Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I don't get it. Couldn't the entire Avengers Roster and SHIELD vouch for Parker? Pepper Potts verify Mysterio was a bad seed? I don't get how this even blew out of proportion like that.
    Those connections might be what keeps him out of a jail cell prior to any hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I fail to see how, given how many Spider-Man stories that can be summed up as "Peter is in over his head and facing impossible odds."
    MCU Pete is a lot more polite and deferential than Marc Webb's Pete. But MCU Pete is in a world where nearly everyone is an ex Soldier, Spy, Reformed Thief or Reformed Terrorist. Among those Vets, MCU Pete is the designated fresh faced rookie of the MCU.

Now, 616 Pete had no mentors. The closest he gets to having a mentor is Captain Stacy who dies before he can give Pete any heroic advice. And that was in the '60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I can't possibly imagine a world where Venom is better, like outside of Tom Hardy acting like crazy person and some action really nothing about the movie is good.

Except Michelle isn't Mary Jane, they have said this multiple times, and Peter shouldn't be with Liz just because she's the girl you would probably wanna go out with.
    They should stop calling her MJ then.
    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Doctor Strange 2 will most likely be about him having to undo the damage he has done with this movie while also trying to undo the damage Scarlet Witch did.
    Maybe this is all building him up to be Sorcerer Supreme level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    A couple of things that I noticed:

MJ asking Peter if he's relieved now that he doesn't have to lie anymore. Dr. Strange telling Peter that the more he tries to live to separate lives the worse things will get.

So I get the impression Peter isn't going to get what he wants in the end.

The Spider Man movies try to have as much fun with Peter's secret I.D. as possible while at the same time in universe and on a meta level regarding secret I.D.s as pointless.
    I don't know about fun so much as just treating it flippantly. But without his secret identity he's just another dime-a-dozen MCU hero who is a hero 99% of the time.

Can't just one hero not have everybody knowing who they are for more than five minutes?
    I missed the references to Sandman and Electro that everyone else saw. I wasn't a fan of the Marc Webb Electro the first time I saw him. Not looking forward to seeing him again.
    You see a lightning strike and some sand popping up together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Lizard also appears to be hinted at in the trailer. so that leaves either Mysterio, Vulture or someone else.
    The rumor is the last one is Rhino.

Which makes sense because you'd get three Maguire villains (Gobby, Ock, Sandman) and three Garfield villains (Lizard, Electro, Rhino).
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There's no Avengers team in the MCU currently.

Emphasis on "currently".
    Granted we saw with Wanda, Vision, and I guess even Sam to some extent how well the Avengers or their associates take care of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Especially now that Sam IS getting his own movie.

Also, I’m very interested in seeing how they build up personal stakes with a multiversal Sinister Six. It’s definitely a creative way to assemble that team.
    I do find it kind of hilarious that Holland's Sinister Six has no villains he is even remotely associated or have any history with. It's all villains associated with other Spider-Men.

I'm reminded of that Darkwing Duck special from the modern Ducktales reboot where they bring all the Darkwing villains from the in-universe TV show for their version of Darkwing to fight because they didn't exist in the real world.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Even there's probably no chance of it happening, I kinda hope the 6th member (assuming there is a 6th) be a complete curveball. Like Scorpion.

So at around 2:23 of the trailer peter is fighting a monster like thing! Lizard from asm2? Venom from sm3? Sandman in monster form or a demon dr strange let out?

But one smaller moment has fans arguing about whether we could be seeing The Lizard or, more unexpectedly, Venom making an appearance.

A blink-and-you'll-miss-it section of the trailer sparked the debate. At around the 2:27 mark, the trailer shows a short shot of a still-to-be-revealed villain seemingly crashing into a Doctor Strange-conjured shield behind Peter Parker. Many immediately took the shadowy, hulking figure to signal the return of The Lizard from 2012's The Amazing Spider-Man.

The inclusion of The Lizard would make sense based upon what we know about the film's villains so far. A number of short sections of the trailer suggest that a lineup of villains including Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Electro, and the Sandman could be returning from across Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man movies. With Curt Connor's Lizard featuring in 2012's The Amazing Spider-Man, and the creature in the trailer letting out a low, rumbling roar, this would make for a sensible cameo in the trailer.

