Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I’m not sure it’s even possible to top LA Law.

I remember watching this with my dad the day it aired. he lost his freaken mind.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    maude flanders from simpsons
    susan ross from seinfeld
    Maude was shocking. Susan not so much. She didnt gel with the cast, was nothing like them, and her own fiancé hated her. With the way the show was it was not shocking to kill her in some off handed dumb way.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Maude was shocking. Susan not so much. She didnt gel with the cast, was nothing like them, and her own fiancé hated her. With the way the show was it was not shocking to kill her in some off handed dumb way.
    i think the series killing off a quasi major character was the surprising part for me, not the situation itself or the plot

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Caitlin Todd on NCIS. Just when you think she was safe and they were wrapping up the episode BAM she gets shot right in the head by a sniper right in front of Gibbs.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Lori Grimes on The Walking Dead - I didn't read the comics so I'm not sure if or when she died there, but I did not see her death coming at all on the tv show. And especially not the way she died. Quite a shocker.
    Her death in the comics was rougher and more sudden. In the comic she was running away from the governor's people when they stormed the prison when she was shot in the back. She was also holding baby Judith who was also killed by the gunshot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think the most surprising TV death for me was the 9th Doctor in Doctor Who.

I wasn't expecting that after his first year. I didn't read any spoilers so I had no idea. I loved Eccleston as the Doctor so much (the second Doctor I ever saw. I only knew Tom Baker) and I wasn't prepared to say goodbye. I was so mad when Tennant appeared after the regeneration..
    That was pretty well advertised though. So it wasn't that shocking (exactly how his Doctor went out WAS though). In saying that, I wasn't prepared either. But he left because he had issues with the production and director Joe Ahearne (who himself left the show as well).

Astonishing Member

I remember watching this with my dad the day it aired. he lost his freaken mind.
    Remember that one as well. Absolutely came out of nowhere too. Even the actress didn't know she was being killed off until she got the script prior to filming. Imagine finding out you were getting dropped that way.

BANNED

Darrin Stevens

*ducks*

Astonishing Member

It was shocking but I was happy about it. I couldnt stand her character on the show.

For me even though I watched it 20 years later was Blake on Mash as said before. I was like why he is going home!

The Transformers movie was traumatic for me. I couldnt believe all these cool robot guys dying.
    In the case of MASH, the death was a smart move. The show had been a comedy up until that point and they felt killing Blake off would hammer home the seriousness of the Korean War and the risks one takes by involving themselves in a war environment. If that death hadn't have occurred, we wouldn't have had the dramatic shift towards a comedy-drama.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    In the case of MASH, the death was a smart move. The show had been a comedy up until that point and they felt killing Blake off would hammer home the seriousness of the Korean War and the risks one takes by involving themselves in a war environment. If that death hadn't have occurred, we wouldn't have had the dramatic shift towards a comedy-drama.
    I would argue that didn't really happen until the departure of Frank Burns, always the most out of place character in the show.

Astonishing Member

Alex Taylor on Third Watch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I would argue that didn't really happen until the departure of Frank Burns, always the most out of place character in the show.
    Burns absolutely stuck out like a sore thumb. But Blake dying the way he did reminded the audience that, even though there was comedy, the situation the characters were in was a dangerous on.

I never really watched the show, so this is just something I heard ages ago...:

I believe Dan Conner was supposed to have died after a heart attack in an earlier season of Roseanne and it was revealed in the finale.

Now, I do know the show was rebooted a few years ago and Dan was alive.
    And then they killed off Roseanne.
    Heh.

Astonishing Member

Romano on ER. Not only was the death shocking, it was also stupid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I never really watched the show, so this is just something I heard ages ago...:

I believe Dan Conner was supposed to have died after a heart attack in an earlier season of Roseanne and it was revealed in the finale.

Now, I do know the show was rebooted a few years ago and Dan was alive.
    And then they killed off Roseanne.
    Heh.
    He had the heart attack towards the end of season 8. The last few episodes focused on his recovery. But the end of 9 revealed he had died and everything after that up until the finale was the result of Roseanne writing a book to cope with the grief. Then season 10 had to fix up that plot point via a Dallas style retcon that it was all the results of a nightmare.

Roseanne getting bumped off occurred because of her comments behind the scenes. Otherwise she would still be on it.