Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Just watched the first decent Spider-Man film since 2004.
    Nuff said.
    MY POWERS HAVE RETURNED TO ME!! I HAVEN'T LOST THEM!! I'M STILL SPIDER-MAN!

Also- it’s better than Endgame.

Nothing to do with anything but does the actor who plays Ned wear a wig? He’s bald in every interview I’ve ever seen. Curious if he just shaves his head after filming wraps or if he wears a wig in the film. He also looks a lot older with his head shaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Also- it’s better than Endgame.
    Is that a big deal? Lol the ending battle in endgame was cool but the rest was just so so

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Nothing to do with anything but does the actor who plays Ned wear a wig? He’s bald in every interview I’ve ever seen. Curious if he just shaves his head after filming wraps or if he wears a wig in the film. He also looks a lot older with his head shaved.
    I'm pretty sure it's a wig.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Is that a big deal? Lol the ending battle in endgame was cool but the rest was just so so
    OK, it’s better than Infinity War also.

Astonishing Member

Just saw it. Wow. Definitely a love letter and one for fans. Dafoe really brought serious game to this. Damn frightening.

Is there a spoiler thread yet or are we waiting for the full release on Friday?

I thought it was great. A bit of a mess, but most of the time it really works well.

Took some big swings with some plot/character points.

Feels like it has managed to do something with Peter Parker that other live action iterations haven’t.

I think this film will do a lot to win over Holland’s haters.

It was a joy to see Dafoe’s Norman Osborn again

I know a lot of Spider-Man fans don’t like the MCU etc, but I don’t think Sony have the ability to do this in their live action films half as well imo, following the Venom and TASM films

I’m very excited to watch it again

Jon Watts did a great job with this and I’m very excited to see what he does with Fantastic Four
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 12-16-2021 at 03:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Is there a spoiler thread yet or are we waiting for the full release on Friday?

I thought it was great. A bit of a mess, but most of the time it really works well.

Took some big swings with some plot/character points.

Feels like it has managed to do something with Peter Parker that other live action iterations haven’t.

I think this film will do a lot to win over Holland’s haters.

It was a joy to see Dafoe’s Norman Osborn again

I know a lot of Spider-Man fans don’t like the MCU etc, but I don’t think Sony have the ability to do this in their live action films half as well imo, following the Venom and TASM films

I’m very excited to watch it again
    One over in the Spidey threads proper

Alot of web-heads disliked the MCU because of the how much it loomed over what was going on in the Spidey films. This one corrects that. The MCU has a presence, but this is what the Holland films should have been from the get go: Spidey fighting Spidey villains. Not Spidey villains who had a beef with Tony Stark etc.

And, yes, Holland finally matured into the Spidey we know and love from the comics. He isnt a kid anymore. Not after this film.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 12-16-2021 at 03:22 AM.

Incredible Member

Watched the film yesterday and have to admit, up there with Spider-Man 2 and Homecoming, this is one of my personal favorite Spider-Man films ever.

Going into Spoiler territory now, so feel free to skip, or not (your choice)

spoilers:
    This is the week of Daredevil for sure, from Matt Murdock's appearance here to Kingpin in Hawkeye; makes me wonder what other Netflix heroes/ villains will make the jump over to the mainstream.
    20 years later, William Defoe and Alfred Molina have still got it as Green Goblin and Doc Ock.
    The Updated looks to Green Goblin and Electro was welcoming; Goblin looks less "Powers Rangers" and Electro actually looks like classic comic look (plus loving his fixation with the Arc Reactor).
    Aunt May's death really got to me; and having her do the "Great Power/ Great Responsibility) was sweet (but does that mean there was never a Uncle Ben in the MCU; we know there's no OsCorp in the MCU now)
    The audience in the cinema applauded when Garfield and Maguire appeared; they had alot of fun moments with Holland (Garf helping Maguire's back, comparing villains with Garf not having an alien villain; and "Is Avengers a band?" LOL etc)
    Garf's Spidey saving MJ, that was AMAZING, SPECTACULAR EVEN.
    How many of us thought Maguire's Spidey was gonna die when Goblin stabbed him.

Now it's not perfect, there are 3 minor nit-picks about the movie I have:
    1) Lizard and Sandman were really underplayed; don't get me wrong they have moments (Sandman helping Peter stop Electro at the beginning and Conners asking Max if he dies), but not as much as the other 3 villains
    2) Not a big fan of the "One More Day" ending (making everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, forget); really hope that MJ and Ned will get their memories back at some point (but man poor Ned looks recluse as heck; hope he doesn't become Hobgoblin)
    3) What. Was. The. Point. of. EDDIE BROCK (besides... well the symbiote slither left behind)
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

No Spoilers...

Great movie.

The crowd cheered a lot.

One thing I can't get over with, and I still need an explanation. Why is a character who acts and looks exactly like Ganke (and plays the exact part of Peters best friend) called Ned Leeds? I know who Ned Leeds is....but...it feels so wrong. It sounds so wrong when everyone is calling Ganke Ned.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I felt the opposite. Endgame was a good movie with, for the most part, a lame ending battle.

I have never been an MCU Spider-Man hater, despite being a life long fan of the character. Spider-Man had the bad luck of being introduced to the MCU while it was in full swing (no pun intended), which makes him a fundamentally different character than he would be if he developed independently at roughly the same time. The Tom Holland Spider-Man is the Spider-Man that makes the most sense to have come of age in a world where Tony Stark is revealed he's Iron Man to the world when you're just a kid.

It doesn't REALLY bother me that Peter Parker is essentially Iron Kid, because it makes sense for his character. Plus we have the Raimi films and the Webb films. We also have Spider-Verse. And I'm sure in the next decade or so, we'll have a new set of Spider-Man movies that will do their own thing, even of the Holland movies continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I felt the opposite. Endgame was a good movie with, for the most part, a lame ending battle.
    I didn't even really care for the final battle. To be honest, I hated the fact that it we needed to bring in two faceless armies that dwarfed the numbers of named characters to duke it out. It really felt like it cheapened the build up to essentially have Lord of the Rings happen in the background while a superhero movie tried to fight for relevance. I don't care about the Valkyries, the Wakandan army, the Acolytes of the Ancient One, the Ravagers, and the Chitauri. I care about the Avengers and at the end of the day and while they did get the main focus through the battle, the Avengers Assemble moment didn't have the gravitas it did, in part due to Chris Evans' understated line reading, but also because it was a battle between two armies, not two super teams.

Also, I thought it was a bit of a cop out to have them essentially have the battle essentially take place at ground zero of a nuclear blast. I understand it was so they could employ liberal use of green screen, but it took me out of the film a bit.

So yeah, Avengers Endgame is kind of a bust for me.
    Last edited by C_Miller; 12-16-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Felt this was…average. Maybe even placed in the lower bottom half of all Marvel movies.

Maybe that’s because I was hoping they wouldn’t go with all the “expecteds”. The only true surprises for me were spoilers:
    Aunt May’s death and the “everyone forgets Peter” ending
    end of spoilers

That could also come from me being a comic book fan and knowing that the “Spider-Verse” is a thing. It could also be from knowing “the multi-verse” has been hyped up for some time now, especially in this phase of the MCU.

I dare say I enjoyed the other Marvel films released this year better.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 12-17-2021 at 03:41 PM.