Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    India has the world's highest population of Hindus, Buddhists and the world's second highest population of Muslims.

India has over a billion people, 3-4x the population of the US, accounts for nearly a fifth of all of humanity, and is the world's largest democracy by population and second largest democracy by size.

Many artists turn to Indian culture for inspiration, ranging from Stan Lee to the Beatles.

Doctor Strange (both the comic and the film) heavily borrow elements from Indian, Buddhist and Hindu cultures, best summed up here...

https://youtu.be/h6fcK_fRYaI

Despite all of this, there is not yet a single major Marvel character from India.

So why not make the next Doctor Strange (hopefully first introduced in the Multiverse of Madness) a female physician in Mumbai? The film doesn't even need to mention her religion and would be better served to emphasize her belief in the scientific method, as preached by many Buddhist and Hindu scholars.

As far as casting goes, Bollywood has a huge bevy of Indian actresses to choose from, but if I had to pick one, I would pick Disha Patani solely based on her excellent display of acting chops in Malang...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBHSmyqv0Y

...but Bollywood has numerous alternatives as well. Perhaps a South Indian Tollywood actress would be a better fit.
    No.

Moving on... are there any major Indian Marvel superheroes? I seem to recall a doctor that helped out the X-Men for a time, but she wasn't a superhero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    No.

Moving on... are there any major Indian Marvel superheroes? I seem to recall a doctor that helped out the X-Men for a time, but she wasn't a superhero.
    Hmm. Wouldn't it be great to see a major Marvel comic hero inspired by a new movie character rather than the other way around?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    No.

You talking about the doctor was in Captain Britain and MI13?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He’s talking about Dr. Kavita Rao

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He's in his 40s right? He may have kids out there MCU strange seems deadbeat to me.
    I don't see him as a deadbeat. More the kinda As*hole that would make a women not even tell him she's pregnant. Maybe I'm just projecting

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Hmm. Wouldn't it be great to see a major Marvel comic hero inspired by a new movie character rather than the other way around?
    You mean like Starlord?

Eh, I'd rather they just make a new Indian character in the comics, give them a few storylines, and then introduce him or her on film.
    Or if it's a multiverse thing - there's an Indian Spider-Man isn't there? And I've more interest in the Spider-Verse films than the future MCU stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Faiza Hussain(Pakistani) aka Excaliber

So as usual it is X-men leading the charge in this area Thunderbird III, Indra ,Karma(Vietnam) and Omega Sentinel are all from South Asian descent.

Marvel doesn't have to make a female India Dr. Strange they can just push South Asian (Pakistani) Ms. Marvel aka Kamala Khan and they are doing that anyways. Yes they should be more Asian characters in past years we have gotten a couple more Dinesh Deol aka Grid and Raz Malhotra aka Giant Man. It is not enough to have a character from that background but there should be an effort to push into A list property. They are plenty of side characters who are minorities what we want to see if Justice League or Avengers need a character who is the one character from that background who could fit on the team AND wouldn't be ignored and maybe they could hold a solo.

Anyways Kumail Nanjiani is playing Kingo Sunen in Eternals lets hope he does well in that movie
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-24-2021 at 02:44 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Anyways Kumail Nanjiani is playing Kingo Sunen in Eternals lets hope he does well in that movie
    I had never heard of Kingo and just looked him up... "Kingo is a cosmic-powered member of the community of genetically-engineered Eternals on Earth who is a skilled swordsman and a Bollywood movie star.[1][2]"

A Bollywood movie star!! No wonder Kumali got so buff for the role. He is a solid choice, though I kinda wish they could've cast one of the many existing Bollywood stars for the role as a 4th wall break...

https://youtu.be/oGneAab3e88

Or Akshay Kumar...

https://youtu.be/bxnYFOixIoc
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 02-26-2021 at 05:38 AM.

Spectacular Member

Sorry, my post was poorly worded. I wasnt saying that the name Dr. Strange should be continued. The name Dr. Strange should be retired when Benedict Cumberbatch retires.

But his successor, the next Sorceroress Supreme should come from south asia, since so much of the inspiration for the character also came from that region.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    Sorry, my post was poorly worded. I wasnt saying that the name Dr. Strange should be continued. The name Dr. Strange should be retired when Benedict Cumberbatch retires.

But his successor, the next Sorceroress Supreme should come from south asia, since so much of the inspiration for the character also came from that region.
    I though it's more from Nepalese and Tibetan magic. But you're right in that someone from that culture should take over.

Come to think of it, all the Avengers have legacy characters, as well as Spider-Man, so why doesn't he?