Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Second Son ends this month with digital chapter 12, that’s about two weeks, so I’m assuming whatever Next Batman plans they have will need to be announced soon and I’d have to assume they play into the Magistrate/Future State.
    You think he'll take over Detective Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    You think he'll take over Detective Comics?
    Not likely, in all honesty there are so many Batman comics would any one really notice if they just added a new one called Next Batman or Batman:Jace Fox?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Next, there seems to be a mini-series in 12 issues, this was mentioned on the DC website when the Second Son was announced. Like, Future State about Jace's possible future, Second Son about his past and this mini-series about his present, something like that.
    I suppose we will see in solicits.

Not likely, in all honesty there are so many Batman comics would any one really notice if they just added a new one called Next Batman or Batman:Jace Fox?
    The Next Batman is the title of his 12-issue mini, so I imagine that's his editorial name from now on.

Incredible Member

I'm trying to get into The Next Batman, but it isn't easy. I generally appreciate "legacy characters" - Dick as Batman, Superior Spider-Man, etc - so this is up my ally.
    I also really like Nick Derington's art and wish he was a bit more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I'm trying to get into The Next Batman, but it isn't easy. I generally appreciate "legacy characters" - Dick as Batman, Superior Spider-Man, etc - so this is up my ally.
    I also really like Nick Derington's art and wish he was a bit more involved.
    Mind if I ask what problems you may be having?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

I wasn't expecting to like this book but I do. Ridley is easily one of DC's best writers.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I wasn't expecting to like this book but I do. Ridley is easily one of DC's best writers.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Yeah hopefully we do not lose his work on Batman if that Black Panther rumor is true, that being that he’s supposedly taking over the ongoing. He can do both, Id just hate to see it end without him completing his vision for Jace.
    Words to live by.

I just now caught up and it was a very smooth read and I'm very impressed by Ridley. He's doing an amazing job fleshing out Jace's character, as well as building a world for him to exist in.

I really like that Jace's "gangsta" background was changed to the accident and I'm looking forward to the role it plays moving forward.

That being said, I'm not a fan of Katana being involved. After the soft reset, she is already heavily tied to Duke, Jefferson, and now potentially Jace....
    Last edited by Askia; 05-09-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    I just now caught up and it was a very smooth read and I'm very impressed by Ridley. He's doing an amazing job fleshing out Jace's character, as well as building a world for him to exist in.

I really like that Jace's "gangsta" background was changed to the accident and I'm looking forward to the role it plays moving forward.

That being said, I'm not a fan of Katana being involved. After the soft reset, she is already heavily tied to Duke, Jefferson, and now potentially Jace....
    what's the difference if she knows 3 black guys instead of 2? also saying she's "heavily involved" with Duke is pretty laughable, considering she barely interacted with him despite both being on the Outsiders.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    what's the difference if she knows 3 black guys instead of 2? also saying she's "heavily involved" with Duke is pretty laughable, considering she barely interacted with him despite both being on the Outsiders.
    Not sure if you're trying to have a discussion or just hyperbolic. I mean, you quoted my post, yet you misquoted what I typed which is pretty laughable.

Yes, Duke is heavily "tied" to Katana seeing as they were on the same team and their interactions in Future State. My concern is more with that all 3 black guys, who have been pushed by DC recently, have limited exposure to the rest of the DC universe as all are mainly tied to Batman and now Katana. It would of been nice if a different character then Katana was used for Jace to separate him a bit from the others.
    Last edited by Askia; 05-09-2021 at 10:42 PM.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Not sure if you're trying to have a discussion or just hyperbolic. I mean, you quoted my post, yet you misquoted what I typed which is pretty laughable.

Yes, Duke is heavily "tied" to Katana seeing as they were on the same team and their interactions in Future State. My concern is more with that all 3 black guys, who have been pushed by DC recently, have limited exposure to the rest of the DC universe as all are mainly tied to Batman and now Katana. It would of been nice if a different character then Katana was used for Jace to separate him a bit from the others.
    It's not hyperbolic, since Katana's ties to Duke are not at all heavy, even when you factor in the Future State thing. And in Hill's Outsiders, which introduced them being on the same team in the first place, they did indeed barely interact with one another. Such interactions were fleeting, not very deep, and was little more than the tangential vehicle towards having Katana and Lady Shiva battle out their philosophies and later their fists. That means the only thing hyperbolic is the insinuation that Katana's ties to Duke are heavy.

The other point of contention lies in why Katana having any ties with 3 different Black characters (each in different ways and to different extents) should be considered relevantly noteworthy at all. This type of questioning doesn't happen in the same and considerably more expansive scenarios where the characters are White.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It's not hyperbolic, since Katana's ties to Duke are not at all heavy, even when you factor in the Future State thing. And in Hill's Outsiders, which introduced them being on the same team in the first place, they did indeed barely interact with one another. Such interactions were fleeting, not very deep, and was little more than the tangential vehicle towards having Katana and Lady Shiva battle out their philosophies and later their fists. That means the only thing hyperbolic is the insinuation that Katana's ties to Duke are heavy.

The other point of contention lies in why Katana having any ties with 3 different Black characters (each in different ways and to different extents) should be considered relevantly noteworthy at all. This type of questioning doesn't happen in the same and considerably more expansive scenarios where the characters are White.
    hit the nail right on the head

currently following:

Yeah hopefully we do not lose his work on Batman if that Black Panther rumor is true, that being that he’s supposedly taking over the ongoing. He can do both, Id just hate to see it end without him completing his vision for Jace.
    DC doesn’t have exclusive contracts, so unless Marvel makes him sign one to do BP there’s nothing stopping him from doing both like Taylor.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/