Default Magistrate's Most Wanted: Bounties

maybe a little complicated for y'all, but I thought it was a cool idea, so lets try this out

we've seen a couple of characters in the Future State: Gotham titles claim they're the "most wanted so and so" and we've seen (with Red Hood and The Next Batman) that there are bounties put out on these characters, so my question to you is: what do you think the bounty postings for the Gotham freedom fighters looks like? (that includes the Batfam as well as other characters causing the Magistrate issues in Gotham)

a couple of perimeters to make it easier to calculate:

1. $100,000 seems to be the average for the low-end of the FBI 10 most wanted, so we'll say anyone with a kill order (or in your top 10 if you have more than 10 spots) should be above this. anyone that can be taken in alive would go below or at $100,000, for example, Grifter would probably be below $100,000 but White Rabbit (due to having Magistrate secrets) probably has a kill only order on her, so she's likely be above that.

2. we're also gonna relatively go by One Punch Man rules for discerning threat level: aggressiveness (how actively they're working against the Magistrate; whether directly or against it's agenda), the difficulty of extermination (how elusive they are), and destructive capability (how much damage are they actually doing to the Magistrate).

I'll post my bounties listing in a bit
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

This reminds me of One Piece .

BANNED

Magistrate is a stupid idea. Who put bounties on Justice League member like Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Magistrate is a stupid idea. Who put bounties on Justice League member like Batman?
    People who want him caught and can afford it?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of One Piece .
    not gonna cap, I may or may not have just finished watching one piece when I came up with this idea.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

In FS Nightwing it's said that he is the most wanted vigilante in Gotham.
    Makes sense since he is the leader of the resistance, being fighting since A-Day and the New Batman is someone new.

Red Hood is working for them, so he is like a Shichibukai (staying with the One Piece references).
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    People who want him caught and can afford it?
    They hire assassins to do the dirty job, not telling the public to do it. Batman has been known to work closely with the GCPD.

Cool idea. I also immediately thought of One Piece.

What would be the upper limit? One million? The magistrate only has control over Gotham, so I can't see it going above that by a lot, but I'm not a bounty expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

What would be the upper limit? One million? The magistrate only has control over Gotham, so I can't see it going above that by a lot, but I'm not a bounty expert.
    the upper limit is whatever you think is appropriate.

I'm working off the FBI's rewards for their most wanted fugitives, since I'm going by exaggerated comics rules and imagining the Magistrate/Gotham have wealth and resources beyond your usual real city. so going by the FBI's bounties, the highest bounty I can find was $25 million, so I'll say the cap is $30 million; at least for my list.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-24-2021 at 08:58 AM.

currently following:

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the upper limit is whatever you think is appropriate.

I'm working off the FBI's rewards for their most wanted fugitives, since I'm going by exaggerated comics rules and imagining the Magistrate/Gotham have wealth and resources beyond your usual real city. so going by the FBI's bounties, the highest bounty I can find was $25 million, so I'll say the cap is $30 million; at least for my list.
    FWIW: In Hood's Backstory, it showed that Vigilante's bounty was 5 figures ($$$$$) while Red Hood's (temporary) bounty was 12 ($$$$$$$$$$$$). So they seemingly have money to burn.

Anyways, on to the list.

Admittedly I've only read 1 FS Bat book and some snippets from some of the others so my view is pretty limited but I'd imagine Bruce, Tim Fox and Dick would be their big 3 bounties by a comfortable margin over the rest. Hood might not be that far behind once everything is said and done.

Ok here is my arbitrary bounty breakdown (ngl, should've did posters):

"Yonko"/Dragon level threats (higher than 10 million)

Bruce Wayne: has no bounty because he's supposed to be dead (and maybe is dead now) but I'll say if I were giving him a bounty it would be around $30M~. he is Gold Roger

$25M~
    Nightwing: stated to be the most wanted masked individual in Gotham, definite kill order. He's pretty much the figure head of the Batfamily's resistance and the one who's studied Bruce the closest. The Magistrate had no clue where he was until he wanted them to find him, and he was still able to escape Gotham to do what he has to go in Teen Titan. he's not really easily touched even if they can find him since the whole batfamily will drop what they're doing to back him. that is not even to mention his vast hero network outside of Gotham and his influence due the Titans. his claim to #1 seems legit.

$22M~
    Duke Thomas: (I promise I'm not shilling....this time ) Duke's intro card and his writer say Duke is the most wanted man in Gotham, which I'm gonna take to mean most wanted "civilian" considering his identity has been outed. another Bat protege meaning, off rip, he's high priority. Outsiders shows us the length the Magistrate will go to capture him and thus far have never succeeded since Duke has multiple safe houses in and out of Gotham and his ongoing affiliation with Katana (who was able to establish her own jurisdiction outside of Magistrate control) and Black Lightning (who is literally a elemental being of black magic) making him hard to catch. plus he's become a political leader as well as a crime figher, meaning he's backed by and able to influence the people. we know that his rallies are influencal, which obviously is not good for a fascist state, because they are running stings and flagging people who attend them. solid #2

anywhere from $15M to $20M~
    Oracle/Batgirl Prime: While Babs was been taken in alive, it's clear that she was only taken in because she is very valuable if she's alive but too dangerous to be left free due to the wealth of information she has amassed over the years. Another Batman trained affiliate, is an important player in Dick's resistance, and has the influence to be broken out of their facilities by the other Batgirls; who knows what she's learned from being in there. they were already mining her for information and now linking up with the other Batgirls, she's going to be another super high value target.

in my head, Jason Todd would likely be around here as well if his bounty was still active.

$18M~
    Catwoman: I believe would also fall into the 15 to 20 mill range as well. She's a known master thief, de-facto first lady of the Batfamily due her relationship with Bruce, and she straight up jacked one of their trains to bust Bruce out. not to mention she, like Dick and Duke and Astrid, has her own following willing to support her. I'm seeing her more on the 20M side if not just below Duke's bounty.

"Supernova"/Demon level threats (10 million to 1 million range)

$10M~ & rising
    Batman (Jace Fox): This seems kind of low but we also have to take into account that this Batman is still relatively new. he hasn't had the time to do as much damage as Nightwing or Signal but as a Batman he is a dangerous symbol to have around. He's also pretty effective to, in a lot of ways he lives up to being the second coming of Batman and considering we know how his fight with the Magistrate for the soul of Gotham will go, his bounty will only continue to grow.

$11.5M~
    Batgirls: I'm gonna combine the bounty of the Batgirls as an entity. again, these Bat folks are automatically high value targets and we know they were both significant soldiers in the resistance as well. seeing as Cassandra and Steph both broke out of the Magistrate's detention center, letting other prisoners free and breaking out Barbara, and I'm doubtful the Magistrate is willing to take that risk again if they get their hands on them. given how dangerous Cassandra is by herself, and is trained to kill even if she doesn't believe in that, that makes her particularly dangerous. 8.5M for Cass and 3M for Steph.

$3M~ & rising
    Astrid Arkham: now Astrid Arkham is only this low because I'm sure they see her and her rag rag group of Arkham inmates as low priority but under her leadership, her Arkham Knights are definitely making noise and putting the pressure on the Magistrate in some of their confrontations. If they weren't all Arkhamites (thus probably seen as insane) they would probably consider them a bigger threat but her ability to mold them into a legit force strong enough to take back the Bat-signal, makes her pretty notable threat.

Tiger level threats (1 million and below)

$1M~
    Batman's disciples: anyone trained by Batman or closely affiliated with Batman are a significant threat. so people like Huntress, Batwoman, Azrael (if he's around) who are more boots on the ground but haven't made significant waves in Future State

Out-of-town capes: while they wouldn't be super high priorities, other heroes who come to Gotham to help are probably treated with the same threat level as any Batfamily member of higher.

$100K-900K~
    these are the mischief makers. anyone that is dangerous but wouldn't be much of an issue for Gotham under Batman's control. so a lot of miscellaneous rogues would go here

I don't remember much of Tim's Robin (which is why he's not in there) but I'm gonna guess he'll be around high Supernova low Yonko level, so approx. $10M to $15M.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-25-2021 at 02:44 PM.

currently following: