Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was enjoying it but I have to admit until the last two issues I was thinking there wasn’t really many interesting ideas baked into Jace. He just seemed like a decent if distant guy and Batman needs some kind of emotional trauma/injustice to work. Having Jace be the cause of said injustice instead of the recipient really works for me. I was expecting a cliche like “his war buddies died on a mission” or something similar but this is waaay more interesting.
    This was revealed in Future State: The Next Batman #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    This was revealed in Future State: The Next Batman #2.
    Yeah but we didn't know the details, just that Jace had a problem with potential traffic victims. Hell the big this for me isn't what Jace did, it's what happened after he told Lucius.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Just wondering, is Future Slate a certain thing? I thought it was just the usual Days of Future Past thing

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just wondering, is Future Slate a certain thing? I thought it was just the usual Days of Future Past thing
    It's weird, see the best way I heard it phrased is that stuff from Future State can happen but not everything will happen. So for example Tynion has indicated that in the present day we will see the formation of the magistrate and the first modern appearance of Peacekeeper 1, but that doesn't mean it will reach the point that it does in the Future State books. Or say the Superman books where we see Jon is going to be Superman but that doesn't mean he will bottle metropolis.

In Second Son we are seeing Jace become Batman like he was in Future State, but that doesn't mean we necessarily get Jace where he becomes the main Batman of gotham and the Justice League. The present day version of Jace may be very different or wind up in a different place.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Jace should serve his prison sentence first before stealing a symbol of justice like Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Jace should serve his prison sentence first before stealing a symbol of justice like Batman.
    As soon as Bruce serves his prison sentence for child neglect.

BANNED

As soon as Bruce serves his prison sentence for child neglect.
    Two wrongs dont make one right. We are talking about Jace here.

Two wrongs dont make one right. We are talking about Jace here.
    We'll talk about Jace after Damian Wayne and Cassandra Cain serve their sentences for murder. Oh, and Jason Todd too, right? A bit iffy on that last one.

BANNED

We'll talk about Jace after Damian Wayne and Cassandra Cain serve their sentences for murder. Oh, and Jason Todd too, right? A bit iffy on that last one.
    No what does that mean? Jace having to pay for his crimes has nothing to do with others having to pay for their crimes. Why bring in others?

Are you defending a wrong doing of Jace by listing bunch of people that get away with their wrong doings ?

You know why the law exists? To prevent other people from causing an accident like Jace did.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-28-2021 at 12:54 PM.

No what does that mean? Jace having to pay for his crimes has nothing to do with others having to pay for their crimes. Why bring in others?

Are you defending a wrong doing of Jace by listing bunch of people that get away with their wrong doings ?

You know why the law exists? To prevent other people from causing an accident like Jace did.
    'Cause you never said anything about the other Bat-Family "criminals." Keep that same anger for actual murderers.

BANNED

'Cause you never said anything about the other Bat-Family "criminals." Keep that same anger for actual murderers.
    Oh the concept of Batman and Batfam only work because Gotham is a corrupted hellhole where crimes are rampant so vigilantes are tolerated (especially vigilantes that work with GCPD closely like Batman). Batman and Batfam are the exception, not the norm. In a more realistic world, they would not be able to keep their secret identities and get put in jail by the police after committing some offences.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-28-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Oh the concept of Batman and Batfam only work because Gotham is a corrupted hellhole where crimes are rampant so vigilantes are tolerated (especially vigilantes that work with GCPD closely like Batman). Batman and Batfam are the exception, not the norm. In a more realistic world, they would not be able to keep their secret identities and get put in jail by the police after committing some offences.
    Uh, I'm talking about Damian and Cass, actual murderers before they joined the Bat-Family.

BANNED

Uh, I'm talking about Damian and Cass, actual murderers before they joined the Bat-Family.
    Damian is a son of a Demon. The law in Gotham doesnt work on him. Bruce steers Damian away from his murderous past.

Cass murdered a guy in Macau when she was not an adult.

We talk about Gotham where the law is ineffective.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-28-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Damian is a son of a Demon. The law in Gotham doesnt work on him. Bruce steers Damian away from his murderous past.

We talk about Gotham where the law is ineffective.
    That made no sense. Your trolling is losing effectiveness!

BANNED

That made no sense. Your trolling is losing effectiveness!
    Because you dont understand how the law in Gotham works. It has made prisons become revolving door for rich criminals.