Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Considering none of the villains are specifically from Andrew’s spider-verse (Lizard comes the closest, but no confirmation), even if they do add alt-reality Spider-Men…it doesn’t have to be Mr. Garfield himself.
    Electro in Garfield’s movie had a blue energy signature.

No, we don’t have confirmation that this is exactly the same Electro.

A tease in an attempt to get us excited? Sure, not gonna deny that.
    Lizard's design is pretty much the same and Foxx's Electro was another "fated to die against Spider-Man" so I think it's definitely the intention that they're Andrew's villains in one form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lizard's design is pretty much the same and Foxx's Electro was another "fated to die against Spider-Man" so I think it's definitely the intention that they're Andrew's villains in one form or another.
    “I think” =! “Confirmed”

There’s absolutely no reason a Brazilian-released trailer should be different than a non-Brazilian-released trailer, aside from dubbing/subtitle differences or mistakes, which is not what happened. The differences between what we’ve seen are intentional…by somebody…likely to help foster interest.
    It wasn't just the Brazilian trailer. Lizard was being punched by air in the trailer when it premiered online. By this morning, though, that had been edited out of the trailer (though you can still find clips of the air punch online).

It looks good. I've felt like I've kind of outgrown Spider-Man over the past few movies- it takes an effort to get me to the theaters to watch them, but this one has me legit excited, and I will be there opening weekend.

If the other two Spider-Men show up, I'll be glad they hid that in the trailers. It's gotten ridiculous how much of the movie a trailer normally gives away these days, and it will be nice to be surprised. That being said- if Andrew and Tobey really AREN'T in the movie, there will be some serious backlash against it.

The humor was so bad. And making fun of the villain in the best Spider-Man film of all time? You three bozos aren't worthy!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That being said- if Andrew and Tobey really AREN'T in the movie, there will be some serious backlash against it.
    Which would be completely stupid since nobody associated with (nor any actual advertising of) the actual film has stated they are going to be in it. It's all been others providing "leaks" and "insider info." Yet people would blame Marvel for it smh

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The humor was so bad. And making fun of the villain in the best Spider-Man film of all time? You three bozos aren't worthy!
    Ah come on! JJJ lampshaded how daft Dr Octopus’s name was in that very film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Ah come on! JJJ lampshaded how daft Dr Octopus’s name was in that very film.
    That was totally different! He was commenting seriously, not making fun. Plus he named Otto Dr. Octopus with no irony whatsoever.

MCU Pete also made fun of Dr. Strange's name.

I'm still wondering if this is really Strange.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

“I think” =! “Confirmed”
    Seems pretty likely.
    I've seen people speculate they re-cut the scene and they're not actually laughing at Otto's name.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    MCU Pete also made fun of Dr. Strange's name.

I'm still wondering if this is really Strange.
    I've seen some speculate it might somehow be Supreme Strange from What If but I feel like it would be hard to deliver a reveal that it isn't the real Strange without taking people out of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I've seen some speculate it might somehow be Supreme Strange from What If but I feel like it would be hard to deliver a reveal that it isn't the real Strange without taking people out of the movie.
    Mysterio I think could work.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

And Octavius isn’t really that funny a name. There’s people in real life with even weirder names!
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Mysterio I think could work.
    I feel like it would be weird to be so close to a Sinister Six and then just stop at five. Mysterio would make sense as someone fated to die against Spider-Man and he got Peter into this mess.

Ultimate Member

Anyone think the Lizard design should've been changed?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Anyone think the Lizard design should've been changed?
    Supposedly he has pants/the labcoat look at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    And Octavius isn’t really that funny a name. There’s people in real life with even weirder names!
    Yah, plus its really nameist when you think about it. If I were an Otto, I'd be embarrassed to even see the movie! Besides, Peter Parker is an odd name itself, and Ned is nerdy as heck for a modern name. Michelle Jones is ok I guess, she's got the least ridiculous name of all four of them.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-17-2021 at 05:27 PM.