Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    There was nothing wrong with Terry during the Perez era. He was older than her, yes, but that's about it.

I would argue that Beast Boy behavior around every girl he was with were much more creepier than anything Terry did.

Later he didn't like Donna being a hero and having powers again cause he tought it would put his family in danger, so he took off with their baby behind her back and filled a divorce.

But DC killed the guy along with his baby son and daughter in a car crash, so i think the dude suffered more than enough already.
    I've been re-reading 80s Titans (and it is overall a wonderful era) and Garfield is an absolute pig a lot of the time.
    I think it would be very easy to reveal that he was gay all along and just overcompensating. It would make a heck of a lot more sense than this bizarre romantic thing with Raven.
    I do think if they had just aged Terry down a few years, maybe gotten rid of the ex wife and child, he'd have been less of a problem for readers.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

She kissed Wally in Rebirth but I don't know how long they lasted, since Wally eventually remember again that he had a wife and kids, while the relationship itself is a set up for Roy's

Incredible Member

I think one reason it wasn't so much of a big deal at the time is that Donna wasn't written as a typical 19 year-old; the Wolfman-Perez iteration of Donna always seemed to me like she was mid-20s. She was level-headed, she had her own business, and she was often written as the voice of reason when Dick & Wally or Gar & Victor were arguing. On one hand, I personally would never have dated someone who was 19 when I was in my late 20s. On the other, Donna was written as unusually mature, and Terry was generally written as supportive and caring. Until the Lord Chaos period, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I think one reason it wasn't so much of a big deal at the time is that Donna wasn't written as a typical 19 year-old; the Wolfman-Perez iteration of Donna always seemed to me like she was mid-20s. She was level-headed, she had her own business, and she was often written as the voice of reason when Dick & Wally or Gar & Victor were arguing. On one hand, I personally would never have dated someone who was 19 when I was in my late 20s. On the other, Donna was written as unusually mature, and Terry was generally written as supportive and caring. Until the Lord Chaos period, anyway.
    Yeah... the plot said Donna was less than 20... but the story didn't actually treat her as such.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I've been re-reading 80s Titans (and it is overall a wonderful era) and Garfield is an absolute pig a lot of the time.
    I think it would be very easy to reveal that he was gay all along and just overcompensating. It would make a heck of a lot more sense than this bizarre romantic thing with Raven.
    I do think if they had just aged Terry down a few years, maybe gotten rid of the ex wife and child, he'd have been less of a problem for readers.
    Honestly? It made Beast Boy relatable. He was this guy who didn't know what to say or when... about anything... ever.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

As long as Terry isn't written like some kind of douche, Donna's marriage should be canon. They don't have to be together, but it should definitely be something that happened.

Her having been married, having a son, getting divorced, losing said family, it all adds so much dimension to her character (much like the pregnancy did for Stephanie Brown). This is especially true when DC absolutely refuses to have their characters grow (WW being amongst those especially). Diana is probably never going to have a kid outside of AU stories, doesn't mean Donna can't.

Other that Terry, she can be with whoever. Personally, I generally don't like hero x hero as one true pairings, so her being with Roy or Garth has never been "it" for me. Like sure, she could have dated them or whatever, but I hate when being a hero becomes an exclusive club of heroes only being with heroes. So yea, she can date Roy or Garth but her OTP (one true pairing) should be someone who isn't a hero, or at least isn't a Titan.