Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Could it be that all of the characters tied to organized crime belonged to other studios? I mean, Kingpin was owned by Fox for years because he was tied in with Daredevil. It could be all of the other major crime figures were also tied in with other rights deals. Plus, when you think about Spider-Man, you usually think about his costumed enemies first, like Goblin or Doc Ock.
    I’d say the only one notable that was owned by another studio was Fisk. Everyone else who was created as a Spider-Man mobster, Tombstone, Hammerhead, Silvermane, Crime Master, Lobo Bros. Etc. were up for grabs. I suppose they don’t offer too much of a spectacle after starting from fighting alongside the Avengers. Fisk being out of bounds is actually the specific reason why they used Tombstone as the “Big Man” in the Spectacular animated series. I think the idea with mobsters and the superpowers arms race is that when super heroes start targeting smaller threats that aren’t going to blow up the universe, career criminals will have to step up their game to be successful.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think they would definitely keep him in the MCU, but that maybe in the next three he'll finally be the 'Friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man' and have minimal if any interactions with MCU characters in his solo movies.
    I don't see what's the problem with Spider-man having interactions with the MCU. In the comics and in his shows he's always teaming up with other heroes. Why is this an issue with films?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it will never happen this may be Sony's way having their cake and eating it too they keep spiderman in a spiderman/villain universe for solo movie villain crossovers keeping tom Holland on meanwhile they can led spiderman out to big event type moves for the MCU of course I don't know anything for sure I don't know what the new deal is but it's definitely possible.
    There's no benefit for Marvel to produce something that's not in their universe. They will not built it up just to go **** it when it comes to their most famous character.

Even in the Tom Holland interview people bring up, he said he doesn't seem himself playing the character after 30. I assumed right then that he would stick around for one more trilogy. I'm ready to see college aged/adult Peter Parker aka my favorite version of him. It's the one thing I loved about the Insomniac game

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Even in the Tom Holland interview people bring up, he said he doesn't seem himself playing the character after 30. I assumed right then that he would stick around for one more trilogy. I'm ready to see college aged/adult Peter Parker aka my favorite version of him. It's the one thing I loved about the Insomniac game
    It would be nice to see Holland's Peter finally come into his own as Spider-Man in his college years.

Three more movies plus any other crossovers before he's 30 seems about right. Plus I'm sure he'll do non-Marvel movies in-between like he did for FFH and NWH.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's no benefit for Marvel to produce something that's not in their universe. They will not built it up just to go **** it when it comes to their most famous character.
    Sure there is Thay get a part of the profit and probably get to use him in avengers movies it all depends on the deal really

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Sure there is Thay get a part of the profit and probably get to use him in avengers movies it all depends on the deal really
    The deal is to keep him in the MCU. That's been to the benefit of both Marvel and Sony.

The deal is to keep him in the MCU. That's been to the benefit of both Marvel and Sony.
    Probably but We will have a better idea after seeing how the next movie ends as of now we know nothing we don't even know if this is a sure thing

Quote Originally Posted by Olive00 View Post
    I was not sure about revealing Spider-Man's identity at the end of the last movie, and I still am, but I do like that we're seeing the consequences of that. It doesn't look like that'll be undone, since living with a public identity will be one of the lessons this movie is setting up. I much prefer Spidey with a secret identity, but they can still win me over on this.
    I think the lesson is that he needs to find a way to balance being Peter and Spider-Man instead of giving up one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive00 View Post
    I was not sure about revealing Spider-Man's identity at the end of the last movie, and I still am, but I do like that we're seeing the consequences of that. It doesn't look like that'll be undone, since living with a public identity will be one of the lessons this movie is setting up. I much prefer Spidey with a secret identity, but they can still win me over on this.
    The best thing Peter can do is cast doubt that he's Spider-Man. Much like how Matt Murdock always played it whenever he gets outed as Daredevil.

Ultimate Member

Peter will never be balanced because Marvel doesn't seem to want that. It just seems to want to repeat the same story beats. Peter revealing his identity is actually something new and interesting

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Peter will never be balanced because Marvel doesn't seem to want that. It just seems to want to repeat the same story beats. Peter revealing his identity is actually something new and interesting
    Only if they decide to make it stick.

Ultimate Member

Only if they decide to make it stick.
    True. But I can't be sure they will. All the other heroes get to progress in some way but Spidey still has to do the same thing over again