Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Just got home from seeing this and I am still on cloud 9. This is an epic movie that is a straight up love letter to Spider-Man fans. Yea, it plays into nostalgia but it’s done in all the right ways. It also fixes some of the complaints people had about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man.

There are some nitpicks here and there but this is the best Spider Man live action movie to date. It’s also easily one of the very best of the MCU films. I liked it WAY more than either of the MCU movies released this year Shang Chi and ETERNALS. To be fair, I did like Shang Chi, but Eternals I didn’t really like as I honestly thought it was boring as hell. I will also be bold and say I liked No Way Home more than Endgame.

10/10 movie here

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Spiderman has fans, (me included) but fans tend to have a different take on how their beloved character is adapted on film, I think that is the whole point here of the discussion thread. Holland's Spiderman if research is done,( as I have) seems to be the least favoured of all Spiderman because you can honestly make the case he is the least closest Spiderman to the source material.

Also Anthony W is sort of right about MJ (in a way) although I would not go as far as to call her dress style hobo, I think I referred to it on the cbr spiderman forum as ''plain jane''. Which if you are a long term spiderman fan, you know that is not really the case for MJ.

MJ is meant to be a very sexy and very appealing girl. If you want to get rich into Spiderman's lore. Gwen Stacy was more of the plain jane, while MJ was more of the sexy beautiful gorgeous girl.

Like her or not Kristen Dunst was sexy, and you got many comic fan boys drooling over her in that upside down kiss scene in Spiderman 1. Ha, let's not pretend Sam Raimi had no clue that Kristen Dusnt was not wearing a bra in that scene. However I will say that is part of mary jane's character, she has always been a sex symbol in comic lore.

MCU here seem to have missed that mark with MJ for reasons that feels very obvious but maybe understandable, if you have watched other Disney channel show and movies and how teen girls are presented on the show. Usually, Disney teen characters are never sexy, they are cute and wholesome but not sexy. Zandaya MJ is just that as well.
    No disrespect to Kristen but you definitely on drugs if you think Zendaya is ugly or not sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    No disrespect to Kristen but you definitely on drugs if you think Zendaya is ugly or not sexy.
    Or he just has different taste then you. Personally I wouldn't call her sexy per say but she's definitely not ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol what are we even talking about ? It’s all preference I guess but I think Zendaya is a lot more sexy then Dunst on her best day. But Zendaya is playing an underage kid here. So I think going out of there way to make her look sexy would have felt gross in this context.also think she dresses way more urban hipster then like a homeless person. Of all the things to be caught up on this feels weird. She’s not even that MJ so why comparison to Dunst anyway. Green Goblin wearing a Power ranger suit is great but a different MJ not dressing like a sexy starlet is a line too far.
    Spoiler removed
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 12-17-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Or he just has different taste then you.
    The same could be applied to his statement which he is spouting off like it’s a fact.

Also is this a spoiler thread or not? I feel bad for folks who haven’t seen the movie yet that might browse in this thread.

The same could be applied to his statement which he is spouting off like it’s a fact.
    I definitely Agree

BANNED

On the contrary I said it here on another forum

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...haracter/page5

That Zandaya in real life is more beautiful than Kristen Dunst, I even said she is as stunning as Gal Gadot. The only thing is Zandaya's beauty and sex appeal in the MCU movies has been very watered down.

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Scores 2nd Best Opening Day Of All Time With $121M, 3-Day Now Between $242M-$247M+

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-...ly-1234898486/

In the midst of a pandemic with a new variant, No Way Home is still out here breaking records.

Also, this and Hawkeye were shot entirely during the pandemic. That's insane. I'm very interested in the logistics of how they managed to pull this off.

$253m. Over $500m worldwide and passed star wars fa as third highest grossing opening in history.

I'm gonna have to wait with throwing my money on that heap here in Holland, and so will the Danes. As per stricter anti-Covid regulations due to the rise of the omicron variant, movie theatres in our two countries will be closed till at least mid January =(
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Incredible Member

My theater was relatively quiet at all the moments you'd expect them to react, I wasn't expecting much from Matt Murdock's cameo but there was zilch applause for Maguire and Garfield and hardly anybody clapped at the end.

Thoughts on #SpiderManNoWayHome (spoilers follow) ...
    1. This is the Endgame of Spider-Man movies. I honestly don't think they can go bigger than this going forward for Spidey solo movies.

2. Into The Spider-Verse now actually has stiff competition for Best Spider-Man Movie Ever (right now, I'd still give it to ITSV over NWH: you don't need to have seen any SM movies before it, and the music is so much more a factor).

3. Had a tough time believing so many civilians in the MCU would immediately forget all the good Spider-Man did in favor of their new "hero" Mysterio's lies (suddenly remembers Jan 6th IRL) ... you know what, nevermind. Too many people CAN be manipulated into believing anything.

4. The fallout to having a secret identity made public was a big reminder why so few superheroes still bother with them anymore (Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, and Clark Kent are the only major ones left for whom secret identity are a huge part).

5. Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock! Hope they do more with him onscreen in the MCU going forward!

6. The MCU Spider-Man movies never featured Uncle Ben, but each one did feature an elder male authority figure. HC had Tony Stark, FFH had Nick Fury, and NWH has Dr. Strange. It'll be interesting to see if Peter can go it on his own from here.

7. The Spider-Villains were great! Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, Sandman, The Lizard all got to make use of their limited time onscreen well.
    Lots of nostalgia here. Speaking of which ...

8. Holy shit, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were perfect, both with Tom Holland and in general! I thought it was going to be cameos, but no, they were integral to the plot right to the end. Suffice to say, I could gush about every second they were onscreen, from the intros, to the fighting, to (esp) just talking. No prior movie could even begin to pull off something like this.

9. Aunt May dying would normally anger me, but ... I understand. Peter had to lose the one close person that he couldn't just start over from square one again. And since we never saw this Peter lose Uncle Ben, it's kinda fitting we watch him lose Aunt May ��

10. So is Eddie Brock back in the Sonyverse or still in the MCU? Can't imagine that stinger was strictly for the jokes.

Bottom Line: No Way Home was as stuffed a movie I've seen that somehow never went into overstuffed territory. For the longtime Spider-Man fans, this movie is Mount Everest. I loved it.

Grade: 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    My theater was relatively quiet at all the moments you'd expect them to react, I wasn't expecting much from Matt Murdock's cameo but there was zilch applause for Maguire and Garfield and hardly anybody clapped at the end.
    Same here but that’s normal in my area. I also only do matinee showings so maybe that’s something.