Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    yup. that shocked me.

NCIS has killed a few major characters, but none quite so suddenly as Kate's. The late ghost/imaginations of Kate were really good though. She even did a little return thing a season or two ago in a "what if" kind of scenario (NCIS kind dipped their toes into the metaphysical there a few times).

Ultimate Member

What was stupid about her death is that it was because the actress wanted to leave and such because of the long hours and such, then a few months later she gets on another show as one of the leads, always found that a bit odd...not bashing NCIS either...

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    That was pretty well advertised though. So it wasn't that shocking (exactly how his Doctor went out WAS though). In saying that, I wasn't prepared either. But he left because he had issues with the production and director Joe Ahearne (who himself left the show as well).
    yes I read the behind the scenes drama years after I watched it. Like I said, I didn't read any spoilers. In fact, I didn't use the internet at all yet haha. I'm not from the UK, so no clue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Caitlin Todd on NCIS. Just when you think she was safe and they were wrapping up the episode BAM she gets shot right in the head by a sniper right in front of Gibbs.
    Yes, that blew my mind.

I admit, I quit watching the show a few episodes later. She was my favorite character on the show. However, for those who love it, I'm glad it's still going strong after so many departures.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Yes, that blew my mind.

I admit, I quit watching the show a few episodes later. She was my favorite character on the show. However, for those who love it, I'm glad it's still going strong after so many departures.
    Ziva became even more popular, once she was given a chance to establish herself as a character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Not all that surprising for most of the shows they list since those deaths were indicated in advance (the actor was already announced to have left the show, so a death was a good guess). And some of those shows I've never watched, so those deaths are spoiled for me if I ever do watch them.

Big surprise for me was spoilers:
    Gary on thirtysomething.
    end of spoilers
    Yes, that was a shocker. I had forgotten about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Romano on ER. Not only was the death shocking, it was also stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Yes, that blew my mind.

Blew her mind, too.

Wonder if she wanted to leave NCIS because she had been offered the lead in Rizzoli and Isles on the downlow, or if she left NCIS and was then offered the lead afterwards.

Joyce dying on Buffy was probably the biggest shocker for me. You thought she was in the clear, but nope!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Blew her mind, too.

Wonder if she wanted to leave NCIS because she had been offered the lead in Rizzoli and Isles on the downlow, or if she left NCIS and was then offered the lead afterwards.
    I think the reason she left was because she said she couldn't handle the work load and long hours. It is odd she ended up doing another show so soon after leaving, but maybe the hours and workload were less on R&I. Her character on R&I was a lot less physical than the one she played on NCIS.

Ultimate Member

She certainly got to dress nicer on R&I, then again M Harmon has been doing it for like almost 20 years now so...everybody's different...glad that Ziva wasn't actually dead, wonder how she and Kensi from NCIS LA would get along, Ziva would get annoyed imho by Deeks...still funny that the actress that plays Kensi is married to the brother of the actor that plays Deeks...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Blew her mind, too.

Joyce dying on Buffy was probably the biggest shocker for me. You thought she was in the clear, but nope!
    Rizzoli and Isles didn't start until 2010. She she had left NCIS a good five years earlier. So it must have been another reason.

Ultimate Member

I've heard rumors that Mark Harmon was a dick on set, that might be why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    NCIS has killed a few major characters, but none quite so suddenly as Kate's. The late ghost/imaginations of Kate were really good though. She even did a little return thing a season or two ago in a "what if" kind of scenario (NCIS kind dipped their toes into the metaphysical there a few times).
    I think all of Caitlin's reappearances have mainly been slightly altered stock footage or flashbacks, I don't think Sasha Alexander has ever returned in any sense more than that.

They did recently kill off a supporting character in the show in this season though.

Carl Grimes on TWD was a bit surprising though, although some people figured out was coming due to rumors of behind the scenes drama with the producer and Carl's shocked reaction when he was struggling with the Walker that we eventually discovered had bit him.

Some of the pike deaths were also surprising, given that the episode also led you to believe that Ezekiel and Rosita who were the biggest victims in the comics would meet that fate, and also since Henry was given Carl's story that he would be the new Carl for the rest of the show-nope!

FEAR killed off a good chunk of it's original cast fairly quickly, although there's still some debate over Madison and the show has done some 'fake out' deaths before.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-04-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth