Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    He didn’t want to see his kid get crucified for what was, after all, an accident. By the time Tim came to him, the wrong had already been done, and there was no way to undo it. At that point it’s about managing the consequences, so that’s what he did.
    Tim didnt tell the whole truth. Of all of what has happened. He was an accomplice with his dad who also didnt tell the truth. They all cover up about what Tim did. Thats a crime.

Anything can be an accident. I accidentally pull a trigger. Does that make me less guilty? Does that make me not a victimizer?

A man was killed and your response is like "It was only an accident. Therefore a cover up is understandable".
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-29-2021 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Tim didnt tell the whole truth. Of all of what has happened. He was an accomplice with his dad who also didnt tell the truth. They all cover up about what Tim did. Thats a crime.

Anything can be an accident. I accidentally pull a trigger. Does that make me less guilty? Does that make me not a victimizer?

A man was killed and your response is like "It was only an accident. Therefore a cover up is understandable".
    Nah. No one is saying no one died after all. And there was no coverup, he told exactly what led to the accident and the results therefore. Try again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Nah. No one is saying no one died after all. And there was no coverup, he told exactly what led to the accident and the results therefore. Try again.
    He didnt tell the whole truth. His father tried his best to make the victim look like he had it coming, destroyed the reputation of a dead guy and Tim went along with it.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-29-2021 at 11:26 AM.

He didnt tell the whole truth. His father tried his best to make the victim look like he had it coming, destroyed the reputation of a dead guy and Tim went along with it.
    Chapter 8 was all about Jace telling the entire truth at the deposition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Chapter 8 was all about Jace telling the entire truth at the deposition.
    Chapter 9 is about him going along with Lucius Fox in slandering a victim killed in a hit and run by Tim. If you go with NY state law, a hit and run can result between months and a year of prison sentence.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-29-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Chapter 9 is about him going along with Lucius Fox in slandering a victim killed in a hit and run by Tim. If you go with NY state law, a hit and run can result between months and a year of prison sentence.
    That's irrelevant, Chapter 9 takes place a decade before Chapter 8. He tells the truth.

BANNED

That's irrelevant, Chapter 9 takes place a decade before Chapter 8. He tells the truth.
    Not really. He didnt tell them about how his dad slandered a victim. Then how he never paid for his crime for a decade.

Not really. He didnt tell them about how his dad slandered a victim. Then how he never paid for his crime for a decade.
    Actually, he explicitly tells them how he went to Lucius for help. Also, Jace committing manslaughter was already publicly known.

BANNED

Actually, he explicitly tells them how he went to Lucius for help. Also, Jace committing manslaughter was already publicly known.
    By slandering the victim, what Lucius Fox did was making Tim look like he was not committing a hit and run.

"Tim didnt run"

By slandering the victim, what Lucius Fox did was making Tim look like he was not committing a hit and run.

"Tim didnt run"
    They didn't just slander the victim, they leaked his prior record of beating up his wife.

Then they used that to concoct a story that "Tim didn't run, he was afraid to stop."

They didn't just slander the victim, they leaked his prior record of beating up his wife.

Then they used that to concoct a story that "Tim didn't run, he was afraid to stop."
    Yea it’s not slander if it’s true.

Dirty pool? Somewhat, maybe. But not slander.
    Cheers - CL

Alright well we are reaching the end game now, as this is chapter 10 of 12. We are now making our way out of the past of Tim and into the future state of Next Batman, because things start to happen.

We see Simon Saint and the Mayor approach Lucius, no doubt to talk to him about helping to fund the magistrate program. Jace can personally see trouble coming a mile away with Saint though. However he doesn’t have time to deal with that because he’s going after the Courier woman he’s been tracking and he does a good job taking out her help....until she reveals that she knows he’s been watching her and that she also been keeping an eye on him and stabs him and let’s him know that he still has no idea what he’s gotten himself into. But don’t worry my fellow readers because a certain Batman associate with a sword and a retconned history with Jace has appeared to save the day and maybe collect a few souls.....look she’s on a variant cover it’s Katana alright. Katana of the outsiders and Suicide Squad has shown up to help Jace and must know him because she calls him Jace-San.

In all fairness while the drama was interesting in the last few issues it is nice to see Jace go into action and show off his Porto-Batman skills, and honestly he should keep that baton amongst his gadgets. Human drama is nice but eventually we got to get to some action, and the addition of Katana should definitely add some much needed action.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Aha so Jace crossed paths with Katana in his earlier years, let's see how this will develop, perhaps Jace has learnt some moves from Katana.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I just realized it's a bit of funny timing if they start Jace's monthly Batman book in August since they just launched Jon's Superman book in July. Also, Tynion said in his newsletter yesterday "this month" we will start to see more of how everything is connecting in the bat books. Wonder how that connects to Jace.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I just realized it's a bit of funny timing if they start Jace's monthly Batman book in August since they just launched Jon's Superman book in July. Also, Tynion said in his newsletter yesterday "this month" we will start to see more of how everything is connecting in the bat books. Wonder how that connects to Jace.
    I mean Second Son ends this month with digital chapter 12, that’s about two weeks, so I’m assuming whatever Next Batman plans they have will need to be announced soon and I’d have to assume they play into the Magistrate/Future State.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.