Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Well, for all the people asking when Jace would become Batman... It's definitely happening in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Well, for all the people asking when Jace would become Batman... It's definitely happening in this series.

Not surprised at all, I assumed with Second Son being called his origins that he'd suit up by the end of it. Now the only question is does Jace get his own ongoing, another mini, or backup story and does Ridley still get to write him or is a new creative team taking over. I believe the rumor was a 12 issue mini for Jace.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not surprised at all, I assumed with Second Son being called his origins that he'd suit up by the end of it. Now the only question is does Jace get his own ongoing, another mini, or backup story and does Ridley still get to write him or is a new creative team taking over. I believe the rumor was a 12 issue mini for Jace.
    It's more than a rumor, DC announced it in an article. I assume they're just waiting for Second Son to end before they go more in-detail.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Gotta assume the 12 issues mini series will start in August right?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah I would assume either that or October, I'd assume they want to continue whatever good will they will build from the Second Son mini.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking/hoping for. It would make sense to capitalize on the end of Second Son and go right into The Next Batman.

It seems based on solicits and covers that Jace likely takes on the cowl right at the end of the miniseries. So I assume then the limited series will be focused on him adjusting to being Batman, how other characters react to his decision, and maybe building up some rogues of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking/hoping for. It would make sense to capitalize on the end of Second Son and go right into The Next Batman.

It seems based on solicits and covers that Jace likely takes on the cowl right at the end of the miniseries. So I assume then the limited series will be focused on him adjusting to being Batman, how other characters react to his decision, and maybe building up some rogues of his own.
    Yeah that sounds about right, I recall Ridley saying that Gotham would learn that he’s a black man under that cowl eventually and how it would impact the story.

As for rouges, I’m assuming this new girl that he’s targeting and Punchline for what she did to his dad in Joker War. Outside of that hard to tell.
    Words to live by.

Oh wow...I mean I kind of called it a while back but its still kind of shocking what went down with Jace and Lucius after the accident, and man can Lucius be cold. Same goes for Tanya Fox as well honestly. But I'm getting ahead of myself, lets start from the beginning.

Jace has pretty much sung his heart out at the deposition and while he has more to say his mother is having none of that and as his lawyer ends the deposition hearing. Now as someone who actually studies in law school (I graduate next month) I will tell you straight that while Tanya is legally correct that Jace has fulfilled his legal obligations to the deposition to give a clear statement, it's a little morally wrong with how it was all handled. Even more so once we get into what Lucius did and where Jace has been.

But before that we also get some cop drama with Renee Montoya about not being an idiot and recognizing that one of her detectives is not following the rules about Masks, and that its causing problems especially for his partner. Personally I like this because I never like it when they try to outlaw Batman, dude's on the justice league for crying out loud, so makes sense that there are some people who are not all for the anti-vigilante laws on the force. It's a nice bit of politics that I genuinely am intrigued by, instead of just faceless idiots who one day all just point guns at Batman because their superiors tell them to.

Now onto the real hook about Lucius and I will put that in a spoiler box just in case. Read at own risk.
    spoilers:
    Lucius in a very cold and calculating way muddies the waters of the case. He never shows any emotion about the incident, he's very calm in talking to Jace at first and then he calls in people and they get dirt on the victim, who as it turns out is dead. They get info that he had a charge for domestic abuse, that he was a drunk, and that Jace was scarred as a black kid in a bad neighborhood and then leaks it all to the media which even back then does not sit right with Jace and they get into an argument about what is right and racial justice, of course its not a long fight as Lucius sends Jace away to an international military academy via private jet.

So yeah Lucius fully makes the victim look like a bad guy and then whisks his son away out of the country before he can face legal punishment for his crimes, its not a good look for one of Batman's closet allies. Ridley is really making what Jace did a huge gray area of morality, but you can also kind of see how it messed up the Fox family. It's interesting what is being written here, I just hope it doesn't end up hurting these characters for some people.
    end of spoilers

However, Lucius decision might have put Jace on the right path. Because its at military school where Jace meets his future friends, including a young Vol, and starts to get a bit of a moral backbone and build himself back up after beating on himself for what he did. You can genuinely see from this issues end how he gets started on his training to be Batman.

If I have any complaints its actually the art, because in some scenes some of the faces are basically non-existent like Vol who is in a scene but you can't make out what he looks like besides non-descriptive white dude with black hair. It's only in a few scenes but some art could have used a little touching up.
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

I will admit, I am surprised and impressed that they included some moral grey in this

A good continuation from last issue, I actually understand Lucius and Tanya's perspectives, they're not bad people, they just want to protect their family. Jace's self-pity is always interesting.

BANNED

The next Batman is an irresponsible coward. The Fox family is a traitorous family. Best origins ever.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-27-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    The next Batman is an irresponsible coward. The Fox family is a traitourous family. Best origins ever.
    Your profile picture says enough about you. I'm not paying you the troll toll!

BANNED

Your profile picture says enough about you. I'm not paying you the troll toll!
    What did i say wrong? Fox family is gonna betray Batman and Jace is a guy who ran away from an accident he caused and let his dad cover for his crime.

Fox family members are like the closest allies to Batman. Now they are just acting like villains.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-27-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    What did i say wrong? Fox family is gonna betray Batman and Jace is a guy who ran away from an accident he caused and let his dad cover for his crime.
    Jace argued with his dad over taking responsibility, and he told the truth at the deposition, he's no coward. You were right about one thing, though, it is a good origin.

BANNED

Jace argued with his dad over taking responsibility, and he told the truth at the deposition, he's no coward. You were right about one thing, though, it is a good origin.
    He ran away from the accident he caused. He was a coward. No empathy whatsover. Selfish as heck.