As with anything on the internet though, some people disagree, pointing out that the dark figure could instead be Spider-Man's symbiote nemesis, Venom. Eddie Brock was previously a part of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 back in 2007. The Marvel villain has since seen his own entirely separate franchise of films which star Tom Hardy as Brock, but have never crossed over with Tom Holland's take on Spider-Man.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-...llain-mcu-sony

Photo

https://twitter.com/AW_Official_/sta...811011/photo/1

Also looks like the sacred timeline from loki is in a shot of the trailer! Wonder if dr strange did his spell the same time as a big event in loki was going on messing up the spell?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I don't get it. Couldn't the entire Avengers Roster and SHIELD vouch for Parker? Pepper Potts verify Mysterio was a bad seed? I don't get how this even blew out of proportion like that.
    This is the stuff you know that How It Should Have Ended will gleefully point out and animate.

That said we don't know what will happen with the trial. Pepper should almost certainly come forward and reveal Mister Beck's background and dubious nature, assuming that Happy doesn't do so on her behalf (though his connection to Aunt May might make him seem discredited). Sadly I doubt the actual trial will be the focus. They likely to only have about fifteen to twenty minutes on it before the attempted retcon by Strange.

Who says that most of these guys showing up aren't just Mysterio being Mysterio?

It seems a bit weird to not have at least 1 or 2 of Holland's rogues show up to me. Sandman and Electro could easily be Mysterio.

The only confirmed via casting have been Electro, Green Goblin, and Doc Ock right? So 2 Tobey and 1 Garfield villain.

Jacob Batalon has lost over 100 pounds ... could it be a setup for his brainwashed version of Hobgoblin?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    This is the stuff you know that How It Should Have Ended will gleefully point out and animate.

That said we don't know what will happen with the trial. Pepper should almost certainly come forward and reveal Mister Beck's background and dubious nature, assuming that Happy doesn't do so on her behalf (though his connection to Aunt May might make him seem discredited). Sadly I doubt the actual trial will be the focus. They likely to only have about fifteen to twenty minutes on it before the attempted retcon by Strange.
    Happy is shown in peril in the trailer ... might not make it to the court case.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-24-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Who says that most of these guys showing up aren't just Mysterio being Mysterio?

It seems a bit weird to not have at least 1 or 2 of Holland's rogues show up to me. Sandman and Electro could easily be Mysterio.

The only confirmed via casting have been Electro, Green Goblin, and Doc Ock right? So 2 Tobey and 1 Garfield villain.

Jacob Batalon has lost over 100 pounds ... could it be a setup for his brainwashed version of Hobgoblin?
    It's because they're leaning into the Multiverse.

Lizard is a blink-and-you'll-miss it shot in the trailer and it's speculated Sandman and Rhino make up the rest of the Six. So 3 Tobey and 3 Garfield.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can't see this version of Ned ever being a Goblin. He's Ganke with a different name.

Spectacular Member

That would be hilarious if this whole film was just another Mysterio ploy.... and the end credit scene reveals Mysterio is Mephisto.

Is it just me or did "Be careful what you wish for, Parker" sound an awful lot like Topher Grace? As far as I know, there hasn't been a hint of a rumor that the SM3 version of Venom could be in this one.

Anyway, it was great to see Molina as Ock again. He was almost nothing like Doc Ock in any comic version, but his version was nevertheless great.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Anyway, it was great to see Molina as Ock again. He was almost nothing like Doc Ock in any comic version, but his version was nevertheless great.
    I love Molina as Doc Ock. Spider-Man 2 was a great film.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ultimate Member

Happy is shown in peril in the trailer ... might not make it to the court case.
    They'd have to kill a lot of people to frame Pete, though. All his classmates who were threatened in London, for example. And Mysterio's body would eventually be identified, and even if Happy is dead, I'd assume that Rhodey would have access to the same information.

Plus, fake-Fury and Hill were the ones who vouched for Mysterio. All they'd have to do is say 'Yeah, he was a bad guy'.

I just don't foresee a lot of court drama

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    That would be hilarious if this whole film was just another Mysterio ploy.... and the end credit scene reveals Mysterio is Mephisto.
    Only if Mephisto ends up being Bruce Campbell.

Spectacular Member

Only if Mephisto ends up being Bruce Campbell.
    Oh man, now I'm really curious if they are going to have a Bruce Campbell reference.