Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Because you dont understand how the law in Gotham works. Its a revolving door.
    One thing's for sure, I understand that you're trolling!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jace should still serve his prison sentence for his wrong doing.

There is no kind of "guilt complex" that should make you avoid punishment from the law.

You should go to juvie for killing me with your bad jokes.

Damian is a son of a Demon. The law in Gotham doesnt work on him. Bruce steers Damian away from his murderous past.

We talk about Gotham where the law is ineffective.
    So what exactly makes Jace special? If you have to be a Bat to get away with crime while being a good person, wouldn't it then make sense in your eyes that Jace is becoming Batman and, therefore, one of the exceptions? I'm just saying, if the law is ineffective in Gotham, why is it only Jace that you think needs to go to prison? This is also ignoring that Bruce, even prior to the current status quo, is committing obstruction of justice, breaking and entering, battery, and other crimes daily. Maybe he should go to prison first lol.

Anyways, I've been kinda quiet about this book, really just waiting for it to get to Jace's origin and it doesn't disappoint. Like this is really interesting stuff, stuff I didn't expect to see in a Batman book, and it really sets up Jace to be a very different person under the cowl, which I'm a huge fan of. I wasn't sure how deeply Jace's relationships with his parents would be delved into when the book first started, but I'm glad it's being explored instead of just alluded to, so that's a another thing this book is doing right.

BANNED

You should go to juvie for killing me with your bad jokes.
    How is serving a prison sentence for one's crime a bad joke?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    This is also ignoring that Bruce, even prior to the current status quo, is committing obstruction of justice, breaking and entering, battery, and other crimes daily.
    Bruce does break the law but there is one thing that seperates him from Jace is that Bruce is breaking the law as a vigilante that fights against crime while Jace broke the law as a victimizer.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-28-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

Damian is a son of a Demon. The law in Gotham doesnt work on him. Bruce steers Damian away from his murderous past.

Cass murdered a guy in Macau when she was not an adult.

We talk about Gotham where the law is ineffective.
    Gonna defend my favorite character here for a sec.

Cass killed a man when she was eight, yes. But she had no concept of morality, society or even language. She literally had no way of knowing what she was doing was wrong, and when she understood the consequences of her actions, fled the man who instigated the murder.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think my enjoyment of the book will grow greatly with the utilization of the ignore feature

I think a ton of people hate the slower storytelling. Personally, I prefer Bat-Mite to be the Next Batman, he's the only one who understands the symbol.
    Oh I get it. Reading digitally I really felt it was starting to drag and draw out the reason Tim left, but the last two/three issues have really ramped things up.

There is no kind of "guilt complex" that should make you avoid punishment from the law.
    Jace is gonna be Batman who’s above little things like laws so it’s all good.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Oh I get it. Reading digitally I really felt it was starting to drag and draw out the reason Tim left, but the last two/three issues have really ramped things up.
    I like that we finally what exactly happened after the accident and why was sent to a boarding school. It all makes sense now.
    Honestly my main complaint so far is the art, it's so subpar it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I like that we finally what exactly happened after the accident and why was sent to a boarding school. It all makes sense now.
    Honestly my main complaint so far is the art, it's so subpar it's sad.
    Yeah some of those faces in the school were down right awful, especially if this when we first meet Vol.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

In general people don’t go to prison for causing car accidents, even when people are seriously injured. Alcohol would be the biggest exception. Depending on the laws of whatever state Gotham is in, Tim probably would have been cited for, at worst, reckless driving for being on his phone. Leaving the scene is of course a crime, and he would face consequences for that, but they’re not sending a teenager for an extended prison sentence over that.

It’s a nuanced scenario. Clearly Tim was in the wrong, and realized it pretty quickly. Lucius and Tanya tried, successfully in part, to shield him from the consequences. One can debate the parenting technique, but the points Lucius raised were not unfair. He didn’t want to see his kid get crucified for what was, after all, an accident. By the time Tim came to him, the wrong had already been done, and there was no way to undo it. At that point it’s about managing the consequences, so that’s what he did.
    Cheers - CL

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    In general people don’t go to prison for causing car accidents, even when people are seriously injured. Alcohol would be the biggest exception. Depending on the laws of whatever state Gotham is in, Tim probably would have been cited for, at worst, reckless driving for being on his phone. Leaving the scene is of course a crime, and he would face consequences for that, but they’re not sending a teenager for an extended prison sentence over that.

It’s a nuanced scenario. Clearly Tim was in the wrong, and realized it pretty quickly. Lucius and Tanya tried, successfully in part, to shield him from the consequences. One can debate the parenting technique, but the points Lucius raised were not unfair. He didn’t want to see his kid get crucified for what was, after all, an accident. By the time Tim came to him, the wrong had already been done, and there was no way to undo it. At that point it’s about managing the consequences, so that’s what he did.
    I think everyone except prepmaster under stands that.

Incredible Member

"Took you long enough..."
    TBH you held out a long while. Longer than I would've.