Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

It’s amazing what people will throw away for the sake of clout. That VFX artist can kiss his career goodbye.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Once a trailer is leaked. it is leaked. Sorry Sony and Marvel but that is the internet for you. many have seen it, went on comic book movie.com and wholla, the site has the photos of Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx and William Dafoe that I trust was from the leaked trailer and from what I have seen so far, it looks more like a strange reunion.

You know, this movie theme was not really necessary. Holland has never gotten a true stand alone Spiderman film in the MCU, it is going to be really really hard for MCU to pull this film off, because they could have gone for something easier on paper but with more substance in story , like a more self contained Spiderman film, a character who is now on his own maturing, after the death of his mentor Iron Man, but they just went even more over the top with connected universes in a Spiderman film ,where the main character is still a baby and still needs to be coached or looked after by Dr Strange.
    While I agree that Holland has never gotten a real standalone film, he does have the most appearances as Spider-Man, where we've seen him grow as the character. And it's not like other iterations of Spider-Man were without a support structure- Maguire's was the closest, but he still had plenty of help in his movies (from Harry, from Doc Ock, hell, from the whole city of New York). Garfield's movies at times felt like a team-up with him and Gwen (and again, he got help from the city of New York at the end of the first one). I'd argue that Holland's Spider-Man is now following a formula that's been popularized on comic book TV shows- you have the main hero, and he/she has a team to back them up. And I think that's something we've all complained about- how the main character usually feels sidelined and lessened by constantly having to rely on a team to back them up- but there's no shame in a hero knowing their strengths and weaknesses and knowing when to ask for help.

As for the concept, they've already proven it could work with Into the Spider-Verse. Sure, that was animated, but the same concept can be pulled off in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I agree that Holland has never gotten a real standalone film, he does have the most appearances as Spider-Man, where we've seen him grow as the character. And it's not like other iterations of Spider-Man were without a support structure- Maguire's was the closest, but he still had plenty of help in his movies (from Harry, from Doc Ock, hell, from the whole city of New York). Garfield's movies at times felt like a team-up with him and Gwen (and again, he got help from the city of New York at the end of the first one). I'd argue that Holland's Spider-Man is now following a formula that's been popularized on comic book TV shows- you have the main hero, and he/she has a team to back them up. And I think that's something we've all complained about- how the main character usually feels sidelined and lessened by constantly having to rely on a team to back them up- but there's no shame in a hero knowing their strengths and weaknesses and knowing when to ask for help.
    Holland's character development just feels so sporadic because he's shifting from his solo movies to Avengers films to having to backpeddle off of Tony Stark stuff.

He beat Doc Ock on his own. He only really needed Otto to help him clean up Otto's mess and so he could redeem himself.

I thought they took it too far with Gwen to where she had to tell him how to beat Electro because she was the "smart one" of the pair.
    As for the concept, they've already proven it could work with Into the Spider-Verse. Sure, that was animated, but the same concept can be pulled off in live action.
    Is there some kind of Spider-Man movie milestone I'm missing? Or some kind of anniversary? Because that feels like more justification for doing this than just randomly saddling Holland with a bunch of multiversal Spider-Man shenanigans I don't think fit his character at this point in his career.

I only care about Tobey Spider-Man, was he in this leaked trailer? I saw some of his villains popped up.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I only care about Tobey Spider-Man, was he in this leaked trailer? I saw some of his villains popped up.
    Nope.

But it's a blurry trailer with incomplete CGI. If he showed up in a background we wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

That's not whats happening at all with Holland's Spider-Man. Both his solo movies climaxed with him being stripped of his gadgets and forced to rely on his own abilities to defeat his villains. He was both the brains and brawn for his villain fights.

The problem with the MCU Spider-Man is it's getting bogged down by being team up/cross over movies. Imagine if Marvel cancelled every Spider-Man comic and all you had left was 'Spider-Man Team Up' happening concurrently with Spider-Man on the Avengers roster. How is Spider-Man teaming up with other heroes 'special' if he is doing that even in his solo title? It means that whichever character he is teaming up with becomes the second most important character in the plot. It was fun the first time but the novelty is starting to wear off.

This approach leaves his supporting cast under developed and it shows. Holland has the weakest supporting cast out of all the Spider-Man movies. First you have 'Ned Lee' from the Spectacular Spider-Man show mixed with Ganke from Miles Morales Spider-Man. I mean...why? It just invites hostility from Miles fans and begs the question of why they didn't just go with Miles in the first place. I get that they didn't want to go with Harry Osborn and MJ's role in USM comics was basically given to Gwen in the Amazing Spider-Man movies but Peter still has plenty of supporting characters that could have served the best friend role: Randy Robertson, Hobbie Brown, a teenage Phil Urich or maybe even a reimagined Eugene Patilio. No need to yank from somebody else's story. That's not even getting into what they are doing with Zendaya's not!MJ/'Michelle Jones'/MJ/whoever the **** she's playing. Nevermind Aunt May being reduced to 'hot Aunt' jokes which is a sentence I never thought I would type in my lifetime.

