Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Because Ted isn’t the first Blue Beetle nor the most popular. Plus he doesn’t add any diversity either

DC has been doing that for years already. And yes “Teen Iron Man” has a lot more appeal, especially with aliens and mesoamerican culture in the mix, than another genius billionaire inventor.
    I don't see any reason Ted can't work he is just as popular how long has he been around?

Sigh... I guess that's the final nail in the coffin for Ted Kord having his own series as Blue Beetle again, but as the ole saying goes

out with the old in with the new, or at least newish.

I love the fact that a Ted Kord Blue Beetle movie has been stuck in development hell for YEARS, to the point where Arrow was never allowed to use the character, despite name dropping him several times over the years... and so of course the Blue Beetle movie that get's announced is Jamie Reyes.

Astonishing Member

What are we basing the Jaime Blue Beetle being more popular on? I think popularity probably depends on which generation of comic fans you poll. But since they are going for the younger demographic, Jaime might be the right call.

Demographics probably play a role, when was Reyes first series 2006?

So 30 and under you get Reyes fans, 30 and over Ted Kord fans....

though I've met a lot of people in their 20's that prefer Ted kord. This is the problem with replacement heroes, I find it pits fan against fan, because otherwise Reyes is a pretty cool character, anyways....

the dice have been cast. If it increases DC comic sales with young Hispanic readers it's all good....but my heart is broken for Ted Kord.

Teen Iron Man? More like Latino Spiderman if Venom was high tech symbiote suit . And terms of DC movies yeah that wins out over Ted Kord who isn't even the first genius inventor superheroes or street levelish heroes on the list if we are talking about people getting movies I mean I am picking Mr. Terrific, Atom, Steel or Nightwing, Green Arrow, Batgirl,etc.

Ted Kord isn't getting movie because he isn't teen or latino, The movie is being pushed to front because companies are trying to feature more diverse heroes and yes that is primary reason this character is being used. You can prefer Ted Kord or like him more but rest your fan ego aside this move wouldn't be made if he was the main character literally the convo becomes why not a Nightwing movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Because Ted isn’t the first Blue Beetle nor the most popular. Plus he doesn’t add any diversity either

DC has been doing that for years already. And yes “Teen Iron Man” has a lot more appeal, especially with aliens and mesoamerican culture in the mix, than another genius billionaire inventor.
    You just proved my exact point, that you apparently need to diminish the character just to compliment Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Teen Iron Man? More like Latino Spiderman if Venom was high tech symbiote suit . And terms of DC movies yeah that wins out over Ted Kord who isn't even the first genius inventor superheroes or street levelish heroes on the list if we are talking about people getting movies I mean I am picking Mr. Terrific, Atom, Steel or Nightwing, Green Arrow, Batgirl,etc.

Ted Kord isn't getting movie because he isn't teen or latino, The movie is being pushed to front because companies are trying to feature more diverse heroes and yes that is primary reason this character is being used. You can prefer Ted Kord or like him more but rest your fan ego aside this move wouldn't be made if he was the main character literally the convo becomes why not a Nightwing movie.
    It really doesn't
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 02-24-2021 at 02:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

Sigh, I guess this means no Dan Garrett movie.

Oh wait, I don't care about that guy. This sounds interesting, actually.

I think it’s pretty obvious why Jaime is getting a movie and Ted is not. Jaime adds more to the DCEU than Ted Kord could. With Jaime you get the Reach, a connection to the Green Lantern Corps (they fought the Reach), more solo stories/villains, great supporting cast and a possible spinoff with him joining the Titans or featuring lesser known JLI members! Also Jaime seems to be more known/popular and adds diversity to a very underserved demographic! Yeah Ted didn’t stand a chance! Jaime is Blue Beetle now
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Also Jaime's entire aesthetic and powers are just way cooler than Ted's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I think it’s pretty obvious why Jaime is getting a movie and Ted is not. Jaime adds more to the DCEU than Ted Kord could. With Jaime you get the Reach, a connection to the Green Lantern Corps (they fought the Reach), more solo stories/villains, great supporting cast and a possible spinoff with him joining the Titans or featuring lesser known JLI members! Also Jaime seems to be more known/popular and adds diversity to a very underserved demographic! Yeah Ted didn’t stand a chance! Jaime is Blue Beetle now
    It's funny you say that like they're actually going to do anything with all that.

You could have both Ted and Jaime if you work it like Batman Beyond. Having Ted be Jaime's mentor and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    It's funny you say that like they're actually going to do anything with all that.
    How so? They didn’t have a problem using Jaime and his villains/mythology on Young Justice or Brave and the Bold. They showcased the rivalry better the GLC and Reach on Brave and the Bold and had Jaimes support cast show up in multiple adaptions (family and girlfriend in Judas Contract, girlfriend on Young Justice and his best friend on Brave and the Bold.). Also seems like the director is a huge fan so he’s likely done enough research to implement all that in his film
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

The only time Ted was as interesting as Jaime IMO was when he was paired with Booster. Since I doubt they are ready to do that Jaime is the natural choice.

Nice, Jaime deserves the hype. He already has an audience from some animated adaptations.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?