Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Uhh..I'm in the exact opposite to the popular view when it comes to Kraven.

I can't stand the character, I find him to be utterly ridiculous.

IMO, his most valuable contribution to Spider-man's mythos was his death. I'd rather never see him on screen but it seems people like the character so we'll get him eventually.
    I think you could probably do a good live-action Kraven update like they did with Vulture and Mysterio.

I hope we get a more street-level movie in the future installments.

Spider-MAN, IMHO, is at his best when he's the Friendly Neighborhood version.

Kraven's Last Hunt would be great with a Michael Dorn or a Kevin Grevioux type actor but the ship probably has sailed on both. I could see Joel Kinnaman or Pedro Pascal working if they went with a more USM Kraven.

It's probably why I enjoyed Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Amazing Spider-Man, and Homecoming because the threats seemed a bit more "grounded" than most other super fare (I guess ASM and SM2 had "city" ending consequences).

I'll watch this one eventually because I really love Strange but the multiverse stuff never really appealed to me with Peter. I've enjoyed it Miles, OTOH.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-10-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I hope we get a more street-level movie in the future installments.

Spider-MAN, IMHO, is at his best when he's the Friendly Neighborhood version.

Kraven's Last Hunt would be great with a Michael Dorn or a Kevin Grevioux type actor but the ship probably has sailed on both. I could see Joel Kinnaman or Pedro Pascal working if they went with a more USM Kraven.

It's probably why I enjoyed Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Amazing Spider-Man, and Homecoming because the threats seemed a bit more "grounded" than most other super fare (I guess ASM and SM2 had "city" ending consequences).

I'll watch this one eventually because I really love Strange but the multiverse stuff never really appealed to me with Peter. I've enjoyed it Miles, OTOH.
    I so want more street-level Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Kraven's Last Hunt would be great with a Michael Dorn.
    Klingon's Last Hunt. That would rule.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I so want more street-level Spidey.
    I am so glad I am not alone on that.

Spidey is a diverse IP but I dunno ... whenever he's just trying to save the buro, it feels right to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Klingon's Last Hunt. That would rule.
    "DaHjaj SuvwI'e' jiH. tIgwIj Sa'angNIS. Iw bIQtIq jIjaH!"

"Are you speaking Klingon!?"

He voiced Kraven in the MTV show. I was hoping we'd get more of him in that show but it was cancelled. He had a wonderful presence.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-10-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Didn't Far From Home hint at Kraven with Shield Agent Dmitri? Although that's the Chameleon he did sort of resemble Kraven and of course they're brothers.

Then again we had Prowler and Scorpion all set up too but no payoff it seems, at least not yet.

I wonder if they might have Simmons play a dual role by having MCU Jonah meet his Raimiverse counterpart? That'd be fun.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-11-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Didn't Far From Home hint at Kraven with Shield Agent Dmitri? Although that's the Chameleon he did sort of resemble Kraven and of course they're brothers.

Then again we had Prowler and Scorpion all set up too but no payoff it seems, at least not yet.

I wonder if they might have Simmons play a dual role by having MCU Jonah meet his Raimiverse counterpart? That'd be fun.
    Tobey should at least see and recognize him .

A full plot spoiler leak has made it online. Not confirmed true but many are saying this sounds really real.

May be fake but just in case beware of spoilers online! It's the full plot minus the post scenes if true.

Mighty Member

The early reviews are very positive, and while this may be true for most Marvel movies, from what I've seen they are outright saying it's great.

Scott Menzel who is more critical of Marvel movies says it is "the best Marvel movie of all time."

So Variety spoils the film again and the full plot is online and post scene video leaked so--good luck with that if you hate spoilers.

Also rt score so far is 100!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So Variety spoils the film again and the full plot is online and post scene video leaked so--good luck with that if you hate spoilers.

Also rt score so far is 100!
    As it's only out tomorrow I'm sure I can manage to not click on gutter-journalism clickbait headers for 24 hours. It will be like a game.

I'm just hoping that no matter what happens this makes it possible to move on from Zendaya. With Zendaya we got an actress that could be MJ on the red carpet during the premiers...but not in the movie itself. In the movies we got someone that dresses like a hobo with a attitude taken from Daria https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118298/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm just hoping that no matter what happens this makes it possible to move on from Zendaya. With Zendaya we got an actress that could be MJ on the red carpet during the premiers...but not in the movie itself. In the movies we got someone that dresses like a hobo with a attitude taken from Daria https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118298/
    Do you think the way she is written in the films is her fault? She's a talented actress. If they wanted her to be a Hollywood starlet like the comics Zendaya can act that way.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Do you think the way she is written in the films is her fault? She's a talented actress. If they wanted her to be a Hollywood starlet like the comics Zendaya can act that way.
    Hey! She can also stare forlornly at the camera while someone yodels in the background!

I jest…but she totally can do that well too!

BANNED

Taking my time to read many of the reviews in depth and I can not understand disney/sony bizarre paranoia. Apparently word is, Critics are not really allowed to mention that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are in the film. Like, why so much secrecy for what is the most obvious part of the film already.