Overall, even though the leaked trailer gives a good impression I'm kind of bummed out that we are missing out on another opportunity to see this Peter's supporting cast get fleshed out. I was actually interested in getting to know them more after FFH.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's not whats happening at all with Holland's Spider-Man. Both his solo movies climaxed with him being stripped of his gadgets and forced to rely on his own abilities to defeat his villains. He was both the brains and brawn for his villain fights.

The problem with the MCU Spider-Man is it's getting bogged down by being team up/cross over movies. Imagine if Marvel cancelled every Spider-Man comic and all you had left was 'Spider-Man Team Up' happening concurrently with Spider-Man on the Avengers roster. How is Spider-Man teaming up with other heroes 'special' if he is doing that even in his solo title? It means that whichever character he is teaming up with becomes the second most important character in the plot. It was fun the first time but the novelty is starting to wear off.

This approach leaves his supporting cast under developed and it shows. Holland has the weakest supporting cast out of all the Spider-Man movies. First you have 'Ned Lee' from the Spectacular Spider-Man show mixed with Ganke from Miles Morales Spider-Man. I mean...why? It just invites hostility from Miles fans and begs the question of why they didn't just go with Miles in the first place. I get that they didn't want to go with Harry Osborn and MJ's role in USM comics was basically given to Gwen in the Amazing Spider-Man movies but Peter still has plenty of supporting characters that could have served the best friend role: Randy Robertson, Hobbie Brown, a teenage Phil Urich or maybe even a reimagined Eugene Patilio. No need to yank from somebody else's story. That's not even getting into what they are doing with Zendaya's not!MJ/'Michelle Jones'/MJ/whoever the **** she's playing. Nevermind Aunt May being reduced to 'hot Aunt' jokes which is a sentence I never thought I would type in my lifetime.

Overall, even though the leaked trailer gives a good impression I'm kind of bummed out that we are missing out on another opportunity to see this Peter's supporting cast get fleshed out. I was actually interested in getting to know them more after FFH.
    Part of it is legality, right? I just assumed Marvel needed to shove in some of their MCU characters to have some stake in the movie, otherwise then it would be just Sony-owned characters and thus eliminates Marvel Studios from the equation (and also proving legally that Sony doesn't need that partnership, e.g. the success of Venom, as well as Into the Spider-Verse).

Though, point taken about other heroes and characters therefore usurping the supporting cast as a consequence.

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I do feel like the supporting cast being weak and underdeveloped has kind of become a more common opinion for MCU Spider-Man.

BANNED

Zendaya is playing Mary Jane, no one doubts that, Also depending on how long sony keeps letting marvel use the film rights. I think Zendaya will be in the mcu for a long time and that means she is going to start to look like a lady and aged, sorry disney but you cant do the kid-teen thing with Spiderman forever, I am not even sure Holland and Zandaya look like teens anymore.

It will be best for Michelle to grow up. Tries to become a model or actress (like the comics and some cartoons) and gets herself a new stage name called Mary Jane Watson.

Got to admit, this theory is pretty neat.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    LOOLOLOLOLOL...Sony should just release the part of the teaser with completed FX.

It's out.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sony has officially released the trailer anyhow. So its moot , it leaked early and Sony was like...hell with it. Here you go .

- Doing the One More Day storyline but doing it so good is nice. Nice nod to that.

- Strange trying to help but not realizing several things ....one Loki has made the multiverse suddenly explode by accident as we saw. Meanwhile Scarlet Witch has weakened reality as well with her actions. Strange has no clue he's about to toss a lit match into gasoline with his spell.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's out.

I wonder if that's Matt Murdock at the 30 second mark, the one slamming the papers on the desk.

Well...I'll watch it, I'm psyched, but...a part of me wonders what a real stand-alone (zero cameos) with Holland's Spider-Man would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sony has officially released the trailer anyhow. So its moot , it leaked early and Sony was like...hell with it. Here you go .

- Doing the One More Day storyline but doing it so good is nice. Nice nod to that.

- Strange trying to help but not realizing several things ....one Loki has made the multiverse suddenly explode by accident as we saw. Meanwhile Scarlet Witch has weakened reality as well with her actions. Strange has no clue he's about to toss a lit match into gasoline with his spell.
    Haven't seen the Disney+ series, didn't know that.

We didn't see Gobby, but we did see one of his pumpkin bombs - Dafoe confirmed?