all the Baltimore crime outfits failed in killing Omar.