Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm glad there was so much acknowledgment towards the Batwing series in this issue. I read Batwing monthly and was surprised by the end of the run to how attached I was to Luke and how sad I felt to see Tamara get injured so horrifically. When it was all ignored in Tynion's Tec, I wasn't exactly angry, but it did irk me quite a bit.

Anyway - cool issue and a surprisingly good series overall so far.

Final two pages of issue 4;
    So does this mean Jace is no longer mad at his dad anymore or is he bluffing in order to obtain materials from Foxtech?

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Final two pages of issue 4;
    So does this mean Jace is no longer mad at his dad anymore or is he bluffing in order to obtain materials from Foxtech?
    I'm assuming bluffing. Jace has shown to have a real problem with his dad, so I assume only 4 issues in that he's playing Lucius instead of actually being nice to his father. Though I can also see how this plays into his becoming Batman, because the solicits tease Jace is a hacker and I would guess that while he is at Foxtech he finds Batman stuff in his dads logs.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-16-2021 at 08:30 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm assuming bluffing. Jace has shown to have a real problem with his dad, so I assume only 4 issues in that he's playing Lucius instead of actually being nice to his father. Though I can also see how this plays into his becoming Batman, because the solicits tease Jace is a hacker and I would guess that while he is at Foxtech he finds Batman stuff in his dads logs.
    Aah, that makes sense. Why can't Jace and his dad just talk it out lol.

Going off of Future State I guess Jace and Luke aren’t going to end up reconciling which is a shame. I hope we learn what it was that caused the division between Jace and the rest because I agree, it’s getting old seeing Ridley kind of dance around it. I’m very curious to know what is Jace’s “Bat through the window” moment where he realizes he needs/wants to become Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Going off of Future State I guess Jace and Luke aren’t going to end up reconciling which is a shame. I hope we learn what it was that caused the division between Jace and the rest because I agree, it’s getting old seeing Ridley kind of dance around it. I’m very curious to know what is Jace’s “Bat through the window” moment where he realizes he needs/wants to become Batman.
    True regarding FS, but then again who's to say it won't change by that time.
    I doubt all FS stories are "set in stone" and that they are building up to that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of Infinite Frontier that there are infinite possibilities and outcomes and that nothing is set in stone.
    Last edited by Eto; 03-17-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m very curious to know what is Jace’s “Bat through the window” moment where he realizes he needs/wants to become Batman.
    Yeah me too, I'm sure we'll get that moment in a few months.
    What if it's a reverse "Bat through the window" moment, where it's Jace that stumbles upon a cauldron of bats. lol.

BANNED

I never like the idea of another random guy just putting on the cowl. It cheapens Batman as a symbol. A guy with with no knowledge of how Batman does his job, with no backstory that proves himself as an equal to Bruce in many fields (detective, h2h fighter, etc...) can just walk in and be an effective Batman as Bruce. If Bruce cant do it, Dick would always make more sense to me to because he is the most experienced Robin and what matters more is that he understands what Batman truly is.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-18-2021 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    I never like the idea of another random guy just putting on the cowl. It cheapens Batman as a symbol. A guy with with no knowledge of how Batman does his job, with no backstory that proves himself as an equal to Bruce in many fields (detective, h2h fighter, etc...) can just walk in and be an effective Batman as Bruce. If Bruce cant do it, Dick would always make more sense to me to because he is the most experienced Robin and what matters more is that he understands what Batman truly is.
    Either Dick or Damian should don the cowl, that would make the most sense IMHO.

You know I think the reason I like Jace as Batman and believe he has a bit of longevity is because no one told him he could be Batman or he was never expected to be Batman. I like Dick as Batman, those were some fun years, but it was predicated on the fact that he shouldered the responsibility because everyone but Tim believed Bruce was dead.

Here we have a character who for his own reasons and without any permission decides he is going to be Batman. Obviously he has a connection to Bruce but it’s tangential at best through Lucius.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's a bit slow moving but the drama is really well done and the character work is really strong

Here we have a character who for his own reasons and without any permission decides he is going to be Batman. Obviously he has a connection to Bruce but it’s tangential at best through Lucius.
    That doesn't really sound like a good justification for him as Batman, in my personal opinion, but I guess it is a different take.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That doesn't really sound like a good justification for him as Batman, in my personal opinion, but I guess it is a different take.
    I just mean that it is a little like Miles Morales, where Miles was inspired by Peter once he suited up but his origins were not 100% tied into who Peter is but who Miles was (his uncle being a thief who got his hands on the spider that bit Miles). Here Jace was inspired by Batman but his own personal origins are not so interconnected with Bruce's that he is heavily reliant on being part of Bruce's life. Like if you wanted to make a Jace Fox movie, you could technically do it without Bruce Wayne playing any part in it besides the fact he existed as Batman whereas if we had Dick Grayson as Batman movie it would be reliant of Dick's history with Bruce. If that all makes sense.
    Words to live by.

I just mean that it is a little like Miles Morales, where Miles was inspired by Peter once he suited up but his origins were not 100% tied into who Peter is but who Miles was (his uncle being a thief who got his hands on the spider that bit Miles). Here Jace was inspired by Batman but his own personal origins are not so interconnected with Bruce's that he is heavily reliant on being part of Bruce's life. Like if you wanted to make a Jace Fox movie, you could technically do it without Bruce Wayne playing any part in it besides the fact he existed as Batman whereas if we had Dick Grayson as Batman movie it would be reliant of Dick's history with Bruce. If that all makes sense.
    Why am I suddenly reminded of Ryan Wilder...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why am I suddenly reminded of Ryan Wilder...
    Valid comparison, except we aren't writing off Bruce for Jace.
    Words to live by.