Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I would've bought that comic .

But Jace Fox: Outsider also works for a title. He could do the Jessica Jones route, no alias etc. A normal man fighting an abnormal underworld.
    That would depend on the kind of story Jace would be involved in honestly, if it was an interesting mini-series just for the heck of it I think it could be interesting.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That would depend on the kind of story Jace would be involved in honestly, if it was an interesting mini-series just for the heck of it I think it could be interesting.
    If it was like Grayson and then he went back to being the Next Batman I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm not interested in reading Jace as anything other than Batman. Just like how I wouldn't be interested in reading a Terry McGinnis book where he's not Batman Beyond.
    I guess I won't send you "my Terry becomes the next Ghostmaker" fanfic then XD.

Yeah me too. I think Tamaki's detective comics run would've been a good fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess I won't send you "my Terry becomes the next Ghostmaker" fanfic.

Yeah me too. I think Tamaki's detective comics run would've been a good fit for him.
    To be completely honest, if Jace wasn't Batman he'd end up just like the Signal and Batwing himself. At least this way he gets to bring Luke with him.

To be completely honest, if Jace wasn't Batman he'd end up just like the Signal and Batwing himself. At least this way he gets to bring Luke with him.
    Sadly enough that is kind of true, I like Batwing and the Signal but they aren't exactly big names. Heck people probably confuse them with Batman's plane and the bat-signal. Jace as Batman is at least a book seller that can catch people attention.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I actually kind of have to agree with this, Luke would be someone who simply changed their identity from Batwing to Batman which can always be changed back as we have seen before. Where as Jace is being built from the ground up to start as Batman, so he will have never been anything else (unless we reference that odd vulture story).
    Unless he gets a post-Batman identity. Which is always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless he gets a post-Batman identity. Which is always possible.
    This is like the forum equivalent of a jump-scare. If DC wants worse sales, they can go ahead, but Terry McGinnis should do it first. I want to read Nightwing Beyond already, it's time, DC. Get Dan DiDio as editor.

This is like the forum equivalent of a jump-scare. If DC wants worse sales, they can go ahead, but Terry McGinnis should do it first. I want to read Nightwing Beyond already, it's time, DC. Get Dan DiDio as editor.
    I forget if one of the Beyond comics actually had a Nightwing Beyond (that wasn't just older Dick). I remember Robin and Batgirl (Batwoman?) Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget if one of the Beyond comics actually had a Nightwing Beyond (that wasn't just older Dick). I remember Robin and Batgirl (Batwoman?) Beyond.
    Nah, they haven't. Terry should be Nightwing Beyond, make it an ongoing, Dan DiDio wrote Sideways so bring him back so he can write it. I think he'd do a terrific job, he's always been appreciative of the Nightwing character.

Ultimate Member

Is it???

Rhodey was Iron Man twice before becoming War Machine.

Steel while not called Supeman did have a long 50+ issue run.

A lot of the time especially with POC-we don't get a follow up or writers who don't care for certain characters get hired. Notice we don't see Duke running around anymore. And his folks got gased by the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Is it???

Rhodey was Iron Man twice before becoming War Machine.

Steel while not called Supeman did have a long 50+ issue run.

A lot of the time especially with POC-we don't get a follow up or writers who don't care for certain characters get hired. Notice we don't see Duke running around anymore. And his folks got gased by the Joker.
    I dunno what you think I meant, but yeah, I didn't really like that idea. You already said why Steel isn't the same in this situation, but as for Rhodey, did he ever have his own series? Because characters taking over an already ongoing run is a common indicator of what is meant to be temporary.

Yeah, that's my point, Jace not being Batman would make him end up like The Signal and Batwing. The Next Batman: Second Son is probably the most substantial representation of the black community, especially in the Batman line, DC Comics has ever had outside of the Milestone books and I'd hate to see that be diminished for no good reason.

Nah, they haven't. Terry should be Nightwing Beyond, make it an ongoing, Dan DiDio wrote Sideways so bring him back so he can write it. I think he'd do a terrific job, he's always been appreciative of the Nightwing character.
    Didn't Didio want to kill Dick off during Infinite Crisis?

Ultimate Member

Yes, I'm tired of the same circular arc. Jace not having a mantle to return to and being Batman alongside Bruce permanently is far more interesting.
    If you expect Jace to stay Batman long term, I got a bridge you might like

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I dunno what you're gonna say, but after Miles Morales and Wally West it's feasible. A little more than feasible since John Ridley confirmed it.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 04-13-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think they will drag it out as long as they can. DC and Marvel are slowly learning that for the most part, casual comic readers don't care if two characters have the same identity.

The in comic book reason can be is that Bruce believes that there should always be a Batman in Gotham and since a lot of times busy with Justice League business he doesn't mind someone who seems to share his principles pick up the slack.