Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    And they claimed the movies aren't consistent because IW supposedly retconned into lying about his reason for declining being an Avenger in Homecoming
    Ah. I think we're back to its a joke thing. Yeah, that's a silly premise, IMO. The two films are just not consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So are we expecting Maguire and Garfield to fulfill the movies need for Spider-Man quips that I doubt we'll get from Holland?
    Maguire was never the quipster, but Garfield yeah I could see maybe if he's really in (has that ever been confirmed or still just rumor?).

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The little video reminded me that Ben's Spidey was the only one that really quipped. Tobey was all about the bad puns (another Spidey staple) and Tom's is all about being flippant (another Spidey staple).

Man, I wish Ben got more time ...
    Tobey, Andrew, Tom...who the heck is Ben and when did he play Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    So basically elements from these stories are bad and should not adapted in other media because you say so.
    Really? Don't be that guy, don't put words in my mouth, just don't. You think you're making a point, but you're not. You're not because you know I didn't mean it like that, you knew damn well I meant it as in "focusing on those elements at the expense of other more common ones makes an end result that in my opinion doesn't feel very much like the Spider-Man I know." But that doesn't get the result you want so better to use a somewhat dishonest tactic to make me sound more unreasonable.

Edit: And before you try and reiterate your point, you also know damn well that I never implied that those elements shouldn't be adapted, but that they, again my opinion, shouldn't have been blown up to the size and extent and the focus that they are, and yes there is a difference.

Double edit: And sorry that I've lost my cool here, but that style of "debate" you used in that post is frankly one that I've been the butt of too damn often and I now no longer have any tolerance for. Assumptions of the poster, the "because you say so" remarks will forever more just piss me off and make me want to scream "f u" to the heavens, that's just where my personal experience has left me. If you want to debate me, please don't resort to that tactic. It just feels so rude to me that it makes me respond rudely in kind. Seriously, it's just a damn trigger at this point.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 08-25-2021 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Tobey, Andrew, Tom...who the heck is Ben and when did he play Spider-Man?
    LOL! My bad. I meant Andrew. Hahaha ... sorry!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

LOL! My bad. I meant Andrew. Hahaha ... sorry!
    Oh good, for the life of me I was trying to wonder if I missed something, if maybe that was the actor from an old show or cartoon - I was googling that ****.

Extraordinary Member

In my opinion, Peter Parker's genuine wish to be close to the ground hero and not be an Avenger isn't negated by him being pleased to be inducted by Stark in Infinity War.

As others have noted everyone likes validation to a certain extent. So I can see that being a factor there. Just my 2 cents.

Something else I thought of: Peter never met the irresponsible occasionally drunk eff up that Tony Stark used to be. Happy told Peter that Stark could be a mess at times but Pete never saw it himself.

He wasn't a founding Avenger so he never saw Tony's egomania on display. In Civil War Tony was on the side of the law so he'd seem reasonable to Peter.

In Homecoming Tony is trying to be a responsible authority figure for Pete. In Endgame Peter and Tony are hanging out with Dr. Strange, another egomaniac and... Peter Quill and the Guardians. It's easy for Stark to seem like the voice of reason among that bunch.

MCU Peter Parker is one of the few main characters in the MCU who didnt have to deal with Tony's issues or see them on display personally.

Goes a long way to maybe explain Peter's reverence for Tony. He didn't see any of the bad stuff first hand.

Oh good, for the life of me I was trying to wonder if I missed something, if maybe that was the actor from an old show or cartoon - I was googling that ****.
    Sorry for the goose chase.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Sorry for the goose chase.
    Nah don't be - was an honest mistake and funny when I found out.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think from Peter's perspective, he was an Avenger when Tony said he was. At that point, Tony was, de facto, the Avengers. Certainly a 15 year old would interpret him that way.
    Yah, Peter probably thought so. But we have no evidence the rest of the group knew, and it became a moot point is what I am saying.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Because trust Sony ain't never giving those rights back we'll get another Peter Parker someday.
    It is interesting that this seems to be at the heart of most of the heated debates over portrayal but whenever we point this out nobody wants to address it. It is as if the wound is too sore to touch so people would rather concentrate on the minor symptoms.

It feels very strange to me that a Spider-Man fan of any stripe would seek to analyse either Sony or Disney's treatment of this character through arguments about whether he 'feels like Peter'. But I suppose these exact same arguments come up every time a new writer takes on the character in the comics, so we shouldn't be surprised.

There are just too many mines in this field. Should Peter be an adult, should he be married, should he be a teen, should he have a connection with Stark, should he be an Avenger, these are not questions unique to the movies.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Thinking about the trailer and what it suggests about the story, I suspect the arrival of Doc Ock may not actually be part of the multiversal storyline, except in theme.

I know that may seem weird but bear with me. We see Peter in casual clothes being interrogated and then we see him in a suit and tie. We see a number of characters in cars.

The narrative that this makes me imagine, and I stress that this is just a hunch and could be completely wrong, is that Peter was exposed. He goes to school in an attempt to continue his life but gets arrested and confronted with evidence that his is either guilty of murder or guilty of some other 'unlicensed vigilante' idea. He is on his way to his day in court with May and the traffic is terrible, Happy is also caught up in the traffic, Doc Ock turns up and chaos ensues.

This does beg the question as to why Doc Ock turns up, but it could easily be related to the events in the MCU timeline somehow. Events we haven't seen. Doc Ock may even be on a recruitment drive and thinking Peter is a potential ally.

Either way, if Peter doesn't get to court he would be pretty desperate depending upon the ruling that happens in his absence.

The casting choice for Doc Ock could just as easily be a nod to the fact that we are about to go down a multiversal rabbit hole and that we will see two separate but similarly cast versions of him.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its basically Strange in place of Mephisto here and him not realizing the complications that will arise soon. Also unlike OMD in comics where Peter was cowardly and didn't take responsibility leaving it all on Mary-Jane...here he is the one pushing for this solution. Because of how his life is in chaos. So this is better than One More Day. Its perhaps the best one we can get.
    You're right I forget about the part in omd were he has to fight Villains from different unvers.

No clue who that is, didn't see much of that show.
    It's a really good show check it out 👍

So hyped for this. I am going to lose it when I see Tobey return. I think the next or final trailer will show him and Andrew for maximum hype