Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 201
  1. #31
    Incredible Member prepmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Valid comparison, except we aren't writing off Bruce for Jace.
    It would be a hard sell to me to make Jace as much of a good detective as Bruce.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Is this part of current continuity (as in happening at the same time/in the same world as Tynion's run)?

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Is this part of current continuity (as in happening at the same time/in the same world as Tynion's run)?
    Yes, 100% in continuity. This is literally after the events of Joker War and it references the events of A-day from Infinite Frontier #0
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yes, 100% in continuity. This is literally after the events of Joker War and it references the events of A-day from Infinite Frontier #0
    Thank you!

  5. #35

    Default

    I like Tim as a character and I'd probably be reading him if he wasn't Batman. Him not having much connection to Bruce and the others is part of the appeal.

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Ah, another tuesday another week closer to the next Batman. What goes on this week? Basically Luke Batwinging and Jace proto-Batmaning, its the Fox brothers doing separate super heroics and family vengeance with this issue.

    Luke is gunning for the Rat-catcher trying to cure his sister Tamara but runs into a bit of trouble with rat-catchers army of the poor who look ready to beat down on Luke.

    As for Jace he finds out some paparazzi/internet celebrity wannabe broke in to Tamara's hospital room and posted pictures of her in the hospital on social media. Jace of course doesn't take kindly to that so he masks up and goes to teach the man a lesson about privacy.

    Outside the action we actually have two scenes that get into the legality in Gotham. First is Lucius and his wife who actually lets us know a little about Jace's legal situation, because it turns out the Fox's did handle Jace's legal problems and indicates that the only reason that Jace's problems have come back up is because the Foxes are now Bruce Wayne level rich. That to me is an interesting thought and actually makes a lot of sense considering Jace was 17 when his accident happened and I doubt Lucius has been stalling legal proceedings for 10 years or so.

    The other scene is Montaya talking to the new detectives and its basically just establishing that the police are not to work with masked vigilantes anymore which was to be expected but its interesting getting one of the new detectives feelings on it, which is basically "yeah I am sure that will last, wait until cases pile up" and honestly I think that is actually a fair point to make considering how long Batman has actually worked with the city of Gotham and how its probably changed the legal system in a way.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  7. #37
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    Have they explained what it is that Jace did, exactly? Or are they still dragging that out?

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Have they explained what it is that Jace did, exactly? Or are they still dragging that out?
    Still dragging, hints have happened but nothing explicit.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Alright well this is pretty much an all Luke Fox issue, and if I had to say I think this would be the story that would get Luke hang up the wings like he did in Future State.

    See it picks up from last issue where Luke is confronting Ratcatcher, but Ratcatcher has an army with tools and guns (including a high powered rifle that can pierce Luke's suit). However things only get worse when Police get word and storm Ratcatcher's base, because the police shoot and I believe kill Ratcatcher. Luke honestly only gets away because that new Detective who was complaining about how they will just work with them again later just lets him go. So with Ratcatcher dead, Luke comes back home empty handed and Tiffany is upset with him and hugs Jace out of grief, because the one possible chance of a cure for Tamara is now gone.

    I got to say that I really do think this will make Luke hang up the batwing suit, because no doubt character wise this is a failure to him and it hurt the people closet to him. His former best friend recruited Rat Catcher, who then kidnapped his sisters and caused Tamara to go into a medical coma, after hoping that she can get better she later relapses and the only hope for helping his sister is dead now thanks to the police and crushing the hope that his sister Tiffany had. If that is not enough to seriously get Luke to think about hanging up the cowl I don't know, but this is definitely a very rough moment for him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  10. #40
    Fantastic Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright well this is pretty much an all Luke Fox issue, and if I had to say I think this would be the story that would get Luke hang up the wings like he did in Future State.

    See it picks up from last issue where Luke is confronting Ratcatcher, but Ratcatcher has an army with tools and guns (including a high powered rifle that can pierce Luke's suit). However things only get worse when Police get word and storm Ratcatcher's base, because the police shoot and I believe kill Ratcatcher. Luke honestly only gets away because that new Detective who was complaining about how they will just work with them again later just lets him go. So with Ratcatcher dead, Luke comes back home empty handed and Tiffany is upset with him and hugs Jace out of grief, because the one possible chance of a cure for Tamara is now gone.

    I got to say that I really do think this will make Luke hang up the batwing suit, because no doubt character wise this is a failure to him and it hurt the people closet to him. His former best friend recruited Rat Catcher, who then kidnapped his sisters and caused Tamara to go into a medical coma, after hoping that she can get better she later relapses and the only hope for helping his sister is dead now thanks to the police and crushing the hope that his sister Tiffany had. If that is not enough to seriously get Luke to think about hanging up the cowl I don't know, but this is definitely a very rough moment for him.
    True, but he has an upcoming Batman: Urban Legends story. And main continuity definitely won't go the exact same way as Future State.

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    True, but he has an upcoming Batman: Urban Legends story. And main continuity definitely won't go the exact same way as Future State.
    No i get that, I just expect that this will have a pretty big impact on Luke, given his closeness to what is happening to his sister and his inability to fix it.

    Edit: Also I think Ridley just introduced the comic version of Ratcatcher 2 from the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-30-2021 at 10:14 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright well this is pretty much an all Luke Fox issue, and if I had to say I think this would be the story that would get Luke hang up the wings like he did in Future State.

    See it picks up from last issue where Luke is confronting Ratcatcher, but Ratcatcher has an army with tools and guns (including a high powered rifle that can pierce Luke's suit). However things only get worse when Police get word and storm Ratcatcher's base, because the police shoot and I believe kill Ratcatcher. Luke honestly only gets away because that new Detective who was complaining about how they will just work with them again later just lets him go. So with Ratcatcher dead, Luke comes back home empty handed and Tiffany is upset with him and hugs Jace out of grief, because the one possible chance of a cure for Tamara is now gone.

    I got to say that I really do think this will make Luke hang up the batwing suit, because no doubt character wise this is a failure to him and it hurt the people closet to him. His former best friend recruited Rat Catcher, who then kidnapped his sisters and caused Tamara to go into a medical coma, after hoping that she can get better she later relapses and the only hope for helping his sister is dead now thanks to the police and crushing the hope that his sister Tiffany had. If that is not enough to seriously get Luke to think about hanging up the cowl I don't know, but this is definitely a very rough moment for him.
    IIRC, the guy who poisoned Tam was Luke's friend long before Luke became Batwing. So it's hardly like say, Green Goblin, though victim blaming gets old.

    Though him blaming himself is cliche, wouldn't surprise me if they went that route

  13. #43
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    IIRC, the guy who poisoned Tam was Luke's friend long before Luke became Batwing. So it's hardly like say, Green Goblin, though victim blaming gets old.

    Though him blaming himself is cliche, wouldn't surprise me if they went that route
    I donít think he would blame himself for her condition, but I do think he would feel some guilt. It was a personal connection of his that hurt Tam and when he tried to fix it this time he failed. Kind of like he knows he didnít cause it but heís still connected and he no longer has an option to help, if that makes sense.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  14. #44
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Poor Luke, while it may be a little cliche for Luke to blame himself it is understandable as a bigger brother that he would feel that he failed to protect his sister.

    Tiffany lashing out at Luke is also understandable she is hurting, but I can see this adding to Luke's feelings of failure.

  15. #45
    Incredible Member Eto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    720

    Default

    The writer is making the entire Fox family look bad, except Jace of course. all righty then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •