Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I mean, it's not like Peter Parker hasn't had a dozen movies. While this version is too young in a way, it's not necessarily true of the Multiverse.
    But for this specific iteration...besides, Miles would just come off redundant with the way they handled MCU Spidey unless they really changed his situation.
    They shouldn't have done it in the first place. We already saw high school Peter twice. Yet the other contemporary Avengers are now in their 30s, 40s & 50s (and with Jan & Hank, even older!). Ideally Miles should've been the high school MCU Spider-Man to begin with
    If they'd done a better job with him in high school or playing him off the other Avengers it would've been fine in my opinion. And if they'd done more with it than just ape certain Miles Morales aspects.

Kind of wonder about his post-Spidey career. He's already kind of downplaying Uncharted and I'm pretty sure Chaos Walking didn't do too well. Heard Cherry was pretty good though.

Wonder if him not doing future Spidey films doesn't rule him out appearing in future Marvel projects. After all, the last solo IM film was in 2013 but RDJR played Tony for six more years after that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wonder about his post-Spidey career. He's already kind of downplaying Uncharted and I'm pretty sure Chaos Walking didn't do too well. Heard Cherry was pretty good though.

Wonder if him not doing future Spidey films doesn't rule him out appearing in future Marvel projects. After all, the last solo IM film was in 2013 but RDJR played Tony for six more years after that.
    I really would rather Spidey get more solos than appearances in ensemble films, but I feel like that's what Marvel Studios has him around for.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Tom Holland says that it's time to pass the mantle to Miles. What? He's only 25. I can see Tom playing Spidey at least two more times.
    He already is Miles. Did he mean pass the title on to Peter?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But for this specific iteration...besides, Miles would just come off redundant with the way they handled MCU Spidey unless they really changed his situation.
    If they can somehow have 2 Black Widows, I don't see how Miles is redundant. We've had many Peter Parker movies. What else will they do with Peter?

If they'd done a better job with him in high school or playing him off the other Avengers it would've been fine in my opinion. And if they'd done more with it than just ape certain Miles Morales aspects.
    I don't have too much of a problem with how it was done. I don't get bothered by Tony Stark helping him out or whatever. My problem is him being a teen to begin with. Why can't he be an adult like the other Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    If they can somehow have 2 Black Widows, I don't see how Miles is redundant. We've had many Peter Parker movies. What else will they do with Peter?
    I don't really think of Yelena as Black Widow, although it's a different circumstance.

There's tons the movies haven't done with Peter yet, to be honest.
    I don't have too much of a problem with how it was done. I don't get bothered by Tony Stark helping him out or whatever. My problem is him being a teen to begin with. Why can't he be an adult like the other Avengers?
    I think execution-wise they didn't handle it well but I personally hate the Tony Stark stuff and still do. It goes well beyond "help."

I think it's more important he's a peer to The Avengers whatever his age and doesn't get treated like a kid or mentee.

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker in film is similar to Peter Pan He can never get older

Mighty Member

I’m surprised they have NEVER touched organized crime and their arms race with the world of superheroics. Gangsters were so big in Spidey that even Gobby and Ock tried to get in on that sweet crime lord action. With such a heavy presence in the early days of Spider-Man I’m genuinely shocked that the closest we got was Vulture being an arms dealer… did Daredevil steal all the mobster gusto from Spidey with Kingpin? Is something like criminals like Crime Master trying to monopolize all of the gangs of New York something that would be beneath Spidey since he deals with genocidal threats in the movies?

Ultimate Member

I don't really think of Yelena as Black Widow, although it's a different circumstance.

But what would they do? More of the same things we've seen in other movies.

I think execution-wise they didn't handle it well but I personally hate the Tony Stark stuff and still do. It goes well beyond "help."

I think it's more important he's a peer to The Avengers whatever his age and doesn't get treated like a kid or mentee.
    I still don't get why Tony Stark helping him is a problem. So what if someone helps him? More superheroes should help each other out. The problem, IMO, is being so young he can't be a peer. He really should be in his mid 30s. Otherwise why should I care about him if he doesn't age?

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Peter Parker in film is similar to Peter Pan He can never get older
    Comic Spidey has pretty much been stuck in his twenties or early 30s since at least the 80s I think.

If the speculation/rumors are right maybe we'll see a Peter close to his fifties.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Comic Spidey has pretty much been stuck in his twenties or early 30s since at least the 80s I think.

If the speculation/rumors are right maybe we'll see a Peter close to his fifties.
    Yeah, Maguire's Spidey

On that note, think it would be pretty cool for Michael Giacchino to reference the Spider-Man theme music from those films? I've always like Elfman's take, although Zimmer's was kind of a bit more generic IMO.

Tickets sale crashed the websites last night!

Sony confirms spidey stays in mcu! Three more films!

https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1465319646454763522

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Tickets sale crashed the websites last night!

Sony confirms spidey stays in mcu! Three more films!

https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1465319646454763522
    Somebody better make sure Holland's okay with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I’m surprised they have NEVER touched organized crime and their arms race with the world of superheroics. Gangsters were so big in Spidey that even Gobby and Ock tried to get in on that sweet crime lord action. With such a heavy presence in the early days of Spider-Man I’m genuinely shocked that the closest we got was Vulture being an arms dealer… did Daredevil steal all the mobster gusto from Spidey with Kingpin? Is something like criminals like Crime Master trying to monopolize all of the gangs of New York something that would be beneath Spidey since he deals with genocidal threats in the movies?
    Could it be that all of the characters tied to organized crime belonged to other studios? I mean, Kingpin was owned by Fox for years because he was tied in with Daredevil. It could be all of the other major crime figures were also tied in with other rights deals. Plus, when you think about Spider-Man, you usually think about his costumed enemies first, like Goblin or Doc Ock.