Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    The writer is making the entire Fox family look bad, except Jace of course. all righty then.
    Are we reading the same book? Luke didn't look bad...he just didn't succeed and given that his particular mission was to get a crazy supervillain to cough up an antidote well it's hardly surprising he didn't get what he wanted, nor is it unrealistic that Tiff reacted to Luke's failure the way she did.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Are we reading the same book? Luke didn't look bad...he just didn't succeed and given that his particular mission was to get a crazy supervillain to cough up an antidote well it's hardly surprising he didn't get what he wanted, nor is it unrealistic that Tiff reacted to Luke's failure the way she did.

Yeah, well I get but the writer could've handled it differently imo.

I'd say Tanya is the only one that looks bad. Her being supportive of the Magistrate feels forced at first. But she wasn't a fleshed character beforehand. She was defined as "supportive mom/wife". In fact her supporting the Magistrate does build on her previous experiences. Superheroes hurt her family indirectly so being supportive of the Magistrate is her way of helping her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Yeah, well I get but the writer could've handled it differently imo.
    I think he handled it perfectly. You get the concept that it's not Luke's fault, but given his tension with Jace, you also feel the emotional gut punch of Tiffany running to embrace him.

https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/04/09/...of-mediocrity/

I thought it was a decent critique of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/04/09/...of-mediocrity/

I thought it was a decent critique of the book.
    It sure is dramatic.

Alright after a week off we got a new issue, but its pretty much an all drama issue. I'm not kidding there is like one good butt kicking in the beginning with Jace hiring some fools to get whooped by his targets new security so that he can analyze her fighting style, but after that its pretty much all drama from everyone in this book; Luke and Lucius, Tanya and Jace, and even the police.

With Luke and Lucius, Lucius finds Luke sulking because he's down on himself after the ratcatcher incident and how it all ended, and basically it ends up in an argument that pretty much shows how Lucius is definitely not okay after what Punchline did to him in Joker War. That he is most certainly in need of therapy instead of trying to form the magistrate and hire grifter.

As for the police, one of the new detectives is pretty much hiding the fact he let Batwing get away but it causes issue with his partner who does not want to be caught up in his business. It also causes him to question his actions of what he will do if ordered to shoot a mask, so basically how someone may naturally react to anti-mask legislation.

As for Jace and his mother Tanya well its deposition time, and Tanya is not going into a legal battle without a fight. She creating subpoena's to block evidence and writing scripts for Jace...but of course Jace is having none of that. So the issue ends with Jace in court claiming that he will hold nothing back and will speak the truth because its the man he was raised to be. And thats how it ends, so guess what we still won't know what it is he did until next week.

Personally I liked this issue, I like the fact that Ridley is taking the time to explore actual relationships and how people are doing outside of the super heroics. Its a nice touch and I kind of appreciate it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Hopefully, we'll learn what exactly the issue is, instead of them constantly ducking it.

Kinda wish they made Luke the new Batman instead of Jace, though...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hopefully, we'll learn what exactly the issue is, instead of them constantly ducking it.

Kinda wish they made Luke the new Batman instead of Jace, though...
    If they made Luke the Next Batman he'd have ended up like Azrael and Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I actually kind of have to agree with this, Luke would be someone who simply changed their identity from Batwing to Batman which can always be changed back as we have seen before. Where as Jace is being built from the ground up to start as Batman, so he will have never been anything else (unless we reference that odd vulture story).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I actually kind of have to agree with this, Luke would be someone who simply changed their identity from Batwing to Batman which can always be changed back as we have seen before. Where as Jace is being built from the ground up to start as Batman, so he will have never been anything else (unless we reference that odd vulture story).
    Yep, and there's no way he'd go to being called the Vulture.

Ultimate Member

What, going back to his ID when Bruce returns? I don't see that being that bad, and he's the most qualified of the non-Robin heirs

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What, going back to his ID when Bruce returns? I don't see that being that bad, and he's the most qualified of the non-Robin heirs
    Yes, I'm tired of the same circular arc. Jace not having a mantle to return to and being Batman alongside Bruce permanently is far more interesting.

Yep, and there's no way he'd go to being called the Vulture.
    I would've bought that comic .

But Jace Fox: Outsider also works for a title. He could do the Jessica Jones route, no alias etc. A normal man fighting an abnormal underworld.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I would've bought that comic .

But Jace Fox: Outsider also works for a title. He could do the Jessica Jones route, no alias etc. A normal man fighting an abnormal underworld.
    I'm not interested in reading Jace as anything other than Batman. Just like how I wouldn't be interested in reading a Terry McGinnis book where he's not Batman Beyond.