Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    They are really villifying Lucius in this book, honestly wonder how he even gets back in a good light.
    I think people understand a father crossing certain lines to protect their son

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think people understand a father crossing certain lines to protect their son
    Covering your son for a crime while helping Batman as a crime fighter? Dont you see the contradiction within the character?

Dont defend this kind of character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Covering your son for a crime while helping Batman as a crime fighter? Dont you see the contradiction within the character?

Batman has worked with literal murderers...

if you can't see the reasoning in a father trying to protect his son by any means necessary, that seems more like a you problem. that's not character assassination, it's realism in narrative, let's dial it back.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Batman has worked with literal murderers...

if you can't see the reasoning in a father trying to protect his son by any means necessary, that seems more like a you problem. that's not character assassination, it's realism in narrative, let's dial it back.
    Batman wants to stop them from murdering more people or help himself out of a hard situation.

Even when his adopted son Jason crosses the line, Batman will come for him. Thats who Batman is. The line is why Batman vs Red Hood exists. Once you kill someone for a non self defense purpose, Batman sees you being like the criminal that shot his parents. Its why Batman is very driven to fight against villains.

If Batman can work with murderers casually like you said, there is no such thing as Batman vs Red Hood.

Lucius Fox is a thief who steals Bruce's fortune and an accomplice with his criminal son. His son Jace is a thief who steals Batman symbol instead of serving prison sentence. You feel guilty yet avoid punishment from the law. Guilt complex my ass. What a thieving, traitorous family.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-27-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    They are really villifying Lucius in this book, honestly wonder how he even gets back in a good light.
    He seems on track to becoming a villain/antagonist, although moreso for Jace than for Bruce.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

You act like Damien hasn't killed people before, and Bruce was like "Eh, again?"

And really, helping his boss break the law and helping his son break the law aren't contradictions at all. They compliment each other very nicely, actually.

As far as he goes for Bruce, he wouldn't go just as far fro his son?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Batman wants to stop them from murdering more people or help himself out of a hard situation.

Even when his adopted son Jason crosses the line, Batman will come for him. Thats who Batman is. The line is why Batman vs Red Hood exists. Once you kill someone for a non self defense purpose, Batman sees you being like the criminal that shot his parents. Its why Batman is very driven to fight against villains.

If Batman can work with murderers casually like you said, there is no such thing as Batman vs Red Hood.

Lucius Fox is a thief who steals Bruce's fortune and an accomplice with his criminal son. His son Jace is a thief who steals Batman symbol instead of serving prison sentence. You feel guilty yet avoid punishment from the law. Guilt complex my ass. What a thieving, traitorous family.
    You seem to be taking this really personally...you know this is a fictional story, right?

Just say what you really want to say, dude, we all know what your real problem is. You're mad that you didn't get the Fortnite/Batman code!

Ultimate Member

I say this as a compliment to the story, and indictment against most of the current Bat-line, but it was nice to see a grounded, emotional story that didn't involve some over the top character trying to be the next big thing.

The story was gray, human and engaging. Not noir by any stretch, but it was a nice change from the superhero only Batman

I say this as a compliment to the story, and indictment against most of the current Bat-line, but it was nice to see a grounded, emotional story that didn't involve some over the top character trying to be the next big thing.

The story was gray, human and engaging. Not noir by any stretch, but it was a nice change from the superhero only Batman
    Ditto. Really appreciate the storytelling in this. It’s deeper than just “here’s a new guy who’s Batman now”. It’s telling the kind of stories that only a character not named Bruce Wayne could tell in a very different way than most of the current line.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Ditto. Really appreciate the storytelling in this. It’s deeper than just “here’s a new guy who’s Batman now”. It’s telling the kind of stories that only a character not named Bruce Wayne could tell in a very different way than most of the current line.
    I think a ton of people hate the slower storytelling. Personally, I prefer Bat-Mite to be the Next Batman, he's the only one who understands the symbol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think a ton of people hate the slower storytelling. Personally, I prefer Bat-Mite to be the Next Batman, he's the only one who understands the symbol.
    The symbol that violates due process and breaks the law on a daily basis?

Within reason .

Yes. And to clarify, Second Son gets a lot of flack because it's slower paced. It doesn't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I was enjoying it but I have to admit until the last two issues I was thinking there wasn’t really many interesting ideas baked into Jace. He just seemed like a decent if distant guy and Batman needs some kind of emotional trauma/injustice to work. Having Jace be the cause of said injustice instead of the recipient really works for me. I was expecting a cliche like “his war buddies died on a mission” or something similar but this is waaay more interesting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/