Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is the most specific thread of all time.

congrats.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Trinary...
    Trinary would be a fantastic addition to the MCU.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    This is the most specific thread of all time.

congrats.
    LOL (10chars)

Have Timeslip start doing Sorcery.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    That would be awesome. Hopefully Marvel also writes Clea as an equal to Steven Strange both at sorcery and at science (make her either a Physician/Healer/Psychiatrist or ideally a Ph.D medical researcher in a STEM field), a heroine on her own, with her own agency... not just a simple love interest.
    What? Clea is not even an Earthling, she is a Faltine/Mhuruuks hybrid growing up in a magic-based civilization, anyway she is already a major political figure/leader in her home the Dark Dimension, making her a Physician/Healer/Psychiatrist or giving her any "Earthly" occupation would be ridiculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    What? Clea is not even an Earthling, she is a Faltine/Mhuruuks hybrid growing up in a magic-based civilization, anyway she is already a major political figure/leader in her home the Dark Dimension, making her a Physician/Healer/Psychiatrist or giving her any "Earthly" occupation would be ridiculous.
    Read through this to look for this comment. If you want to give Clea an Indian woman look. Or cast a Indian woman to play her that’s one thing. But Clea isn’t an earthling so trying to give her some cultural identity as Indian is just weird

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Have Timeslip start doing Sorcery.
    She was the first character that came to mind. Unfortunately she's got the same powers as Eva Bell. So whilst Eva is around, we won't get any love to Rina in X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    India has the world's highest population of Hindus, Buddhists and the world's second highest population of Muslims.

India has over a billion people, 3-4x the population of the US, accounts for nearly a fifth of all of humanity, and is the world's largest democracy.

Many artists turn to Indian culture for inspiration, ranging from Stan Lee to the Beatles.

Doctor Strange (both the comic and the film) heavily borrow elements from Indian, Buddhist and Hindu cultures, best summed up here...

https://youtu.be/h6fcK_fRYaI

Despite all of this, of the hundreds of significant heros that Marvel has created over 80 years, there is not even a single major Marvel hero from India to represent a fifth of all of humanity!

So why not make the next Doctor Strange (hopefully first introduced in the Multiverse of Madness) a female physician in Mumbai? The film doesn't even need to mention her religion and would be better served to emphasize her belief in the scientific method, as preached by many Buddhist and Hindu scholars.

As far as casting goes, Bollywood has a huge bevy of Indian actresses to choose from, but if I had to pick one, I would pick Disha Patani solely based on her excellent display of acting chops in Malang...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBIq11mNB0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBHSmyqv0Y

...but Bollywood has numerous alternatives as well. Perhaps a South Indian Tollywood actress would be a better fit.
    As a South Asian fan I'm cool with creating a new character to fill this niche.

I'm not against her being a legacy character.

Best case scenario she's another acolyte of the Ancient One and runs Mumbai/Southeast Asia operations.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Read through this to look for this comment. If you want to give Clea an Indian woman look. Or cast a Indian woman to play her that’s one thing. But Clea isn’t an earthling so trying to give her some cultural identity as Indian is just weird
    My mistake. I was not familiar with Clea and thought she had an Indian ethnicity since she was mentioned in this thread. Hope you are right and they cast an Indian actress. Representation matters.

Alternatively, Trinary seems far more interesting as a character, I find her pro UBI views very refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Disney: Sure thing!

China: .......

Disney: Why don't we give that a wait and see?
    I am not sure I understand this post. Where does China fit in to this? There's been a number of Marvel superheros that are Chinese.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 02-26-2021 at 06:00 AM.

I would love to see that. We can have more than one Indian character at marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    O_o

Clea is the daughter of Umar and the niece of Dormammu. She's ruled an entire dimension and was a Sorceress Supreme of the Dark Dimension. She's MORE than the equal to Strange.
    I wonder what would happen to the classic portrayal of Clea in the comics if the MCU put her in the next Doctor Strange film but rebooted her to be a human.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    She was the first character that came to mind. Unfortunately she's got the same powers as Eva Bell. So whilst Eva is around, we won't get any love to Rina in X-Men.
    Yeah, Tempo, Timeslip, Tempus, Lacuna, Kiden Nixon, Sway, Velocidad... There are so many time-manipulators already, there'll probably be a new one in the next few years, and all the previous ones will slip further into the memory hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, Tempo, Timeslip, Tempus, Lacuna, Kiden Nixon, Sway, Velocidad... There are so many time-manipulators already, there'll probably be a new one in the next few years, and all the previous ones will slip further into the memory hole.
    Timeslip adding ancient Hindu sorcery to her repertoire is comparable to Angel Salvador using her Tempest weaponry. It would add an interesting powerset to her already existing mutant powers and differentiate her from the other chrono mutants.

But I doubt we’ll even see her at the gala.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

We don't need a "next" Sorcerer Supreme. We have one that isn't used enough as it is. Make a new character that is a buddhist Indian female from Mumbai, India.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    We don't need a "next" Sorcerer Supreme. We have one that isn't used enough as it is. Make a new character that is a buddhist Indian female from Mumbai, India.
    To be fair the Dr Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme series from 4 years ago, gave us both a female Native American Sorceress Supreme and a female Brazilian Sorceress Supreme.