Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    A 2008 draft for Captain America: The First Avengers also featured Wolverine.
    Makes sense. I remember EMH had him in it's Cap origin episode as James Howlett.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Meaning?
    The kind of Spider-Man he would be if he was introduced from the onset and not way later.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes sense. I remember EMH had him in it's Cap origin episode as James Howlett.

I remember hearing about that
    Yeah, X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out around that time and First Class (which features Magneto’s Holocaust/WW2 backstory) came out not long after that.

It seems there was going to be a deal between Fox and Marvel Studio that fell through after Disney bought Marvel.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 10-30-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

The kind of Spider-Man he would be if he was introduced from the onset and not way later.
    You mean one who's already been Spider-Man for a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    Yeah, X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out around that time and First Class (which features Magneto’s Holocaust/WW2 backstory) came out not all after that.

It seems there was going to be a deal between Fox and Marvel Studio that fell through after Disney bought Marvel.
    Both first Class and First Avenger came out in 2011 so it wouldn't be too hard to tie them together had Marvel & Fox made an agreement

You mean one who's already been Spider-Man for a few years?
    Or starting out without needing The Avengers or Iron Man because that structure isn't in place yet.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Trailer got me hype. Jamie Fox as Electro looks far better in this movie than he did in Amazing 2. I spotted Lizard and Sandman. Is Strange trying to kill Peter to save the multiverse? That would be wild.

Wasn't the time Michelle found out when Peter was fighting Mysterio and then soon after they got back he was outed...?

Do Michelle and Ganke really need to join Peter on his talk with Dr. Strange? Like, I get they're his friends, but this feels out of depth for civilians and they don't need to follow him around everywhere.

Wonder how Otto gets the red tentacle upgrade. I love how he doesn't even recognize MCU Peter as Peter which just goes to show how weird this all is.

They make fun of Otto Octavius but wait until they hear someone say "Doctor Octopus..."

"It was their fate to die against Spider-Man" so Peter ends up screwing with the plan and going up against Dr. Strange because he doesn't want to resign them to death? Even though Gobby killed himself, Sandman faded into the sky of his own accord, and Ock went out heroically...and Lizard didn't die either, but okay.

Electro's starfish mask! There it is .

Oh look, JK Simmons has his Commissioner Gordon hat.

This is basically like the Insomniac Spider-Man game where Peter has to track down and stop the Sinister Six, except they're one short .

I would not be surprised if they edited Tobey and Andrew swinging around in that scene of Strange, especially when he says "they're coming." And, really, banking so much on villains that fought other Spider-Men it really doesn't make sense that those other Spider-Men wouldn't be in the movie.

I had hoped for Sandman (guess Thomas Haden Church is back unless he's just in sand form the whole time), didn't expect Amazing Spider-Man 2's Harry. I hope he has a scene with Willem Dafoe's Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I had hoped for Sandman (guess Thomas Haden Church is back unless he's just in sand form the whole time), didn't expect Amazing Spider-Man 2's Harry. I hope he has a scene with Willem Dafoe's Norman.
    I assume Sandman and Lizard being all CG gets around them having to bring the actors back unless they get any voiced lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    didn't expect Amazing Spider-Man 2's Harry. I hope he has a scene with Willem Dafoe's Norman.
    I think that is Dafoe without the helmet. I may be wrong.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I think that is Dafoe without the helmet. I may be wrong.
    Yeah, I think so too. Looks like he gets an upgraded look for the big finale. More colorful additions to the green flight suit, no mask, goggles. Kind of like Ock's red tentacles.

As an aside, there is a brief moment in the trailer where see the new red bits being added to Ock's arms. Looks like the bridge sequence we've seen a bunch of, but we also see the arms without the new tech. So, what if he corrupts or steals the Iron Spider suit to upgrade his arms? Would explain why Peter changes outfits and how Ock gets his new look.

Any chance they throw a surprise Venom cameo in the actual movie?
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Any chance they throw a surprise Venom cameo in the actual movie?
    Well, we are one member light to make a Sinister Six. And that would certainly be a big moment they might want to save.

I think a post-credits scene echoing Venom 2 makes the most sense though, if they do anything.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

They set up Venom v. Spidey, but they wouldn't team with Sinister Six to fight him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    They set up Venom v. Spidey, but they wouldn't team with Sinister Six to fight him.
    Why not? As far as Eddie is likely concerned, Peter Parker is a murderer. And the symbiote didn't seem terribly friendly to Spider-folk in the Venom post credit scene.

I still don't think it's likely (would be funny if it was Topher Grace's Venom instead, just to see the fan reactions). But it's certainly viable if they want to go that route.