Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I don't get it. Couldn't the entire Avengers Roster and SHIELD vouch for Parker? Pepper Potts verify Mysterio was a bad seed? I don't get how this even blew out of proportion like that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I don't get it. Couldn't the entire Avengers Roster and SHIELD vouch for Parker? Pepper Potts verify Mysterio was a bad seed? I don't get how this even blew out of proportion like that.
    In fairness, they don't seem to focus on that much. Peter isn't in jail, just being interviewed. He might just have to go to trial and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Yeah, people like to try and make it out that all the things they don't like about MCU Spider-Man is all Marvel's fault, but actuality is Sony is the one who wants these characters in the Spider-Man movies...

I urge you to take a step back and look at what is really happening between Sony and Marvel/Disney. An unprecedented cooperation between two large companies in their mutual interests.

That relationship is far closer than such entrenched fandom likes to acknowledge.

An anecdote to reflect upon is that when Feige told Amy Pascal that he had a plan to incorporate Spider-Man in the MCU she openly scoffed and threw her sandwich at Feige. Feige then described how the deal was being put together.

The important part of this anecdote that often gets missed is that they were sharing a lunch together and it wasn't where the deal was being struck. That was being done at a higher level than either of them. They are friends and old colleagues not sworn enemies. Close enough that her throwing a sandwich wasn't inappropriate.

Sony valued this close relationship so much that when Pascal decided to move to another company they struck a deal to keep her around for the Spider-Man franchise. When Feige wanted to distance himself from the Spider-Man side of the MCU, which concerned Sony enough to delay the deal over this movie, things were smoothed over and ways around this were found.

Neither party wants the relationship to go sour. There is far too much at stake.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    He's a teen who's in over in his head, i don't see what's hard to get about it
    ...that it doesn't feel like Spider-Man?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I fail to see how, given how many Spider-Man stories that can be summed up as "Peter is in over his head and facing impossible odds."

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, they don't seem to focus on that much. Peter isn't in jail, just being interviewed. He might just have to go to trial and all that
    Yeah, the trailer feels like Peter gets cleared pretty fast but then has to deal with the ramifications of his identity being public at school and elsewhere in real-life. Avengers and SHIELD wouldn't be able to change that. That craziness leads him to Strange which then leads to the multiversal mess.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This is a good point…they definitely want to have their cake and eat it too. Peter is abandoned by the Avengers to have to fend for himself, yet can walk in and ask for help. Heck Mysterio being an ex Stark employee seems to be swept under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I urge you to take a step back and look at what is really happening between Sony and Marvel/Disney. An unprecedented cooperation between two large companies in their mutual interests.

That relationship is far closer than such entrenched fandom likes to acknowledge.

An anecdote to reflect upon is that when Feige told Amy Pascal that he had a plan to incorporate Spider-Man in the MCU she openly scoffed and threw her sandwich at Feige. Feige then described how the deal was being put together.

The important part of this anecdote that often gets missed is that they were sharing a lunch together and it wasn't where the deal was being struck. That was being done at a higher level than either of them. They are friends and old colleagues not sworn enemies. Close enough that her throwing a sandwich wasn't inappropriate.

Sony valued this close relationship so much that when Pascal decided to move to another company they struck a deal to keep her around for the Spider-Man franchise. When Feige wanted to distance himself from the Spider-Man side of the MCU, which concerned Sony enough to delay the deal over this movie, things were smoothed over and ways around this were found.

Neither party wants the relationship to go sour. There is far too much at stake.
    For good reason FFH got 1 billion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    This is a good point…they definitely want to have their cake and eat it too. Peter is abandoned by the Avengers to have to fend for himself, yet can walk in and ask for help. Heck Mysterio being an ex Stark employee seems to be swept under the rug.
    There's no Avengers team in the MCU currently.

Emphasis on "currently".

This is explained in the post above yours:

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Yeah, the trailer feels like Peter gets cleared pretty fast but then has to deal with the ramifications of his identity being public at school and elsewhere in real-life. Avengers and SHIELD wouldn't be able to change that. That craziness leads him to Strange which then leads to the multiversal mess.

BANNED

You say abandoned but what exactly are they supposed to do here?
    The most they can do is tell people they know Peter is a good guy who wouldn't kill anyone, and it's not like Peter is close to any of them except Tony who's dead and Strange by default and he's on the movie

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It sounds like the Spider-Man I grew up on.

Whatever Sony decided to do with Holland Spiderman I hope he encounters Falcon one more time. I want to see the friendly rivalry Holland and Mackie have play out on screen.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Spider-Man pretty frequently feels out of sorts and goes to other heroes like the Fantastic Four, Doc Strange or the X-Men for emotional/professional support and to be honest those types of cross overs are often some of the most fun I have reading Spider-Man.

They literally had a comic series based around Spidey teaming up with various other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It sounds like the Spider-Man I grew up on.

Whatever Sony decided to do with Holland Spiderman I hope he encounters Falcon one more time. I want to see the friendly rivalry Holland and Mackie have play out on screen.
    Especially now that Sam IS getting his own movie.

Also, I’m very interested in seeing how they build up personal stakes with a multiversal Sinister Six. It’s definitely a creative way to assemble that team.