Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Jaime is the most well-known Blue Beetle given he's the only one that's had significant exposure in media outside of comics. So, its an easy pick for a movie.

IMO, this movie is long overdue. The first Jaime Reyes series was pretty good and the character has a very interesting mythology (which was brilliantly tied to the original Blue Bettle- Dan Garrett). Not to mention that Jaime has kick-ass look and I really wonder why it even took this long for a movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    How so? They didn’t have a problem using Jaime and his villains/mythology on Young Justice or Brave and the Bold. They showcased the rivalry better the GLC and Reach on Brave and the Bold and had Jaimes support cast show up in multiple adaptions (family and girlfriend in Judas Contract, girlfriend on Young Justice and his best friend on Brave and the Bold.). Also seems like the director is a huge fan so he’s likely done enough research to implement all that in his film
    Exactly this.

Jaime Reyes has been the ONLY Blue Beetle that's gotten significant exposure outside of comics.

DC did a lot to expand on his mythology and tie it into the greater DC universe (with the reach and the GLC being severe enemies).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    IMO, this movie is long overdue. The first Jaime Reyes series was pretty good and the character has a very interesting mythology (which was brilliantly tied to the original Blue Bettle- Dan Garrett). Not to mention that Jaime has kick-ass look and I really wonder why it even took this long for a movie.
    My guess is money, Blue Beetle will be a special effect heavy movie even with a practical suit and after a certain movie failure they probably got gun shy but in the wake of stuff like Black Panther and Into the Spiderverse doing well every company is like where is my version of that. I think we should be a little happy that it got delayed I think now in this world it could get the budget it needs to be good.

Anyways people are throwing out Xolo maridueña who starts in Cobra Kai as one of the front runners for Jamie Reyes

All else aside, Jaime Reyes has the Reach: a clear, well-defined villain with a clear goal that drives the movie's plot. If everything else were equal, Jaime would still be a better choice for a stand alone Blue Beetle film.

Ted Kord would probably be better as team member on a Justice League team in a Justice League movie

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    My guess is money, Blue Beetle will be a special effect heavy movie even with a practical suit and after a certain movie failure they probably got gun shy but in the wake of stuff like Black Panther and Into the Spiderverse doing well every company is like where is my version of that. I think we should be a little happy that it got delayed I think now in this world it could get the budget it needs to be good.

Anyways people are throwing out Xolo maridueña who starts in Cobra Kai as one of the front runners for Jamie Reyes

That’s perfect casting! I’ve been wanting him for Blue Beetle ever since the film was rumored. I think he’s the number one fan choice as well, judging by social media. Michael Cimino (love Victor) and Diego Tinoco (On my Block) have also been mentioned but Xolo fits the best

I'm all for this - loved all his animated appearances, and the talking to the suit looking like talking to himself adds some humor which the DCEU needs more of...

That’s pretty good casting. I would be down for him getting the role. He has that kind of “mild mannered teen” vibe that works for Jaime.

Since the movie won’t have a big name actor for the lead and Jaime is a mid tier character, I wonder if they’ll include a cameo from another superhero to generate more hype. Someone suggested having Cena’s Peacemaker show up as a mentor like he was in the Rogers/Giffen BB series. That would be interesting.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-25-2021 at 03:57 AM.

I think a cameo from another hero is enough to generate hype if that was needed but I think we are in era where people are fine with seeing new superhero movies they don't know I mean most people didn't know Black Panther, GoTG, Antman or Cap Marvel. The first Latino hero in the major superhero movie angle and standard marketing campaign will get it enough hype imo.

I think a cameo from another hero is enough to generate hype if that was needed but I think we are in era where people are fine with seeing new superhero movies they don't know I mean most people didn't know Black Panther, GoTG, Antman or Cap Marvel. The first Latino hero in the major superhero movie angle and standard marketing campaign will get it enough hype imo.
    Eh, all those are MCU movies - MCU is the hype generator. Jaime with DC doesn't get that advantage. I still think it will do fine, more than fine, provided it is good, but I don't think listing off MCU movies is a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, all those are MCU movies - MCU is the hype generator. Jaime with DC doesn't get that advantage. I still think it will do fine, more than fine, provided it is good, but I don't think listing off MCU movies is a good comparison.
    Yeah, Marvel has become a completed trusted brand by the general public. Disney just has to stick the word MARVEL on something and it will sell or generate buzz. People don’t have a lot of faith in DC (and rightfully so as things have been mixed at best). The only character that they have that is usually a sure thing is Batman. Even Wonder Wonder will now be a question mark at the box office after 1984. It seems like the vast majority of people are only interested in the Flash movie because of Michael Keaton’s Batman coming back.

Rumor was that Keaton’s Batman would act as a mentor to younger heroes. Maybe he’ll have a cameo to recruit Jaime.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't see any reason Ted can't work he is just as popular how long has he been around?
    1) Dan Garrett (1939)
    2) Ted Kord (1966)
    3) Jaime Reyes (2006)

That’s how long the three Blue Beetles have around, however Jaime is the one with the most exposure overall, and the most solo stories in comics. Dan rarely appears anymore and doesn’t have any connections to the DCU really nor any outside media exposure, despite being the original. Ted has connections to the JLI, Birds of Prey and Booster Gold but his outside media exposure has been nothing but cameos where he dies (Brave and the Bold, Young Justice). Jaime has 3 solo series, connections to the JLI, Booster Gold, Green Lantern, Teen Titans and has the most outside media exposure (Smallville, Brave and the Bold, Young Justice, JLvsTT, Judas Contract, upcoming showcase and multiple video game appearances..etc).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...tm_medium=mweb

Here’s a link to an interview the director did recently about the upcoming Blue Beetle movie! Basically he’s aware of the source material, has seen all the outside media exposure Jaime has received and is a huge fan of the character! WB also really wanted a Latino led superhero film. He’s taking inspiration from Drive, Pacific Rim and Akira!! Can’t wait and I’m excited for Jaime to hit the mainstream!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...tm_medium=mweb

Here’s a link to an interview the director did recently about the upcoming Blue Beetle movie! Basically he’s aware of the source material, has seen all the outside media exposure Jaime has received and is a huge fan of the character! WB also really wanted a Latino led superhero film. He’s taking inspiration from Drive, Pacific Rim and Akira!! Can’t wait and I’m excited for Jaime to hit the mainstream!!
    I'm hoping he only watched the first Pacific Rim and not Uprising. Although, those three feel like unusual choices to take inspiration from, but sounds cool.