Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80
  1. #61

    Default

    I'm wondering about the context of reintroducing SM2's Octavious. By the end of the movie he finally had a moment of clarity regarding what had happened to him, and then forced the arms to destroy the fusion reactor... hinting that he had his 'normal" personality back finally. So I wonder will he be that same personality or will he be "villainous" again?


  2. #62
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,579

    Default

    Maybe it'll be a version who never became good, and lived while Spider-Man died

  3. #63
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe it'll be a version who never became good, and lived while Spider-Man died
    That would be awesome.

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That would be awesome.
    I'm hoping we get the fully evil Doc Ock. Not the 2-D version from the Silver Age, necessarily, but one who's motivated by his own needs. Perhaps he'll swap minds with Peter

  5. #65
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm wondering about the context of reintroducing SM2's Octavious. By the end of the movie he finally had a moment of clarity regarding what had happened to him, and then forced the arms to destroy the fusion reactor... hinting that he had his 'normal" personality back finally. So I wonder will he be that same personality or will he be "villainous" again?

    he is just better as an alternate version .

    What made Spiderman 2 such a masterpiece of a comic film was the unconventional story telling, how many villains get to turn good again, accept responsibility for their action and pay the price for their sins to seek redemption even if it means their life?

    Dr Orc arc in Spiderman 2 was perfect and complete. Almost like when Luke and Anakin trumped over the Emperor in return of the jedi, no need to watch or get invested in whatever happened in episode 9 rise of skywalker. I will feel the same way if this is the same exact dr orc...they magically brought back to life like the Emperor
    Last edited by Castle; 04-17-2021 at 04:13 PM.

  6. #66
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,584

    Default

    Can a mod change the title of the thread to the proper movie title?

  7. #67
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can a mod change the title of the thread to the proper movie title?
    Ask a mod if you want but I don't really think it matters we all know what the thread is for plus it's kinda a fun name ��

  8. #68
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Somewhere in Time & Space
    Posts
    6,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    he is just better as an alternate version .

    What made Spiderman 2 such a masterpiece of a comic film was the unconventional story telling, how many villains get to turn good again, accept responsibility for their action and pay the price for their sins to seek redemption even if it means their life?

    Dr Orc arc in Spiderman 2 was perfect and complete. Almost like when Luke and Anakin trumped over the Emperor in return of the jedi, no need to watch or get invested in whatever happened in episode 9 rise of skywalker. I will feel the same way if this is the same exact dr orc...they magically brought back to life like the Emperor
    Not a big fan of the Sequel Trilogy and my own personal canon will always be Legends. But Legends brought the Emperor back in Dark Empire thru cloning and it never negated the impact of ROTJ Vader killing Palpatine wasn't the point Vader sacrificing himself to save his son was and neither Dark Empire or TROS changes that.

  9. #69

    Default

    Why isn't the thread title adjusted to the film name?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  10. #70
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Why isn't the thread title adjusted to the film name?
    Only Mods and Admin can change Thread titles. The OP has to ask.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  11. #71

  12. #72
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm wondering about the context of reintroducing SM2's Octavious. By the end of the movie he finally had a moment of clarity regarding what had happened to him, and then forced the arms to destroy the fusion reactor... hinting that he had his 'normal" personality back finally. So I wonder will he be that same personality or will he be "villainous" again?

    Might be interesting if Otto's mind was "dead" from the final battle in SM2 and the AI from the arms was now driving the bus. All of Otto's memories and experiences, but none of his conscience or even dubious morality. Also potentially fewer pesky worries about being injured in fights, because his body is basically just a meat suit and a library.

  13. #73
    Incredible Member green_garnish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    but none of his conscience or even dubious morality.
    Dubious? How so?

  14. #74
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Not a big fan of the Sequel Trilogy and my own personal canon will always be Legends. But Legends brought the Emperor back in Dark Empire thru cloning and it never negated the impact of ROTJ Vader killing Palpatine wasn't the point Vader sacrificing himself to save his son was and neither Dark Empire or TROS changes that.
    Star Wars Expanded universe is not the 6 films canon universe.

  15. #75
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Somewhere in Time & Space
    Posts
    6,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Star Wars Expanded universe is not the 6 films canon universe.
    Okay doesn't negate my point that the important plot point was Vader sacrificing himself for his son and not Palpatine's death. Also here's the issue with caring too much about "Canon"

    I HATE Star Trek Discovery I think it violates Canon, it's dumbed down ST IMO, and it violates Gene's vision of humanity in the future in it's pilot with Michael knocking out her Captain, committing an act of mutiny, and starting a war keep in mind Gene Roddenberry use to drive TNG writers nuts because he believed conflict should come from the outside not within the crew as humanity would move past that.

    I think Godfather III is an okay movie but a terrible ending to the Masterpieces that are Godfather I & II.

    I love Robocop and really enjoy Robocop 2 but think Robocop 3 Sucks.

    Then there's Alien/Aliens Franchise, Predator Franchise, and so many others heck I HATE the Prequels the best SW Prequel films are Rogue One and even with it's issue Solo IMO.

    But here's the thing you want to know why I don't care that my favorite films and shows are "Canonically" connected to stuff that sucks? Because I can ignore it, I just don't watch the bad and move on.

    Even if Spider-Man No Way Home resurrects Raimi's Doc Ock who cares? Does that make you enjoy Spider-Man 2 less? Because if it does to quote another Disney Property "Let it Go" seriously to all the Fanboys out there love what you love and ignore the bad and move on life is too short.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 04-20-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •