Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Mind if I ask what problems you may be having?
    Not at all. I suppose I am just used to a more consistent format. The debut series felt like it was cut short and then we moved onto the digital-first series. It just sort of seems all over the map. Also felt like Derington was supposed to do all the pencils before the book was rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Not at all. I suppose I am just used to a more consistent format. The debut series felt like it was cut short and then we moved onto the digital-first series. It just sort of seems all over the map. Also felt like Derington was supposed to do all the pencils before the book was rushed.
    I guess that would be a problem consider future state basically with no explanation or context starts and stops a story midway. Basically you should focus on all of this as that the current digital series may one day catch up to how Jace was in that story but that this is how he gets to be Batman that he was in the future state stories. But yeah not having one consistent story I can see being a problem for trying to get into Next Batman.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-13-2021 at 09:41 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Future State shouldn't be considered a debut story, for all intents and purposes The Next Batman: Second Son is Jace's debut in main continuity.

Seems to have been a mistake on today's digital issue : I received the ten all over again ^^'

I guess it'll be corrected soon enough however !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Seems to have been a mistake on today's digital issue : I received the ten all over again ^^'

I guess it'll be corrected soon enough however !
    Same, and it really sucks since this is the final issue where he probably gets the batsuit. I've sent an email to customer service and now I wait.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Same, and it really sucks since this is the final issue where he probably gets the batsuit. I've sent an email to customer service and now I wait.
    Think I should do it too? Or they'll change it for all people by themselves ?

Think I should do it too? Or they'll change it for all people by themselves ?
    I mean hey squeaky wheel gets the grease right
    Words to live by.

Yeah, sure... I just need to find how to fill a complain on Comixology now XD

Yeah, sure... I just need to find how to fill a complain on Comixology now XD
    I googled comixology customer service, others have @ on Twitter
    Words to live by.

ITS FIXED, review up later.
    Words to live by.

Last digital issue everyone, I know there were some problems with the issue itself but it’s been fixed and now we got how the fox family will move forward in this brave new era. By the way nothing was announced at the end but I have a feeling we will hear something for Jace in the foreseeable future, but given Ridley just took over Black Panther we will see if he’s staying on.

Anyway it’s the fallout from last issues fight, Jace is hurt and going over what he found in the courier bag while his family argues about him because he couldn’t hide he got stabbed. Luke is once again yelling about Jace but Tiffany goes in on him hard, maybe a bit too brutally, about Luke’s own shortcomings and how he failed Tam during the ratcatcher story which looks like it hits Luke hard too the point it looks like he might be hanging up the Batwing suit. As for Tiffany it looks like she’s going down the road that leads her to be Jace’s sidekick as seen in Batman: black & white.

As for Jace he gets a bit confused, because the courier only had fake licenses for extreme left leaning criminals and radicals. But Jace doesn’t have long because Vol finds the secret sub basement that we saw in Joker War and it all ends with Jace finding the Bat-armory with the words the beginning. He doesn’t get to suit up but it’s pretty clear he’s going to make use of that armory and we don’t get a sense of all that is in it besides what looks like a makeshift suit.

But while Jace is the ending I think the most important part is Lucius himself and basically Simon Saint has come to him to get him to find the magistrate as seen in Future State, and he gives him a speech that basically appeals to what has caused the central conflict of this series, which is that Lucius feels the need to protect his family by any means necessary and while we don’t get an answer Lucius gives a very serious look that can’t be good.

Anyway I enjoyed this origins mini and had a fun time reading, I can’t wait to see what comes next.
    Words to live by.

So frustrating ! I won't more ! I want so much more of Jace and him donning the actual suit and dealing with the rot in his family !

Damn it, mister Ridely, give me more !

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That was one clunky ass looking bat armor

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That was one clunky ass looking bat armor
    Yeah my hope is that there is a better suit in the armory somewhere else. He had such a good suit in Future State they really shouldn’t mess with the look.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-18-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    Words to live by.

Anyway it’s the fallout from last issues fight, Jace is hurt and going over what he found in the courier bag while his family argues about him because he couldn’t hide he got stabbed. Luke is once again yelling about Jace but Tiffany goes in on him hard, maybe a bit too brutally, about Luke’s own shortcomings and how he failed Tam during the ratcatcher story which looks like it hits Luke hard too the point it looks like he might be hanging up the Batwing suit. As for Tiffany it looks like she’s going down the road that leads her to be Jace’s sidekick as seen in Batman: black & white.
    No, not too brutal. As I said in the Fox Family Appreciation thread, reading Luke in this series has made me glad he got shot on Batwoman. He's terrible.